March 18, 2010

where’s the money honey?

Well, it was a very interesting day all around in the Casey Anthony saga. Richard Hornsby is probably saying right now: ha ha ha, I told you so!

Where’s the money, honey?

We’ve learned, as Hornsby told us earlier, about the ABC involvement in the money trail.

However, Judge Strickland and the Justice Administrative Commission (JAC) who intervene in cases of indigency, among other things, need more information from Casey and Company about the funds that have been paid to date.

Before a person can be deemed indigent, specific financial facts must be known.  In particular, the JAC would like to know how Casey Anthony has managed to pay her dream team up to this point.  And, lest you have a need to cry, go ahead now and get yourself a tissue whilst I tune my violin because this part of the story needs boo hoo violins playing as you read on.

Ready?

Okay.

ABC donated to the Casey cause with $200,000 for licensing agreement(s) for pictures of Caylee.  (If Richard Hornsby were writing this, he might tell us to just wait and let this all play out…. it very well could be the $200,000 was a down payment and the big buckaroos are coming down the line.)

Now, we’re all just speculating here, but something smells funny about this money, honey.

So, Missy Fancy Pants Anthony (who by the way has slimmed down a bit), and Ring Master Baez (who now is trumped by a Perry Mason personage named Cheney Mason, Esq., star of Orlando law circles), Baez nows claim they had in their bloody coffers not $112, 000 as originally reported, it was more like $275,000!!  (Here’s where the violin really plays the sad serenade.)

Poor Todd (ne’er do well) Macaluso gave the defense $70,000, so he paid Casey to work for her.)

Oh but poor Toddy, he’s in bad stead as a lawyer in California; here’s what the Orlando Sentinel has reported today in a very thorough report that is very much worth the read:

Macaluso entered an alternative-discipline program after being accused of “moral turpitude, dishonesty or corruption” in handling several trust accounts.

So, let’s tally up the bill so far, shall we?  ABC: $200 K, Todd M: $70 K, and I nearly forgot, there was $5,000 from an anonymous source.

That’s $275,000.

And it’s all gone because (violins again) the dern state had to go change the rules and add the death penalty.

The Indigence Status

We will not know the outcome of the indigency status right away.

Most of the experts say that Casey will be granted indigency status.

Hello Perry Mason

A new lawyer was introduced: Cheney Mason is his name and he’s apparently a hot shot and well respected defense attorney in the Orlando area.  This is a good opportunity for the defense now to put on a case, but, let’s hope our state heroes can bring their game every day.  This attorney is talented, and quite capable, or so say many in the Orlando law scene.

Mystery Evidence

We know what the “mystery evidence” is – the evidence  that the state did not want the defense to see right away.  As it happens, Casey Anthony has Jail house pen-pals who have turned over the hundreds of letters from Casey to Law Enforcement.  It has been reported by multiple sources that there are no “confessions” in the letters, but there are elements of the letters that the state wants to use.  We will have to wait until the details are revealed, but at least that mystery has been solved!

Smile You’re on Casey Camera, or Camera Casey!

I really am beyond weary of seeing the smirks and smiles from Casey Anthony in the courtroom.  You’d think she was a contestant on a game show the way she poses, fixes her blouse and smiles!

Okay, to be honest here, I’d be happier if she wore a bag over her head…

But that’s just me.

1. Boston
    Mar 19 2010

Andrea-Imagine going into court without documentation relative to indigency? These are lawyers who represent Ms Anthony and have spent her money -a good part of it on one lawyer in the pack who doesn;t work pro bono, another lawyer who paid 70K and probably walked away with his “donation” and still another who “donated” funds that provided her with funds to travel and appear in court.
    It all sounds so dirty to me. They reached into the grave and made the victim pay- not only with her life but with the video and pictures depicting her last day on earth. What a gutless thing to do.

The money trail is unbelievable but I was not surprised to hear that Mr Baez in August of 2008 went to NYC to broker a book deal-FOR HIMSELF. We all discussed this many times in the past on neicey456 and itsamysteryto me.

It was reported in August of 2008 that Mr Baez left Florida for NYC and that is when Cindy and George made their last visit to the Orlando Jail .He must have known then that the money till would run dry and he would be working for nothing after that.

Pretrial costing 275K and only a “stranger” theory to go on since July 16, 2008 is hardly money well spent.

Mr Mason wants to end his career defending yet another psychopath. She deserves the very best and then at the end of the day she will face 12 good men and woman of Florida. It will never matter where the money came from on that day.

• Andrea

Hey Boston,

Yup, it sure sounds dirty to me, too, how in the world could anyone profit from the death of their own child knowing they were the cause of the death????

Sheesh, it’s beyond comprehension, but she has every right to do so, legally, but it just stinks to high heaven. It stinks more that ABC would even stoop so low as to give the murderer any money

I am curious about this, though. What if hypothetically, someone was wrongly accused of killing their own child, and they were destitute, would it be wrong of them to sell the rights to their child’s image? Well, my answer would be, yes, I would not do it if I were sitting in jail awaiting trial. The ethics of it just reeks.

Oh yeah…I forgot about the Baez book snooping! Although he denies it, it’s pretty much a done deal that he’ll shop around some kind of deal. I just hope that every member of the public grows so weary of him that the sight of a book by him creates immediate indigestion!

And, I remember that last visit with Casey – that was a sorry sight – I remember how they tried to get Casey to talk to Dominic….and they seemed to want Casey to consider another lawyer at the time. G and C were more sympathetic then; I did feel sorry for them, but also thought they were so weak and allowed Casey to control it all….

Anyway…. I love love love your last statement here, Boston.

“She deserves the very best and then at the end of the day she will face 12 good men and woman of Florida. It will never matter where the money came from on that day.”

So true, so true…..

Big Hugs!
      Andrea

2. Molly
    Mar 19 2010

Andrea – I vote for the bag too! I can’t even stand looking at her anymore.

Boston – I agree that baez has some future “arrangement” all set up for himself.

Here too is an interesting article showing some goings on with foundations & how money can flow free thru them. speculation that the “anonymous” donor is the Never Lose Hope Foundation.

• Andrea
      Mar 19 2010

Hi Molly!!!! it’s so nice to hear from you!

LOL..you vote for the bag for the hag, too? I tell you what, when I was watching the hearing, I was wondering how long it would take Casey to look really old and beaten down by the system she’s caught up in. I wonder if she’s resigned herself to a life behind bars? I really don’t think she’s thinking about that… I think she sees her self as a star, she’s in a dream world of denial that’s all about Casey… what a sick dream….

Ohhhh, I bet you’re right about the Never Lose Hope Foundation…. If my memory is correct, they were the nefarious husband and wife team that G and C took a liking to. I need to refresh my memory on that one….I’ll check it out… Thanks so much Molly!

3. Jon
    Mar 19 2010

Hi. What did I say yesterday on the Butterfly Effect blog? Fixing her hair, smirking, etc. All reminds me of Pamela Smart and her antics; demeanor. Casey thinks of herself as the star of this whole thing; when she thinks it’s necessary to shed some tears she tries to cry, but the rest of the time she’s the one getting the attention. it’s all about her and she’s eating it up in my opinion. I don’t think after all the money she’s had expended on this they should be allowed state funds. the defense are the ones who have dragged this out as long as they have and if they have to operate pro bono now, well those are the breaks.

At this point I wish they’d think about letting her out for one night on the town, provided it was with Joran Vander Sloot!

4. Boston
    Mar 19 2010

You mean Joran vanderSlut. They would make a nice couple. Two psychopaths looking for love in all the wrong places and suddenly finding each other and their bliss.

Just imagine the heartfelt joy and admiration they would have for one another-the joy of killing and the endless pillow talk about how they conned the world and those that loved them the most.

Over tea and at their leisure they could play the Manipulation Game with one another to pass those lazy afternoons. Later, while eating a lazy, late-night dinner in some upscale bistro they could wax nostalgic about how life’s meaning and purpose is possible without a soul.

5. Jon
    Mar 19 2010

Actually I was thinking maybe he could take her on a boat trip! Then he could go back to the dock and pick up Misty Croslin and take her out to sea.

6. Boston
    Mar 19 2010

Jon-Just throw one in the swamp and let the “inordinately large insects” pick at her bones and then go back and get Misty and just throw her in a retention pond.

I’ll forget the leisurely afternoons and the lazy dinners. What was I thinking!!

• Andrea

you guys crack me up… 🙂

7. weezie
    Mar 19 2010

You guys should see the shambles that WILL is making over at Dave’s place. Good grief, do we ever get a break here? On second thought can you put Will in that boat too?

• Andrea
      Mar 19 2010

I’ll have to go investigate! I am not familiar with Will… I sure don’t want to give him any ideas about coming here…. yikes, that’s all we need!!!!

8. weezie
    Mar 19 2010

yes it’s hopping. go take a peak. I’m off to bed it’s too tiring when someone like that comes a knocking. I got caught up in it too. In other words, I scolded the child but he didn’t bite, only when someone called him a cross dresser. rolmbo.

nighty nite.

• Andrea
      Mar 19 2010

Maybe I was looking in the wrong area of Dave’s blog, but I didn’t see Will’s comments…. Thanks for advising me of him though, I’ll keep my eye out – don’t want any meanies coming here!

It’s really wonderful that Dave gets right in there in the thick of things and that he could attend the hearing!!! If the trial gets moved to my neck of the woods (South Florida) I’ll be there, with bells on!!!!

Nite Weezie! Sweet dreams….:)

9. weezie
    Mar 19 2010

Judge grants Casey’s indigence status: that’s where you will find his posts. nn

10. Kitt
    Mar 19 2010

Andrea, you’re a superb violinist! I never knew! I sobbed thru the whole performance, it was so hauntingly beautiful!

Seriously, I love your site. I love how you write. (psst…did I just hear Sue Moss?)

Hey Boston and Jon…I think you two are on to something; VanderSloot, Casey, Misty.

Weezie, I’m a fairly new “lurker” over at Dave’s place, and did see the postings of Will. Whazzup with that guy? Is he a regular? My first impressions of him is that he’s seeking attention.

So many reports to read all over the place, and I get overwhelmed and tired. So thank you again, Andrea, for your writings. I can come here and get the scoop from you. Ty!

• Andrea OConnell
      Mar 20 2010

LOL!! Why thank you Kitt! I’m putting my violin to bed now zzzzz!

I read just a bit of Will, too & had difficulty figuring out what he was getting at, though i didnt read it all (fell asleep!) every one seemed very kind to him though…. Nite all ….zzzzzz! (((( Kitt ))))

Sent from my iPod

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )