If this is not the most confounding story, I don’t know what is!
So many questions linger…. but this is what I believe now with regards to the George Anthony story:
- I believe that George did have the affair, and i believe the woman is for real,
- I believe that George knew he was lying when he said Caylee’s death was “an accident that snowballed”, or
- He was talking out of both sides of his mouth when he said it was an accident, because at the very same time, he was saying to the press that Caylee was still alive, while knowing that the child was deceased.
- I believe the timing of his statement is important. For instance, it was reported tonight that George made the accident statement about one month prior to the discovery of Caylee in the woods. I wonder how George described Caylees death after the body was discovered? Did he still refer to the death as an accident even after the whole world learned about the duct tape?
This is what I believe could be true with regards to Baez and the possible cover up of the payment and the payment arrangements:
- I believe there is something to this story, especially now that we learn tonight the state is questioning the indigence status altogether.
- I am confused by how Judge Strickland could have missed this. In a recent hearing, Strickland did have an in-camera hearing regarding Baez’s collection of payments to date, and ruled that nothing he saw was objectionable.
- However, the Judge cannot know what payments were promised to Baez down the road, after the case is over and done with. Perhaps ABC made a deal with Baez that they’d continue to fund the case, if after its conclusion, if Baez would agree to a deal with ABC? So, the $111,000 was like a down payment for services down the road?
- I could believe, if it were proven, that perhaps Hornsby is right and the money is really a problem for Baez.
- And finally, I could believe that Andrea Lyons did advise Baez to file for indigent status, to help defray the costs, not realizing that it would throw a monkey wrench into the monkey’s already deviant plans?
Regardless of the truth here, it is an intriguing set of circumstances; and could reveal serious problems for Baez, if Hornsby is correct.
We will have to see how this unfolds.
What a zoo.
It is difficult to know what to make of the stories flying hither and yon in the Casey Anthony saga.
The newest allegation? Well, brace yourself: Could the George Anthony story be some kind of ruse to keep people’s attention off of the money trail / gravy train? Well, hmmm. I haven’t got a clue, but it seems Attorney Richard Hornsby and reporter Rozzi Franco do, and they are very clear in their distrust.
So, the elephant in this room, according to Attorney Richard Hornsby and reporter Rozzi Franco on a recent interview with Steph Watts of Blogger News Network, is the $111,000.00 paid to date by Casey Anthony.
Where did that money come from, they ask. Could the money paid for Casey’s defense to date been money from the ABC Network, asks Hornsby?
Hornsby and Franco go so far as to allude to the George Anthony story being a ruse to deflect attention from this Thursday’s Indigency hearing. They claim that WFTV “may” have gotten exclusivity on the George Anthony story to deflect attention from the upcoming hearing. They point out that WFTV, being an ABC affiliate, “could” be in on it, as it would look bad for ABC if they were the source of the money to Casey.
You will have to listen to the additional allegations – I don’t want to repeat them here as they are not substantiated as facts, in my view, they are musings and “what ifs”, but they are very interesting nonetheless. However, please listen to the interview as I’d like to know what you think.
So, back to the George Anthony story. River Cruz claims that George told her that “Caylee’s death was an accident that snowballed out of control.” And now, this story has snowballed and is getting bigger and bigger – Orlando Sentinel is carrying it, WESH is carrying it, and of course WFTV broke the story.
If you listened to Attorney Richard Hornsby and Rozzi Franco’s interview posted here, you’ll hear that Hornsby and Franco are both very blunt in their assessments. And to add a bit of oil to this fire, reporter Rob Kealing reports, in an interview with Brad Conway, that George never made any such statement:
“I was first approached about this story by the National Enquirer. That should tell you something about the people’s motives,” Conway said.
Conway denied George Anthony ever made that statement. He said the motives of Cruz, and her sister, Skye Benhaida, are questionable.”The sheriff’s office is doing an investigation. They’re thorough. They’re serious about this, and they’re going to interview and take statements from anybody that has information relevant to the death of Caylee Anthony,” Conway said. “What I can tell you is that George Anthony did not make that statement.”
There is much more to this story than meets the eye. I hope you will listen to the interview that is posted here and let us know what you think.
I am at the point that I don’t know what to believe. But, I do think that there is something rotten here; something sure smells with regards to the $111,000 paid out to date from Casey Anthony. And yet, I do remember that Judge Strickland was privy to the funds allocated thus far for Casey’s defense. Therefore, if the money has already been deemed “legit” by Judge Strickland, are we not all making a mountain out of a proverbial molehill?
One just never knows when it comes to this case!