April 20, 2012

Weekly Photo Challenge: Sun

Clouds Chasing the Sun.  Photo by Andrea O'Connell

The challenge this week is to capture the sun!  I usually battle with the sun when developing images…. When there’s too much sun-glare it can wreak havoc on an image.   So, it’s nice, for a change, to have an occasion to relish the sun!

A Roseate Spoonbill sun dance:

Sun Dancing. Photo by Andrea O’Connell

Clouds chasing the sun:

Clouds Chasing the Sun. Photo by Andrea O’Connell

An orange flower drinks in the sun:

Drinking in the Sun. Photo by Andrea O’Connell

About these ads
  1. Apr 20 2012

Three lovely sunny situations – sorry. But doesn’t it make you want to smile?

• Apr 20 2012

Hi Wanderlust…! Yes, indeed it does! Thank you for stopping by; I appreciate your visit!

2. Apr 20 2012

The effect of sunlight in the 2nd photo is awesome! :D

• Apr 20 2012

Hi Milaiski, Thank you! I appreciate that – thanks for stopping by! :)

3. Apr 21 2012

all quite lovely!

4. Ayin C.
    Apr 21 2012

I like how the sun’s behind the cloud. It looks like it wanna burst happiness :)

5. Apr 21 2012

Nice shots, all three, Andrea. :)

6. Apr 21 2012

stunning shots!

7. Apr 21 2012

Beautiful entry Andrea lots of fun in the sun :)

8. Apr 21 2012

I like them all but my favourite is the flower! Great series!

9. Apr 21 2012

I like the second one and the way the sun has brought out the colour of the flower.

10. Apr 21 2012

Stunning photographs. The second one is really excellent.

11. Apr 21 2012

All lovely but I love the shimmer on the bird!

12. Apr 22 2012

these are all great but the bird is a favourite

13. Apr 22 2012

I really like the one – Clouds Chasing the Sun. It’s a great shot. Thanks for sharing it.

14. Apr 23 2012

Lovely photos; I am a Floridian, so I appreciate seeing Florida so well represented here; that sky, spoonbill and flower are all beautiful. Thanks for sharing and visiting my blog.

15. Amar Naik
    Apr 23 2012
  16. Apr 25 2012

that cloud image is beautiful! all three are great for this challenge. thanks for sharing.

17. Diane
    Apr 28 2012

I’m missing you girl!

Trackbacks & Pingbacks

1. Weekly Photo Challenge: Sun « Mystiic
  2. Tropical Island Sun | this man's journey
  3. Weekly Photo Challenge: Sun « Mike Hardisty Photography
  4. Weekly Photo Challenge: Sun | Living Life in Glorious Colour
  5. Weekly Photo Challenge: Sun | Colline's Blog
  6. Weekly photo challenge: The Sun « elspethc
  7. Weekly Photo Challenge: Sun | mothergrogan
  8. Weekly Photo Challenge: Sun « Hurtled to 60 and Now Beyond…
  9. Weekly Photo Challenge: Sun « The Proscenium
  10. Weekly Photo Challenge: Sun « Simply Charming
  11. Weekly Photo Challenge: Sun | Stories of My Wandering Feet (& Mind)
  12. Weekly Photo Challenge: Sun « Reflections in a Puddle
  13. Weekly Photo Challenge: Sun « Observations
  14. Weekly Photo Challenge – Sun « melonpopzdropz …
  15. Weekly Photo Challenge: Sun | Children's Books & More
  16. Reaching for the Sun | Living Life in Glorious Colour
  17. Weekly Photo Challenge: Sun « Flickr Comments by FrizzText
  18. Weekly Photo Challenge: Sun « Missionary IOU 差 情 尋
  19. Weekly Photo Challenge: Sun « Marcia Clarke–La Chica Writes
  20. Weekly Photo Challenge : Sun | imexcited
  21. Weekly Photo challenge: { Sun } « lifebydmagdalene
  22. Weekly Photo Challenge: Sun | The Daily Practice
  23. Weekly Photo Challenge: Sun « a hectic life

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 482 other followers