January 21, 2011

let freedom ring for Roy Kronk!

There were quite a few happenings in the case against Casey Anthony today.

The best news of all was related to Roy Kronk, the gentleman who discovered the remains of Caylee Anthony, in December, 2008.  Judge Perry ruled against the Defense bringing into testimony any mention of Roy Kronk’s supposed “prior bad acts.”

A collective sigh of relief was probably released around the blogosphere as a result of that news.  Nearly everyone complained about the horrible way the Defense was characterizing Kronk.  They (the Defense) floated a sick bunch of stories that his ex-wives conjured up, and that Baez and company wanted so badly to further fabricate at trial.

However, the Judge is allowing the Defense to ask Kronk about his 911 calls.  That’s only fair.

I don’t doubt that Kronk will be a good witness.  He was straight forward and honest in his multiple interviews with the Detectives, so I bet he will do just fine.

I’m glad for Roy Kronk; the position that he was being put in by the Defense was unfair, and in my view, unethical since the Defense had only rumors, not a single FACT to support the ex-wives stories.

Read the Judge’s ruling with regards to Roy Kronk here.

Other interesting happenings today in the case included news that Linda Drane Burdick filed a request to have Casey’s “pen-pal” from the jail, Robyn Adams, brought to Orlando to testify for the State, presumably against Casey Anthony.  Robyn Adams is currently imprisoned in Tallahassee on drug charges.  The Judge approved the request.

As for the additional motions that were decided today, they are:

1) The Defense motion to subpoena Joe Jordan’s photographs.  DENIED.  The judge wrote that the Defense did not provide adequate facts to support their claims that the photos were relevant.

2) The Defense entered a motion to limit the use of a telephoto lens in the courtroom.  The Judge today said: DENIED.

3) The Defense a while ago asked to have the Justice Administrative Commission (JAC), pay for extra costs the Defense accrued for transcripts.  The Judge APPROVED the $860.70 that the Defense requested.

4) The Defense filed a motion to forbid any testimony that Tim Miller, EquuSearch President, might give about Casey Anthony nearly pointing on a map where Caylee’s remains would be.  The Judge APPROVED this motion.  This was no surprise as the State said they would not have asked Tim Miller to speculate about what “might” have happened had Casey not been stopped, and pulled out of the room by her mother.

5) The Defense’s motion to keep the table knife found in Casey’s car out of the case was APPROVED.

So, that’s it!  A busy TGIF in the Casey Anthony case.

There are still quite a few outstanding motions that the Judge has yet to rule on.  With luck, these will be decided next week.

In the mean time, there is a hearing planned for next Monday, at 4:00 pm, to discuss the Defense request for more funds to pay for the investigative work they claim is necessary.

Let’s hope their investigator does not attempt to do to another poor soul what was done to Roy Kronk.

About these ads
  1. Sherry
    Jan 21 2011

This is good news concerning Roy Kronk. I’m a bit unsettled by the State wanting to use Robyn Adams though. It, imo, makes the State look hokey having to use a convict when they have such a strong case already. Maybe, hopefully, she is only a just-in-case witness who won’t be called to testify.

• Jan 22 2011

Hey Sherry, Yes, I can see how you’d come to that conclusion, too. It does seem kind of unsettling, or seemingly desperate when they have such a strong case already. But, they did her depo already, so she must bring something important to the table. She was the one, after all, that Casey spoke to about “cholorform” and about not wanting to be a mother, and a few other damaging things. I have yet to read all those letters in Casey’s handwriting – Casey’s handwriting is difficult to decipher, for me anyway!

• weezie10
        Jan 26 2011

Yes, and let’s not forget, the comparison of reaction to searchers looking for Caylee at Blanchford Park and Casey smiling, but when it came time to announce that body parts were found in the woods just down the street from where she lived, she froze, and turned pale. Did Robyn actually see Casey’s reaction? or did she surmise this in her voice? I would like to know that for sure. Yes, I think she will definately testify, even though the Defence will try to discredit her. The letters speak for themselves. Andrea, I thought Robyn was only brought into this due to another cell mate reporting their friendship etc.? Isn’t that a post you made earlier? Also who is Joe Jordan (ie: which photos are we talking about?). Finally, I agree about past wives of Kronk. Who’s to say they weren’t in this for a piece of the media pie? Whatever happened to his son? Is he a witness?

• Sherry
      Jan 22 2011

Ok, there may be something to this but if I were a juror I’d be a bit suspicious of a convict testifying in a trial. Yikes!

2. Jan 22 2011

Maybe they are just rattling the cage a bit – letting Baez know who has experience here

just a thought – I have been into cage rattling a bit myself lately ;)

• Venice
      Jan 22 2011

LOL Kim!!!

3. Jan 22 2011

HELLO ALL I THOUGHT PEOPLE THTA ARE IN JAIL DONT HAVE CREDABILITY WHATS GOING ON?ROBIN WILL LIE AND WILL ADD TO THE STATEMENTS SHE MAKES.DONT FORGTE SHE IN JAIL FOR 10YEARS OR MORE FOR DOING DRUGS.WOW!WHAT WILL SHE WANT TO TESIFY?L QUESS LESS TIME TO GET OUT WHAT ELSE WOULD SHE BE DOING THIS?WHAT A MESS THIS IS GOING TO BE.

• Jan 22 2011

Hi Annie… Well, it might be just a hearing or a depo…. but I hear you, it’s a bit dicey to ask a felon to testify…. :(

• weezie10
        Jan 26 2011

Hey it’s done all the time. I think the jury can decide the credibility of the witness. Who’s saying there is a deal on the table for Robyn? They don’t have to offer he anything. If she is court ordered to testify, against her will, well that’s another story. That would come out in court by the Defence, proving her to be a hostile witness. I haven’t heard that there is any deal, nor reluctance on her part. I don’t believe she’s in the same jail as Casey anymore. JMO

4. Molly
    Jan 22 2011

Robyn is being brought to Orlando to testify at a HEARING. i think we’ll see after that what happens with her actually testifying at trial. this may just be to shake JAB.

so glad for Kronk! not only did baez point fingers at him he had it plastered all over the media & tv! that was underhanded, low & awful!

• Jan 22 2011

Hey Molly, I thought that it was a hearing, too. But, I double checked the media, and sure enough, they are reporting it’s at trial….. hmmm, I will investigate and correct the post if we are right about this…Thanks a bunch for pointing this out.
      What Baez and crew did to Kronk was sooo awful. Maybe he does have a somewhat checkered past (though there are NO facts to support this), the point is he did not kill or have anything to do with Caylee other than to be her angel and find her.

• weezie10
        Jan 26 2011

How do angels’ wings end up looking like pitch forks? You do a good deed and the public want to find something wrong in that person. Too good to be true so it must be false. I’m so sick of people who will mob a person’s character and make that person the shame of the town, of the world. What would you do if you came across what he did. Run, go tell the police, wait and call on your cell phone to the police to wait for them to arrive, or just saunter down the road as if, IT’S NOT MY PROBLEM, I DON’T WANT TO GET INVOLVED!!! I think Kronk deserves better than that. In fact he’s the only person that seems to have not profited by his actions. God bless him. I hope he is a star witness.

5. Molly
    Jan 22 2011

this is what i had seen. but this is not true, WESH did not specify that it was for a hearing. the request & the order do not specify either. oh well, we will see!

***WESH and WFTV-Channel 9 reported that Robyn Adams, Anthony’s pen pal at the Orange County Jail, will be moved from a penitentiary in Tallahassee to testify at a hearing here. Perry didn’t specify a date when Adams, a convicted drug dealer, will testify, Kealing reported. “Casey allegedly told Adams that she gave Caylee chloroform and that she did not want to be a mom,” WFTV anchor Martie Salt said.

• Jan 22 2011

I searched too, Molly. LOL! They all referred to testimony at trial. I can’t remember if the state depo’d Robyn Adams already. If that’s the case, then it would make sense to bring her for the trial – if what she’s going to say is important. I think she is a reluctant witness, if my memory serves. LE interviewed her – I’ll have to go back and read that…. required reading for tonight, perhaps! Anyway, thanks so much for checking this out!

6. Jan 22 2011

Here’s the Robyn Adams transcript!

7. cali patti
    Jan 22 2011

Good news for Roy Kronk, I suppose. R. Kronk ‘s reputation has been so shattered already.
    Roy Kronks treatment is a good example why people chose not to come forward with information. Even as a witness to a lesser crime many people stop and ask themselves will the hassel be something they are willing to live with.

• Jan 23 2011

Hey Cali Patti.

Yes, the man has been through the ringer! It’s too bad, but he’ll be okay in the long run, I think. And he’s just had a birthday – it was Saturday, the day after the Judge denied the Defense’s request to use Kronk’s “bad acts”.

So, alls well that ends well!

8. Molly
    Jan 23 2011

Andrea, thanks for that transcript! not sure if i read that one before.

• Jan 23 2011

You’re welcome, Molly. I read them last night – fascinating! I just wrote an article about it………..

9. weezie10
    Jan 26 2011

Andrea; I just managed to read 40 pages of the transcipt. Wow. If she doesn’t appear, it will be a crying shame. I was really shocked to hear that they were in front of each other many times, sometimes at great length. I now believe that she can put together the different reaction to Caylee’s remains being found. Unless they have jail guards disputing that they ever were near each other, this is quite enlightening both to the public and the jury.

10. Truth throughout
    Jun 27 2011

What ? Roy Kronk honest ? he lied to police about his ex-wife being dead . He also planted the snake in the woods to establish the area he would dump the body .( autopsy of snake finds it was run over by car and not ” Hit by a stick ” as Roy said ) . Searchers have pictures a month before of the exact place the body was found — NO BODY WAS THERE ! Roy likes to play a game called ” World of Warcraft ” in which you kill and hide bodies in the woods !!!!!!

11. Weezie
    Jun 27 2011

T>T> where are you getting your information from? Can you give me the link to the autopsy on the snake? NOBODY went into that area due to the water’s being too high, search was curtailed. I believe there are enough weather reports to substantiate that fact. It was even like a Marsh in October when the P.I.’s did their videoing of looking for the remains. He just admitted it was marshy in October, so I would imagine that was the remnants of August’s rains.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 482 other followers