March 21, 2010

Mix together the ABC’s of Justice with Mr. Mason and whataya’ got…?

….ya’ got a justice system that will work in Orlando, but there are a few caveats, of course.

No OJ style justice – No Way Jose (Baez)

Our system of justice is the best in the world, despite anomalies like the OJ Simpson trial, it is the greatest system on earth, in my opinion.

Although the Casey Anthony case may be maddening, we must remember that it will not be a sham or a mockery of justice unless she has an inadequate defense, or if she has a defense that can “buy” an acquittal, such as what happened in OJ’s case.

I don’t think it will happen here, especially now that ABC has been found out.

If ABC, with all their millions, or any other network, tries to “buy” an outcome to this case, it won’t get far now as entities like the Society of Professional Journalism are on to them.

ABC…my oh my

It is being wildly reported that ABC stepped into molasses here and the sticky residue left behind may attract Ants (as in Anthony’s!!!) but if ethical journalists have their say in this, watch out for a good dose of RAID!

The following was recently reported by AOL News:

“Ethically, ABC is on very shaky ground,” Fred Brown, vice chair of the ethics committee at the Society of Professional Journalists, told AOL News. “It’s essentially paying for news, and any time you do that, you taint the news.”

There is justice and then there is OJ-style justice.

However, we will not have OJ justice, or worse, inadequate counsel (cause for appeal), because Casey was 1) Declared indigent, and 2) Now has Cheney Mason on board.

Most importantly, we will not have Johnny Cochran style poetry in Judge Stan Strickland’s courtroom, i.e. “doesn’t fit…..acquit”.  I cannot see this type of brain-washing lyric being sung in Orlando.

Now, this is simply my opinion, so for those of you who are outraged that Casey is getting public funds, stop reading now because you may not like what I have to say here.

Indigent Status Approved

As we all know now, Judge Stan Strickland, as a result of reviewing Casey Anthony’s request for indigent status, and upon seeing her financial facts, has concluded she is indeed indigent.  This means that she has no ability at the present moment to pay the costs of her defense.

A Fair Ruling

Why I believe this ruling is a fair one is simply this: If the Judge had denied this motion, he would essentially be lowering Casey’s coffin by not allowing her the opportunity to properly defend herself.

Even though it sticks in our collective craws, Casey Anthony is innocent until proven guilty by the court, or by a jury of her peers.  The gist of a defendants rights are simply, to ensure the prosecution can prove a defendant’s guilt beyond all reasonable doubt.

Innocent?????

Now, like you, I hate it when I hear her lawyers tout and throw around “innocence” with regards to Casey because we all know she had to have committed the crime, there is no way to think otherwise, having read all the discovery to date.  It would sit better with me to hear her lawyers simply say, we will prove she is “not guilty.”  To which I say, good luck” to them.

As a result of Anthony’s indigent status, every last penny that is spent on her case will have to be accounted for, and will (I believe) become public record.  As a member of the public, I do not mind paying for justice, what I do mind paying for is injustice, and that is what we would have if Casey did not have state support.

All Defendants are Worthy of Fine Counsel

As for Cheney Mason, I am pleased that she will have counsel that will ensure the state proves its case.

Mason is a good lawyer, but even he cannot erase the 31 days that elapsed before anyone know Caylee had been missing (deceased).  He cannot erase the fact she lied, on day one, about her job, her whereabouts, a Nanny, and on and on.

Casey lied about everything under the sun.  Not even Mason can erase those facts.

Mason must deal with the fact that Cindy and George Anthony smelled death in Casey’s car, the car that Anthony Lazzarro saw abandoned at Amscot and later towed to its final destination. There’s both a witness and a paper trail documenting those facts. There are additional pieces of evidence that cannot be erased, no matter who defends Casey, these and other facts are clear.

Mason is, by all accounts, a fine attorney.  Casey Anthony must have a good attorney on her side to deliver justice the right way, as the law intended: she deserves an equal playing ground, and she will get it, apparently.

But, remember, Cheney Mason cannot change the facts in this case. And that’s where he is going to be in trouble.

And, you may find it interesting to note that Mr. Mason was not always of the opinion that Ms. Anthony was deserving of the benefit of doubt.

The following was published on December 12, 2008, by reporter Tony Pipitone of ClickOrlando, Local 6 News.  In the following excerpt, Pipitone was discussing with both Cheney Mason and with former prosecutor Elizabeth Rahter, what the impact of finding Caylee’s body would have on the case.

As you will see, Mr. Mason has had a change of heart:

Defense attorney Cheney Mason said claims made by Casey Anthony and Baez that Caylee was alive will now work against them at trial.

“Then all the talking, all the press interviews and the parents going on this show and that show and the lawyer going on different shows establishes they have no credibility whatsoever,” Mason said.

The testing of the remains could be the key to the case.

“The most important thing is how did she die?” Mason said. “It could have been an accidental death — and we’ve talked before — an improper disposal, it could have been a brutal homicide. We don’t know, and until the medical examiner is finished and renders a report, no one is going to know.”

Rahter said an accidental death would be hard to believe.

“What would a reasonable person do in the case of an accident? Call 911 or call your parents or call a close friend. Do you go borrow a shovel from a neighbor, probably not?” Rahter said.

Rahter said an insanity defense would be even more difficult to prove.

“It’s really difficult to be not criminally responsible. You have to prove they know right from wrong and they understand the consequences of their actions. Obviously, Casey understood the consequences of her actions because she worked really hard to cover it up,” Rahter said.

If the case plays out how many think, the experts agree on what will likely happen.

“You can pretty well predict there’s going to be a life sentence, either a plea and get it over with or have a circus trial and then be convicted and get life,” Mason said.

“Yeah,” Rahter said.

Mason is strong, but he simply cannot be stronger than the evidence before the court.

So, although I know there is great outrage over Casey Anthony receiving  indigent status, and I have some outrage, too, it’s more about justice and the fact that the monies she received from ABC were both ill-begot, and wasted on Jose Baez who, up to this point, appeared to be doing her more harm than good.

And believe me, if Baez continued his one man show, Orlando would soon see a mistrial and Anthony circus number two would be coming to town.

Heaven forbid.

1. auntdeedee
    Mar 21 2010

What I am wondering is if the judge will see the unnessesary expense of having two DP qualified attorneys on the defense team. For the sake of the taxpayers of Florida there may be an attorney by the name of Lyon stepping down.

As for what ABC did, that stinks and it could have compromised the outcome of the trial. I’m glad they’ve been outed and that journalists aren’t standing for it. Makes you wonder what oher news has been bought.

I also noticed that the story of The George Affair did not override the indigency hearing and the ABC contribution to the defense fund. I thought it was rather silly to think it could in the first place.

Hello my friend

That’s a very, very good question – however, I am fairly certain that the judge cannot tell Casey what lawyers she can or cannot hire or have. But, you would think there would be limits to how many lawyers the taxpayers will have to pay for. I mean, it could get really crazy!

When you get right down to it, though, this is costing the state of Fla so much money! Now it’s paying for both the prosecution and the defense….

Cases tried by public defenders don’t wrack up these expensive witnesses, I don’t think. Casey is really lucky in that sense. And, it’s very unfair to Jane Doe who will never get such expensive counsel, ya know?

But, then again, this case is not like any other, that’s for sure. I believe, for the sake of balance, depending on how many lawyers the state has, the defense (I believe) would be entitled to just as many.

on another note, I am really anxious to find out the truth in the George Affair…. I hope we get news tomorrow!

• auntdeedee
        Mar 21 2010

I guess you’re right, it wouldn’t be fair to Casey to tell her how many lawyers she can have especially since its a DP case now. The same goes with any defendant but they probably won’t see the likes of Mason and Lyon on their team. Nevertheless, with the two DP lawyers there will be scrutiny so that there’s no expenses paid for the same thing done by both of them.

Yes, there better be something to The George Affair! J/K! I hope the truth comes out soon because folks are calling River a scam artist. You know I believe if she was trying to scam the Anthonys she would have done it alot sooner. According to her Tweets, she changed her name and moved because she was escaping an abusive husband. Now her name is revealed and she’s a bit scared for her life now-her ex may know who and where she is.

Mar 21 2010

I tell you what, I am really looking forward to finding out what the truth with this story, too. And I read what you posted – that letter from the person (I can’t remember his name now) who said he’s aware of the details, and the sisters are not lying… you know which post I’m referring to? Shoot, I can’t remember the guys name now…Harrington?

Anyway, I also read that about escaping the abusive husband and that is just so awful… I hope she is careful and we don’t have yet another tragedy.

I agree with you, if they were intent upon scamming anyone, they sure as heck would have acted sooner than this!

🙂 we’ll get this one straight if it’s the last thing we do! Between the both of us we’ll get to the bottom of it! 😉

2. auntdeedee
    Mar 21 2010

Something I was thinking about-ABC paid for exclusive rights to photos and videos of Caylee to casey Anthony herself. What she did with it was her business. So, there was no unethical dealings going on. All the medias do this. Now, if they directly deposited it into a defense fund for Casey and got nothing but a story/future story then there’d be a problem. What do you all think?

Hi Aunt Dee Dee,

Well, I think that, in truth, the constitution allows for such things as this… So, even though it may not be unlawful, it does seem (to me) to be unethical as far as journalism goes.

It’s the same principal as witnesses getting paid by the tabloids before they testify at a trial….

It just “taints” the picture.

It’s not an easy subject…. but, then again, what is easy about this case?!!! LOL!

3. auntdeedee
    Mar 21 2010

It does seem like a hefty amount to pay although Caylee was a priceless child and photogenic.

I was just at your other post which discusses a possible money deal that Baez could be paid after the trial. Now that is unethical.

Mar 21 2010

oh yeah, totally unethical. Richard Hornsby has a theory that ABC was going to pay Baez a whole lot more after the case was over – book and movie deal. However, Hornsby made it perfectly clear that he doesn’t have proof-positive about it…but it sure sounds full of intrigue.

I posted the radio interview couple of days ago… it’s a good one, if you haven’t yet heard it.

4. Andrea
    Mar 21 2010

Dee!!! I just hit 10,000 hits on my blog! I cannot believe it! I am so excited…LOL!

5. auntdeedee

What’s the prize and who’s the winner? Yippee!!! 😀

Gee, all I look at are how many spam comments I’ve had…

The man’s name is James Flannigan. I’m glad he tried to set the record straight about River.

Ok, on River’s tweets about the name change, I think I got confused again! AARGH! It was Skye with the abusive husband. I’ve got too many windows opened with stories on this and can’t keep it straight. I need Flannigan’s help, lol. I also need to have my home office back-its a mess from DIY remodeling. I’m trying to wait til the last minute to move my comp so I’m surrounded by a big mess. What fun. Concentration is off… 😮

• auntdeedee
      Mar 21 2010

Forgot to say Congratulations!

Mar 21 2010

LOL! Thanks… I always thought my little blog would be just that – little…I never imagined that there would be so many people looking at it…. I still feel like a newbie here, and so I feel kinda proud, I guess!

Mar 21 2010

I think it was you, Dee! I noticed it when I was replying to your post…Yay! You just won a new car! hahahahaha.

Oh, I get lots of those spammers, too, but my spam-o-matic machine catches most of them…. I’d like to see what it catches, but it only sometimes lets me see. Once weezie’s post got caught there….thank goodness I was able to rescue her. 😉

Anyway, YES! James Flannigan…LOL! Not Harrington… yes, he had interesting things to say.

Well, I cannot keep River and Skye straight… and I don’t even try! Isn’t that silly, I have a mental block about who is who…. Anyway, I’m just dying to know….

Yuck, good luck getting your place back in order…but, I bet it will be lovely once it’s done….

Oh, and I think there will be more discovery coming out tomorrow….Yay!

6. Boston

Congrat! Andrea

Your article clearly states in unambiguous terms, the status of this case and how now, OJ justice or the horror of a second trial is eliminated. Mr Mason will fight like a bulldog for Ms anthony and she will have a fair trial before an impartial jury. He cannot rewind to an earlier time but he can move forward without the hint of “dirty money”.

I think there is an obvious reason why Mr Mason stood in and made himself available to Ms Anthony-he believes in our system of justice and no matter what a defendant is accused of, they are deserving of a defense and a strong advocate who believes her life is worth saving.

Mr Baez deserved to get paid but he had an ethical duty to structure his retainer fee in a way that did not compromise his clients’ ability to appeal for mercy should she be convicted.

He was inexperienced and unprepared to handle this case but he made sure he was paid no matter how ineffective he was. He will rue the day he accepted money from that murdered victim. He should be ashamed of himself.

Boston!!!!

I was just going to say to Aunt Dee Dee…where’s Boston??? we need her to weigh in here! and sure as shootin’ there you are like clockwork!

Oh you are right on the money, my friend – You hit it again, as usual! YES, I bet you’re right that Mr. Mason saw the debacle and wanted to step in before too much harm was done to the system by this case. I surely am not an expert in the law, but I know about precedence setting and if things get skewed in Orlando, it could upset the apple cart for other cases down the road.

I did, think Mason was just a wee bit cocky, but I guess he’s earned the right to be!

I am glad you see what I am trying to say – that even though this case is a travesty in itself, the trial should not be, and Casey (as much as we hate to admit it) MUST get a fair trial….

7. Molly
    Mar 21 2010

the story about a 700,00 deal after the trial was talked about way back at the beginning of all of this & still persists. I would not be surprised if it’s true.

the real problem with this hefty $200,00 payment for pics/videos is according to other media it’s way over the “norm” for just pics. another words, why so much? remember casey was NOT charged with murder yet. she did not use one dime of that money to try and find her “missing” or” kidnapped” daughter. why not? seems they were saving that money for her murder trial that they somehow knew was forthcoming. both her & her lawyer knew would be coming. . . .

also, who was paid by all of the other news media outlets for pics/videos of caylee? there is also cbs,nbc,fox. who got that money & where is it? shouldn’t casey have gotten that also?

hey Molly!

Yes, you’re right… there has to be truth there because Baez is too shrewd of a wheeler dealer (it seems to me) to not get what he feels is his fair share of the profits.

I wonder if there was any money from those other networks, too…. you know, now that you mention it, do you think the Anthony’s were the beneficiaries of any of the money and gave it all to casey’s defense?

Yeah, it really is way over the norm, so much so that it really does smell…. and that’s true… Casey was not even charged yet (though the writing was on the wall), the networks were seeing the chance at a windfall, I think, at the very beginning.

it’s awful how money can corrupt people, and horrible – so horrible that it’s done at the expense of dear little Caylee….. ohhhh it is just sickening……..

• auntdeedee
      Mar 22 2010

Hi, Molly!

The $200,000 paid by ABC was for exclusive rights to all the pictures and videos of Caylee. They, in turn, sell to the other medias. Like Marinade Dave said, they took a gamble that this case would be a hot story and were hoping to turn a good profit in selling them to others.

Since Baez’ daughter was the one calling all the medias about this story in the beginning, there may have been a few pics being sold to idividual media corps for initial funds to retain Baez (though he was retained before any monies came in). Just my speculation on this, though.

8. Ideas
    Mar 21 2010

I think Lyon may step down because the case itself has proved itself so far from “innocent.” Things are looking sillier and sillier. What was media-flashing is now drawn out until 2011. It will lose some of its sparkle and fizz and all hands will get grubbier and grubbier. Time is money lost especially for lawyers probono.

Now, Mason can face the facts of this case and probably gets his kicks out of fighting the obvious.

Hey Ideas,

Yeah, you have some good points there. If Lyons thinks it’s a foregone conclusion, perhaps she’ll exit and not come back until the DP part of the case – to save her life.

Aunt Dee Dee thinks so, too…. I was not totally convinced that would be a possibility, but now that you mention the “innocence” piece, it makes sense…she’s all about innocence and saving lives. And, as Dee pointed out, it’s a bit much to have TWO DP qualified lawyers fighting the case because even if if’s just “costs” they are quite expensive costs for the state to deal with.

And man, you’re right – time is money, and when lawyers bill by the hour, and if you figure time until 2011, or beyond, yeah, that’s a heck of a lot of $$$ down the proverbial toilet.

I can’t imagine any lawyer would want to throw their time away. Now, Mason, on the other hand, i agree with you there….he’ll have a fine time…just like he said in his closing shots the other day, remember? Some reporter said, “so why the Casey Anthony case?” And he said “it’s fun” Sheesh! Fun???? Uh, well, okay.

9. Molly
    Mar 21 2010

andrea – hahahha, but baez doesnt even bill by the hour, he said under oath he didn’t keep track! I think lawyers are supposed to keep track, legally. otherwise they can just make something up – need i say more.

i think baez wants to sit at that table with a hoard of big guns, high profile lawyers loaded by his sides like a six-shooter! lol! he thinks it will look impressive & intimidating to the jury. but that won’t change a thing. 🙂

I think lyons will back off a bit now because she will not be paid for travel anymore, so mason can take over for now. maybe she’ll show up when things get rolling at trial.

If cindy & george gave her any money, it would have to show up somewhere. it was not in that account, unless they are the “anonymous” donor. NOT! I don’t think they gave any money for her defense.
    and notice, casey does not even look at them in court, yet they claim how bad they want to see each other in person (of course with no video recording)! I think casey could care less about seeing them.

Mar 22 2010

LOL! You’re right, Molly. All the bluster in the world – “the sound and the fury will signify nothing” with regards to him Casey left so much of her self all over the place – she did such a good job to make sure all roads lead back to her.

Yes, probably Lyons will have to take a back seat …. but what about Baden? She doesn’t seem to “do” anything – she just seems to hang around!

and , you are most likely right that the Anthony’s probably could not give any money to the defense…. they are on shaky ground, needless to say, financially…..

10. Boston
    Mar 22 2010

I doubt very much if Ms Lyon will be the lead in the penalty phase. She never impressed me and if she was behind the Motions submitted thus far, she better not blame the 14 “legal scholars” at her beck and call.

Mr Baez will find himself rehabilitating his own reputation during the trial and long after the verdict. When he takes a refresher course in Legal Ethics maybe he will know how to negotiate his retainer and be able to estimate the billable hours a capital case entails.

Did he tell her to tell him the whole truth and nothing but the truth or did he just say, SHOW ME THE MONEY?

He may have money in the bank but he is morally and ethically bankrupt.

11. glen
    Mar 22 2010

Hopefully, the bar will look into mr. bozo’s ethics , and never allow him to practice again…

Mar 22 2010

Hey Glen, you are so right, and I hope you’re right! His ethics do seem questionable, don’t they? But, he does have to try the case according to Casey’s wishes. However, the flip side of that coin is the fact that the criminal defense attorney’s i have talked to in florida all say they would have dropped casey like a hot iron. Baez is only out for the money fame, but little does he know, he’s infamously ineffective in the eyes of everyone now…. Boy, he must be a stubborn guy!

12. Boston
    Mar 22 2010

Glen-Maybe Mr Baez never really knew why he became a lawyer. He could not do what he asked his client to do-keep quiet. She does it so well. But then again, it’s always what she does when she’s not talking that is so revealing.

13. Jon
    Mar 22 2010

HI. I watched some of this Friday. I’m really appalled at Casey’s attitude in the court room. Do you think she has any idea of the severity of all of this? She sits there and grins at her attorneys and seems to be (of course) enjoying being the center of attention. Where are those tears she was shedding a couple of weeks ago when she admitted to being a felon?

Mar 22 2010

Oh I know, Jon… it’s amazing how she seems to be just posing the whole time. But, no matter how much she attempts to pose, the pictures of her – some of the still shots just catch her so many times with the most evil and mean look on her face. it’s difficult to look at her… it gives me the creeps.

14. Boston
    Mar 22 2010

Jon-I will quote from Robert D. Hare’s book, Without Conscience. I hope this will help us both to understand who she is and how she cannot connect. I hope it helps in answering your thoughtful question-a question I might add, that I have asked repeatedly for the past 19 months.
    The following is not meant to upset you but simply to inform.

Many of the characteristics displayed by psychopaths-especially their egocentricity, lack of remorse, shallow emotions, and deceitfulness-are closely associated with a profound lack of empathy (an inability to construct a mental AND emotional “facsimile” of another person).

In some respects they are like the emotionless androids depicted in science fiction, unable to imagine what real humans experience. One rapist, high on the Psychopathy Checklist, commented that he found it hard to empathize with his victims. “They are frightened, right? But, you see, I don’t really understand it. I’ve been scared myself, and it wasn’t unpleasant.”

15. Boston
    Mar 22 2010

Glen-Mr Baez wanted the celebrity and the name recognition and he got it. What he failed to realize was that this celebrity exposed his work product. The Florida Bar if they do anything should recommend that he do additional course work to improve his criminal procedure skills. I do not believe for a moment that anyone charged with a serious crime will call upon him to advocate for them if he does not have the work product that proves he knows what he is doing.

He reached into the grave and structured his retainer fee and although he couldn;t account for his billable hours he cut checks for himself amounting to close to 89K. And all he had as a defense when the child was “missing” was a make believe babysitter. When the child was found, he implicated the Good Samaritan. Do I hear Casey saying, “What a waste”?

If he wants to handle capital cases he will have to sign on with the Public Defender’s Office with the understanding that he can learn cp and get it down to a science but at the end of the day it will always be the FIGHT that’s in you to stand up and fight like a monster to save your client from death row or from those who would “kill your client”.

16. jon
    Mar 23 2010

thanks Boston for the quote. I guess I’m pretty well aware of this aspect of things in general, but when you actually see it playing out it’s pretty upsetting. I watch her in the courtroom and think to myself “her baby is dead and she probaby did it and she’s acting like this”. It’s just so foreign to me that I can’t connect with it. I know she’s a sociopath but I guess until you actually seeing it in front of you, you’re not prepared for it. God, if I owe anyone money I lose sleep over it; I just can’t imagine being in her shoes and not hanging my head in shame let alone sitting there like she’s a movie star getting ready for a press conference.

I would think too, although I don’t know much about it, that now that’s she’s on the public’s “payroll” there would be big time pressure to make a plea deal and get this over with. Another year of this before the trial? Baez and company have got to know she’s guilty. I don’t imagine they’re giving her the best advice by not trying to get her to own up to it. Again, maybe it’s the sociopathic thing.

17. Boston
    Mar 23 2010

I find it difficult to imagine how it must be to live in a body that does not have feelings or the ability to feel for others. I always have to remind myself that they do not have the anxiety and depression that the rest of us might have over a traumatic life event like a death of a loved one or separating someone from their last dime. It’s just so hard to imagine why they were born without that little “inner voice” that helps us all to avoid pain and punishment.

Mr Mason wants to see her have a fair trial with an impartial jury and possibly in the back of his mind he was horrified at the way in which Ms Lyon and Mr Baez were mudding the waters.

I think there will be a lot of soul searching and a come to Jesus moment if ZFG wins her defamation lawsuit. When Mr Morgan proves to the court that ZFG’s name was used for no other reason than to identify someone as a child abductor/kidnapper in order to deflect blame and punishment as well as to obstruct the investigation, than I think Mr Mason will suggest to Ms Anthony taking a plea may be the only way to avoid the death chamber.

The longer she waits the harder it will be to appeal for mercy.

Mar 23 2010

It’s so surprising to me that the defamation trial will happen before the criminal trial….

I think the plea deal can only be offered by the state…now that the DP is on the table, and because the defense don’t seem to have a case, the state will not play the plea deal card.

This is like a game – if the defense were really winning here in terms of their ability to bring to the table some reasonable “reasonable-doubt” and if if looked to the state that Casey had a chance to walk, they would offer a plea. But, it’s too late now.

A Criminal defense attny. who I know and who tries DP and capital cases in Florida told me that as defense counsel, you need to look at everything the state has, and what your client tells you has happened and measure the risk of moving forward with a trial versus taking a plea. He said that nearly ALL cases are plead out. He told me that the trick for the defense is to try to get the state to agree to a plea before they put the DP on the case. He said once the state adds the DP, it’s not going to plea.

Now, nothing is (apparently) written in stone. But, the truth of the matter is each side really wants to win, and they will do all it takes to win in the adversarial system we have.

I wish I were a lawyer sometimes, don’t you? It’s so interesting…. I love it – love the twists and turns in this case, especially!

Big hugs…. 🙂

18. Boston
    Mar 23 2010

Forgive me for that gross error relative to when ZFG will go to trial. The above scenario would be plausible if in fact it is in July of 2010. But in fact the civil trial is scheduled for July of 2011.

19. Andrea
    Mar 23 2010

ohhhhh, I see. Well, then is it after the criminal trial?

20. Boston
    Mar 24 2010

Even if Casey goes to trial in May 2011 ZFG already knows Casey is indigent. There will be settlement. But then again, it was never about the money and always about her good name.

21. Boston
    Mar 24 2010

Andrea-I was talking to my sister and she thinks there is, in some jurisdictions, a victim’s accocunt and that perhaps she could recover a percentage of her winnings there. Then again, Casey may have insurance of some type that might pay. Perhaps if her parents deeded the house to her early on she would have had home insurance or some liability insurance. More than likely she has nothing.

Mar 24 2010

Hey Boston,
      Oh, that’s interesting….kind of like, what do you call it…I think it’s called restitution? I was hit by a drunk driver once (not hurt but my car was totaled) and the drunk driver had to pay me restitution… I remember that she was wanting to wrangle that house out from under her parents and have Amy Huizenga move in…. I would doubt if her parents could use their homeowners insurance since Casey is not under 18. But, heck…I don’t really know! LOL! But, I think you’re right, that it’s really not about the money, it’s about the “principle” and the fact that her name was tarnished – will forever be tarnished – as a result of this crime. I’ll check to see if florida has a victims fund…. I’m not sure. 🙂

And who knows, we’re tawkin ’bout Orlawndo after all!!!

22. Boston
    Mar 25 2010

Yes, we are-it’s Orlawndo the home of the free and lyrical, where a circus doesn’t even need an invitation and the clowns volunteer. What a country!

Mar 25 2010

hahahaha good one!

23. Evan Dusett
    May 25 2010

I love the site layout

24. Ellen Wilkie
    Jun 6 2010

This is sure as shooting a superb bit of info, I presently have conducted quite an a chunk of surfing throughout your blog, and shortly said, I’m impressed. I’ve been blogging for a long time, but can’t compare my progress to yours.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )