April 13, 2012

Weekly Photo Challenge: Two Subjects…

Art on Miami Apartment Building

The WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge asks us to illustrate two subjects in a photo.

This was the first photo I thought of….  I really love that this image is so unexpected!  It’s such an odd thing to see as you drive the turnpike in Miami.

I captured this through the window of a car – about three weeks ago.  I was a passenger in the car and happened to have my camera in my lap when I saw this out of nowhere!   I nearly missed it, too.  Fortunately I got the shot on the first try.

And, the sky that day was really that blue!

In a sense, there are three subjects in this photo: The artwork, the building, and the bluer-than-blue sky.

I don’t know why this whimsical piece of art is on this apartment building, which is about 15 stories high, but it’s clearly been put there purposely.  Maybe a tenant placed it there?

I don’t know if it’s even still hanging on the building.

I think it resembles the work of artist Romero Brito, the Brazilian pop-artist, who makes Miami his home.  But, he generally signs his work.

So, it’s a mystery – a whimsical and beautiful mystery!

Somewhere in Miami this colorful artwork is happily hanging on the side of an apartment building! Photo by Andrea O’Connell, 2012

About these ads
  1. Apr 14 2012

A great photo for the first try inside a car. Love it!!

• Apr 16 2012

Hi Changeversations (love that name!) Thank you so much…. It was quite a surprising sight to see!

2. Apr 14 2012

I used to and partly still do compare skies in Florida to the occasional blue here in the UK. I still think there is no other blue that compares to the Florida blues. I loved ‘em. Beautiful picture..;)

• Apr 16 2012

Hi Cobbies! Yes, when the sky is blue like that, it’s heavan! I find it’s difficult to have a bad day under a sky like that!

3. Apr 14 2012

Wow, great shot although I don’t know how I’d feel if I lived there and my balcony was blocked up with it. It reminds me of an episode of “Frasier” when someone hung a flag on the building and blocked his view. Cool shot – especially as you were on the run!! Well done!!

• Apr 16 2012

Hi Louise…LOL! Well, the good thing is it is hanging where the stairwell is… thanks so much for your visiting and for your kind comments! :)

4. Apr 14 2012

incredible, it looks surreal :)

• Apr 16 2012

Hey there, Dadirri… I agree…there is something surreal about seeing something like this, out of the blue – or rather, in the blue sky! Tee hee.

5. What a fun image! Great job catching this picture.

• Apr 16 2012

Thanks a bunch! Thanks for stopping by and commenting… I appreciate it very much… :)

• Apr 16 2012

Hi Jo, Thanks so much! Yours are lovely, too! You got my vote, by the way, on the contest! :)

• Apr 16 2012

Thanks Andrea…I really appreciate you taking the time to visit the website and vote for my blog. Thanks !!!!

6. Apr 14 2012

Great entry for the subject at hand. I also suspect this cheery lady serves as a landmark as well. I can just hear the way someone might give directions, using her as a reference point.

• Apr 16 2012

Hi Orpies… Yes, that’s a good point! Go past the flying lady…. turn right at the droopy guy and blah blah blah! LOL!

• Apr 16 2012

Exactly! :)

7. Apr 16 2012

fun!

8. Apr 16 2012

If You don’t care about blogging awards, don’t go here: http://mothergrogan.wordpress.com/2012/04/16/versatile-blogger-award-2-the-green-badge-returns/ ;-)

• Apr 16 2012

Hi Mothergrogan and thank you so much for listing my blog for an award, too! I really do appreciate it more than you know!

9. Apr 16 2012

Such a vibrant capture. Is that the shadow behind it or was it painted on? Love the patterns!

• Apr 16 2012

Hi Angelique… Yes, it’s the shadow. The day was so bright and blue and captured that shadow, too…. :)

10. Apr 18 2012

What a great shot! Perfect picture to go with this week’s theme. Great post.

11. Apr 29 2012

Hi. Great work. You & I have the same wordpress theme by the way.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 507 other followers