May 19, 2012

Weekly Photo Challenge: Hands

A Butterfly Holds A Child's Hand.  Photo by Andrea O'Connell

The word this week is: Hands.

This is one of my favorite photos.  I captured this at Butterfly World, in Coconut Creek, Florida.  The butterflies fly all around you and sometimes, if you’re really really lucky, they’ll land on you.  A docent once told me they are attracted to perfumes and to people who stand very still while donning a flowery outfit.

Basically, if you want a better chance to attract a butterfly, smell and dress like a rose!

This butterfly lighted on this little hand and I was delighted to be in the right place at the right time to capture it!

A Butterfly Holds A Child’s Hand. Photo by Andrea O’Connell

About these ads
  1. May 19 2012

breath-taking andrea!

2. May 19 2012

Ahhhh…nice and cute shot!

3. May 20 2012

How did you take the picture? Amazing…

• May 20 2012

Hi Albadr… Well, I think it was mostly luck! The little girl was just standing, amazed, that this little butterfly landed on her finger. I was in awe, too. – Sometimes when I see a really amazing shot, I get so nervous and excited I miss the shot. But the little girl and her mother saw my camera, and they managed to hold perfectly still, waiting for me while I snapped away. It wasn’t long before the butterfly flew off, so I was grateful that my excitement didn’t get the better of me and I got the shot!

4. Smell and look like a rose…. very pretty indeed. :-) Wonderful picture. Thank you for sharing!

5. May 22 2012

Wonderful entry. I love the simplicity and the message here. :)

6. Great shot. Thanks for sharing.

7. Sep 25 2013

SPECTACULAR ! :D

Trackbacks & Pingbacks

1. Weekly Photo Challenge : Hands « Thoughts Unrestricted
  2. Weekly Photo Challenge: Hands « aRVee
  3. Weekly Photo Challenge: Hands | Blog Kemaren Siang
  4. Weekly Photo Challenge: Hands « Jinan Daily Photo
  5. Weekly Photo Challenge: Hands « Ruined for Life: Phoenix Edition
  6. Weekly Photo Challenge: Hands « The Proscenium
  7. Weekly Photo Challenge: Hands « 夏の夢
  8. Hands of Time: Weekly Photo Challenge (Hands) | iPhotoloGy
  9. Weekly Photo Challenge: Summer « Ruined for Life: Phoenix Edition
  10. Weekly Photo Challenge: Summer « Beijing City Photo 2
  11. Weekly Photo Challenge: Summer 2 « Ruined for Life: Phoenix Edition

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 481 other followers