March 1, 2010

(3/2/10 update) ….. am I dreamin? calling Colonel Mustard, Prof. Plum…

Close up of teeth of knife

Henkel Duct tape

Recently I visited WFTV’s website to review again evidence pictures that were released on February 16th, 2010.  Of interest to me, extreme close ups of the blade of the knife and duct tape…

It has been established that the knife was found in Casey’s car.  Could it be that knife could be considered a murder weapon if it cut the Henkel tape that was placed over Caylees mouth? And could this be the same knife that Cindy Anthony referred to as missing early on in the investigation – or am I dreamin that up?

And could it be that the material hanging from the teeth of the knife is residue that matches the rare Henkel duct tape?  Further, it’s possible that the way the tape was cut, it’s likely they will be able to match the knife itself to the manner in which the duct tape is cut – meaning, perhaps the teeth of the knife match the cuts in the duct tape?

Clearly there is material residue hanging from the knife, and since the photos of the knife and the duct tape are grouped together, it leaves one to believe that there is a key relationship between the two items.

Could there be DNA of both Caylee and Casey found on this knife, and fingerprints?

I believe that Cindy referred to a knife missing from her kitchen…. it is possible then that this is that missing knife?  If yes, then of course it puts Casey in the home for sure prior to the murder.

It’s getting to look pretty bad if all these facts and evidence begins to match up.

Update: 3/02/2010: I may indeed be dreamin’!  Readers of this blog have pointed out to me that evidence has already been released which states that the knife did not hold fibers from duct tape. However, we will know for certain when the next batch of documents are released to the public.

Apparently there were no documents included with these photos.

There is a document release coming, perhaps those documents will give the story of the knife, the tape, the syringe, Gatorade bottles and other material found as clues?

So, Colonel Mustard, Professor Plum, Miss Scarlet, et al, what do you think??

Here’s a link to the photos of all the knife and Henkel duct tape:

NOTE: Don’t forget to take the POLL ~~ BELOW ~~~ I’ll be publishing the results soon!

1. Ideas
    Mar 1 2010

I don’t believe Kronk had access to Cindy’s knives. Unless…their meter is very close to their kitchen window….

I thought someone said that particular brand is hard to just tear into pieces by hand.

2. Andrea
    Mar 1 2010

Hey Friend,

Yep, that’s a plausible theory as any, Miss Scarlet. So, Kronk was reading the meter, out side of the Anthony Kitchen window, which was open just enough for the hot June air to waft around the kitchen.

In the gleam of the sunlight streaming in through the lace curtains, Kronk beheld a beautifully serrated and shiny silver steak knife.

He thought to himself, “well my oh my, isn’t this just perfect to cut Henkel tape with”?!

So he wiggled in the kitchen window, grabbed the knife just at the exact time Casey and Caylee were returning to the home…

LOL! So you weren’t aware of the big “S” for Superman that Kronk wears?

3. auntdeedee
    Mar 2 2010

Don’t forget that Kronk was kind enough to put the duct tape back where it belonged when he was done with it. George has never thanked him for that…

On the knife, if it was the one found within the bags that Caylee was put in, it may be a fiber from the tape. If it was the one that Cindy washed, it may be from a drying towel. I do hope the next docs will reveal something concerning the last release’s pictures.

4. Andrea
    Mar 2 2010

LOL! George does lack manners, aunt dee dee… that’s for darn sure!

I just read that it was the knife found in Casey’s car….And, news flash…. 13,000 pages have just been released to the defense. How in the world are we supposed to read all 13,000 pages? Oh my goodness!

have a lovely night, my friend….

LOL! Correction: there are about 650 new documents with discovery (not 13,000!), just released to the defense!

hugs, andrea

5. Ideas
    Mar 2 2010

Perhaps one might consider Kronk’s motive…was he merely obsessed, overly delighted with using duct tape…on his car, on an ex-wifey, OR, did the motive have something with overpowering small children?

Maybe, when Kronk snatched that gleaming knife in the kitchen as the younger CMA’s walked in, Casey mentioned blithely to him that he could do away with Caylee, with the duct tape, and the knife, AND access to her car. Of course, Casey probably didn’t even see Kronk because she was busy texting.

• Andrea
      Mar 2 2010

Oh, boy I almost forgot about his obsession with taping everything within sight with Duct tape! On, and since he was such a duct tape aficionado, I bet he was just thrilled to get his Meter Reader hands on that rare Henkel Tape! I am certain that Casey, with her sassy, yakity-yak tongue, had much to say to poor Kronk… (Remember everyone..we’re just kidding here!) and then she must have surely breathed a sign of relief (too bad Caylee didn’t have the chance for a quick sigh of relief…) because she DID have to buy a new dress for the big night at Fusion.

6. Boston
    Mar 2 2010

Don’t you know that Mr Kronk stole Casey’s car and she never reported it stolen. She did say that when she ran out of gas that someone helped her to push the car into Amscot. Mr Kronk returned the knife to the wrong drawer.

• Andrea

LOL Boston!!!

7. Hilde
    Mar 2 2010

well I am not sure but I believe I read in the Discovery the Residue found on the Knife doesn’t appear to come from the Henkel Duct Tape. Did any one else read that?

• Andrea
      Mar 2 2010

I don’t remember…. we’ll have to ask folks if they know / have heard. My conclusion was based on the groupings of both the knife and duct tape pictures grouped together as they are…. and, to me, it sure looks like a thread. Regardless, the new docs that are coming out, and that were recently delivered by the state to the defense, should answer this for us… (least I hope so!)
      Thanks Hilde!

• Andrea
      Mar 2 2010

Hey Hilde…Molly agrees with you…darn darn darn…it sure would be too good to be true if the knife and duct tape match….

But, you know what, my curiosity is piqued now … do you remember what they matched those fibers to, Hilde?

I sure as heck can’t remember! 🙂

Thank you again for keeping us all on our toes!

andrea

8. Molly
    Mar 2 2010

Andrea – I think it stated that there has been 13,000 docs released total to date. I think this time its 650 docs.

I also remember about the fiber on the knife not matching the tape. too bad, that would have been good.

• Andrea
      Mar 2 2010

Thank you Molly! Yes, you are absolutely right… 650 being released… I’ll correct that in the piece…
      I swear to goodness, I surely thought I read that they had 13, 000 pages coming…. But, that sounds like an awful lot…I cannot thank you enough for clarifying this information for me / us!

So, darn darn darn it all! Yeap, it sure would be great if the knife had duct tape fiber …..Well, I wonder why they put the tape and the knife pictures together in evidence pictures? Is there any chance you could point me in the direction of where I might find more information on that knife? If you remember the general date? I bet I could find it based on the document releases that have happened to date.

Ms Molly Mustard…. You are the best!

9. Boston
    Mar 2 2010

Hilde-You are such a stickler for detail!

• Andrea
      Mar 2 2010

She is! don’t ya just love it!!!

10. Ideas
    Mar 2 2010

Hey, wasn’t that Kronk in one of those pictures at the no-clothes party? I think he was the one wearing Sawgrass.

• Andrea
      Mar 2 2010

OMG! How could we, (bloodhounds that we are), have missed that? Darn Darn Darn! LOL!!!

11. Hilde
    Mar 2 2010

lol Boston, I didn’t mean to be a stickler. It would have been great if the Fibers on the Knife would match the Duct tape that would been one more Evidence against Casey to add to all the other Evidence the State has.

12. Hilde
    Mar 2 2010

Andrea~~ as far as I know it hasn’t been mentioned where the Fibers on the Knife came from at least I haven’t read anything about it in the Documents.

• Andrea
      Mar 2 2010

Really?! Oh my! Well, then, perhaps it is something damaging? I honestly can’t remember reading about it either…do you remember Cindy saying a knife was missing or was I dreamin? LOL! Thanks Hilde!

13. Boston

Source: The Hinky Meter
    Q242-Knife (car) no hairs- exhibit- decomp present-clear, “goo” present-no blood detected.

I hope I have written that properly. Apparently from this description there was “goo” present. I have no idea what that “goo” could be. I know the world is flat and I leave all other scientific, atmospheric and astronomical scientific analysis in the very capable hands of Valhall over at The Hinky Meter. (I enjoy throwing magnets on my refridgerator and learning how to fly a kite-beyond that my eyes glaze over).

14. Andrea

Hey Boston, my friend,

Thanks so much for that research! I am truly laughing at “the world is flat!!!” HaaHaaaheeeehee!

And, your fridge magnets and flying a kite because boy can I relate to that….you must be as right-brain-dominant as me!

Well, they mentioned “decomp present” then it must have been in the trunk? But, they really used “goo”??? My goodness, talk about non-scientific! If all they had to say was “goo”…. well that’s just goofy as can be…!

Maybe the test results on the “goo” are not back yet…? Or, I bet ya’ the goo will be de-mystified as part of the 650 pages of discovery soon to be released.

Boy, this knife business is getting curiouser and curiouser!

( I just looked at the Hinky Meter Blog – it’s really wonderfully detailed….amazingly so! I’ll have to add it to my blogroll so I remember to visit. )

I do wish there were more hours in the day, don’t you?

hugs, Andrea

15. Boston
    Mar 3 2010

I know, it doesn’t sound too scientific. I went to The Hinky Meter and read the evidence listed. Everything with the exception of the letter “k” is known as Q1 and Q2 etc. is listed as evidence or found at the crime scene. If you go down to Q242 maybe you can read it better there. I cannot even be relied upon to type it correctly. I say that because I didn;t think it had been exposed to decomp.

These are the moment when I want to break out and listen to a good Southern Spiritual! OR ….I’d rather clean the bathroom or empty the dishwasher instead of try to understand or “research” the scientific indications/implications of “goo”.

Yes, I do wish there were more hours in the day-especially when a kitchen demo is going on upstairs!!!!!!!!!!!Will they please get it done! Presently it is snowing and the appliance guys truck has just broken down. I’m just gonna put on the muisc.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )