August 7, 2009

new discovery released today reveals Caylee Anthony was so close and yet so far away

Another slew of documents, photos, reports, and crime scene animation have been released as discovery in the case against Casey Anthony.

Of note:

• No blood found in the trunk of Casey’s car.
  • Confirmed traces of “vaporized chloroform” (Wesh News, 2009).
  • Confirmed evidence of human decomposition in trunk
  • Cell phone pings and tracking evidence of Casey’s movements and sleep patterns.
  • emails / text messages between Casey and Amy Huizenga, and more.

The crime scene animation is especially startling as it brings into full view how close Caylee’s body was to the side of Suburban Road.  It is a stark reminder that tragically, no one listened to Roy Kronk back in August.  Hindsight is 20/20, of course, and today’s release of discovery just bring home the tragic series of events that resulted from the oversight, including the fact that we may never know how Caylee died.

Here is a link to the animation:

A 358 page supplemental police investigative report can be found here:

25 fascinating photos, including 3D animation can be seen here:

9 page investigative report:

11 page “preliminary” forensic report:

Peace,

Andrea

1. mikka
    Aug 7 2009

of course it was no blood in the trunk,decomp. bodys dont bleed!sounds terrible,but thats what all forensic doctor will say!

• Andrea
      Aug 7 2009

Hi Mikka!

What a good point you raise, and of course it is very true. The lack of blood really doesn’t prove or disprove anything in reality.

Thank you for your insight here! 🙂

Andrea

2. Sophie
    Aug 7 2009

There are plenty of ways to do away with a person without losing a drop of blood.

Caylee was chloroformed to relax her, then smothered with duct tape and forgotten in the trunk of a car till she started to smell.

It was all planned. If Casey wasn’t so worried about her partying, she’d have gotten rid of Caylee’s remains immediately.

Lucky for Caylee, Casey got stupid.

That’s all there is to this. I pray she gets life in prison without possibility of parole.

• Andrea
      Aug 7 2009

Sophie,
      Your theory sounds highly probable and I have thought the same. I only pray that Caylee did not suffer, that she went to sleep and never realized felt pain or horror.

I also hope KC gets life without parole; it would be worse for her – death is too easy, and too expensive. She needs to live each day in a state of regret, in my opinion.

Andrea

3. Sophie
    Aug 7 2009

Another infamous woman is getting out of prison this month, freaky Squeaky Fromme, of the Manson family.

I wonder how she will fare with release. Will she have to watch her back every second….or will she wind up chillin’ with Danny Bonaduce on a reality show?

I will be watching to see how she does. I doubt it will go easy for her. She represents a group of individuals who are despised and feared.Casey should pay attention too. In case a miracle comes her way and she gets off.

• Andrea
      Aug 7 2009

Hi Sophie,
      Thanks for your comments! I didn’t realize Squeky Fromme was being released! Wow. Well, at least we know that Charles Manson won’t ever be released. That is some comfort.

Best regards,
      Andrea

4. Molly
    Aug 8 2009

I hear squeaky is quite the reformed woman though. total turn around. well, we’ll see.

I have never heard that they were hoping to find blood in the trunk or that it was even mentioned. I say, so what? There is no blood if you’re strangled, exphysiated(?), so why would there be. No big deal in my book. They have enough. They make it sound like the whole case depends on it being there.

• Andrea
      Aug 8 2009

Hey Molly,
      You are absolutely right, the lack of blood evidence has no bearing because, as you say, there is plenty of additional evidence in the car alone, not to mention in the case itself. Blood evidence is simply another aspect of the forensics that has to be ruled out, that is all, I believe.
      Thanks for keeping it real!
      Andrea

5. Kim
    Aug 8 2009

Good morning, Andrea!

It all just proved (to me anyway) beyond a shadow of a doubt just how cold and calculating Casey is.

The animation was chilling to me. She was tossed like trash and left for the scavengers. I could choke Casey myself!

• Andrea
      Aug 8 2009

Hi Kim,

That is exactly what I thought as I looked at the animation. She was tossed like trash and the fact that she was so very close to home and went undiscovered for such a long time, is beyond heartbreaking and tragic. In truth,we’ll never really know how deeply into the woods the murderer tried to place her since Hurricane Faye, shortly thereafter, came in with its rain and caused a great deal of flooding. The body was floating out there for a time, too.

No place on earth should be a haven for a murderer of a child. I am against the death penalty as I think it is too easy of a solution, and we should not play God, in my humble opinion. But, at the same time, I want her to live in a state of suffering, at least in conscience, to know and live with what she did and be faced with others in the general population of a rancid prison – faced with other criminals who know what she did and will exact thier own kind of cruelty on Casey Anthony.

Thank you for your comments, Kim!

Andrea

6. Id'claire
    Aug 8 2009

This trial will probably be full of animation, both on the part of the State and the Defense lawyers, but ALSO in the form of data/evidence/forensics–such as what was newly released to the public.

Yes! New technology at work.

The jurors will be entertained. A lot of the presented case will be like watching TV, watching re-plays of what the State believes happened. (Backed up with proof, of course) Hopefully, this will keep the case relevant and not too dry. One can only listen to the likes of Dr. Lee for so long….

• Andrea
      Aug 8 2009

Hi Claire!

Thanks so much for your comments…. I agree, the technology that the state will use will be really interesting – I am thrilled that the public got a preview of what’s to come in this case, and what to expect. It’s like what I do for a living – create eLearning – which works so well to educate and is even more fantastic when used to educate a jury on the TRUTH!!!

Hooray for Technology! Tee hee ole’ Mr. Lee…. 🙂

Take care, and thanks again!

Andrea