September 30, 2011

Weekly Photo Challenge: Spoonbill Sunset

There was a beautiful sunset last evening in Ft. Lauderdale.  So many different shades of pink and orange and brown filled the horizon as if painted there….and, I didn’t have my camera!

But, when a Roseate Spoonbill came to visit me one afternoon, I shot pictures until the light faded to near nothingness.

Can you see how the sunset seems to tease the water as it moves in with its colors?

About these ads
  1. CptKD
    Sep 30 2011

AWESOME pic, Andrea!

You do come up with some WOW-sies!!!

• Oct 1 2011

Hey my dear! I have missed you! I know you’re done with anything Anthony, I guess I am, too, but I still like to write about it now and then, it still riles me up!

Hope all is well and you’re feeling good and can be,. Hugs….:)

2. Sep 30 2011

Beatutiful picture! How wonderful the technology in the cameras that are available today.

3. Sep 30 2011

I can always count on you to give us some unique perspective on nature. Thanks you camera buff.

4. colleen
    Sep 30 2011

WOW!!

5. Faith
    Sep 30 2011

Simply beautiful! Makes me think “My God how great thou art”.
    Thank you so much.

Faith

6. Sep 30 2011

What a wonderful capture! Glad you had your camera. :)

• Oct 1 2011

Thank you, Katie! I’m glad, too! It was a rare thing to have such a lovely creature visit and stay for an extended time, too!

7. Oct 1 2011

perfect colours match, the spoonbill and the reflection.. great pic

8. Oct 1 2011

Thank you all! I’m taking my camera tomorrow and going to Butterfly World – Taking it tonight to Benihana’s, too!

9. Oct 1 2011

Fantastic photo! How can I join this Weekly Photo Challange?

Trackbacks & Pingbacks

1. Weekly Photo Challenge: Sunset « Cheryl Andrews
  2. The Sunset Chaser « Private Mixture
  3. Weekly Photo Challenge: Sunset « Blog Archive « Snapshots of the World
  4. Weekly Photo Challenge: Sunset (1) | melonpopzdropz …
  5. Weekly Photo Challenge: Sunset « aRVee's blog
  6. Weekly Photo Challenge: Sunset (2) | melonpopzdropz …
  7. Weekly Photo Challenge: Sunset | I Choose Happy Now
  8. Weekly Photo Challenge : Sunset « Hurtled to 60 and Now Beyond
  9. Weekly Photo Challenge: Sunset (6) | melonpopzdropz …
  10. WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge: Sunset - An Italian Umbrian Sunset | ichoosehappynow.com
  11. Weekly Photo Challenge: Sunset… | Mirth and Motivation
  12. Sun Sets on the Golden Horn – Weekly Photo Challenge (Sunset) « aNTibaKTeRiYeL

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 508 other followers