Postscript: The cover up and the Girlfriend…..
If this is not the most confounding story, I don’t know what is!
So many questions linger…. but this is what I believe now with regards to the George Anthony story:
- I believe that George did have the affair, and i believe the woman is for real,
- I believe that George knew he was lying when he said Caylee’s death was “an accident that snowballed”, or
- He was talking out of both sides of his mouth when he said it was an accident, because at the very same time, he was saying to the press that Caylee was still alive, while knowing that the child was deceased.
- I believe the timing of his statement is important. For instance, it was reported tonight that George made the accident statement about one month prior to the discovery of Caylee in the woods. I wonder how George described Caylees death after the body was discovered? Did he still refer to the death as an accident even after the whole world learned about the duct tape?
This is what I believe could be true with regards to Baez and the possible cover up of the payment and the payment arrangements:
- I believe there is something to this story, especially now that we learn tonight the state is questioning the indigence status altogether.
- I am confused by how Judge Strickland could have missed this. In a recent hearing, Strickland did have an in-camera hearing regarding Baez’s collection of payments to date, and ruled that nothing he saw was objectionable.
- However, the Judge cannot know what payments were promised to Baez down the road, after the case is over and done with. Perhaps ABC made a deal with Baez that they’d continue to fund the case, if after its conclusion, if Baez would agree to a deal with ABC? So, the $111,000 was like a down payment for services down the road?
- I could believe, if it were proven, that perhaps Hornsby is right and the money is really a problem for Baez.
- And finally, I could believe that Andrea Lyons did advise Baez to file for indigent status, to help defray the costs, not realizing that it would throw a monkey wrench into the monkey’s already deviant plans?
Regardless of the truth here, it is an intriguing set of circumstances; and could reveal serious problems for Baez, if Hornsby is correct.
We will have to see how this unfolds.
What a zoo.