April 23, 2010

More documents today but an oddly quiet day

It has been a quiet day in the Casey Anthony case, though it surely was a loud week!

The Honorable Judge Perry reveals his management style

I am pleased that Judge Perry has scheduled a status hearing for April 30th, at 9:30 a.m.  And oh my, won’t it be interesting?!

I can hardly wait to see the tip toe-ing and the pleasantries in that Orlando courtroom!

I was also very pleased to see the Honorable Judge Perry lay down the law with his recent edict regarding decorum in the courtroom.  It reads more like a course called “Courtroom Manners 101”.   And it even mentions no gum chewing!  No doubt the cameras will be focused on Cindy Anthony to see if she read the rules, too.

Here’s the link to the document – it’s priceless:  Judge Perry’s Orders.

Discovery released today

There were some 250 pages of discovery evidence released today in the case.  What was most striking was the “lack” of substantive FBI evidence against Casey, or so it seems at first glance.

The news sources are reporting that there was a great deal of testing as a result of a single hair found at the crime scene.  This particular strand of hair from a Caucasian was compared to the hair of several investigators, and others, and a match has thus far not been found.

Now, in the big scheme of things, this has little import, in my opinion.  My goodness, a single strand of hair could travel for miles and could be attributed to anyone!  I have no doubt that my hair is in the park that I take my dog to….If the defense tries to use a phantom piece of hair as proof or reasonable doubt….well, it would be plain silly.

It reminds me of the butterfly analogy: i.e. if a butterfly flaps its wings in Brazil will the tides change in Florida?  Conceivably, yes, but there have to be many more aspects aligning as well to make a substantive reaction – to make waves happen.

Phantom hair

Remember the OJ trial?  Well, today someone from WFTV asked my favorite attorney, Bill Sheaffer, if he thinks the defense could potentially use the phantom hair as proof that someone other than Casey could have been there to commit the crime.  Sort of like how Johnny Cochran used the nursery rhyme: “if it doesn’t fit, you must acquit.”

I thought, oh dear, it would be just like the defense to try to sing:  “If there’s no hair she wasn’t there?!!

Seriously, Bill Sheaffer put that question to rest when he told the WFTV interviewer that a phantom hair cannot compare (forgive the rhyming… I can’t help it now!) to what was used in the OJ trial.  The jurors clearly saw the glove as unable to fit OJ’s hand hence the rhyme.  So, I doubt they’ll be singing “Aint her hair – so there!”

Mr. Sheaffer pointed out the following with regards to mentioning a bloody glove and strand of mystery hair in the same breath:

There is so much other circumstantial evidence indicating that Casey Anthony killed her child. In the OJ case, there was not that quality or quantity of circumstantial evidence.

We’ve come a long way since OJ….there is not a chance under the Florida sky that OJ would get away scot-free today.

River or Sky? – I can’t keep them straight!

Also released with the evidence today was an interesting interview with “Sky” about her sister “River Cruz”.

I get terribly forgetful with these two ladies, I cannot seem to remember which is the river and which is the sky.

It was an accident

The gist of the interview revealed that the Anthony’s have allegedly repeated to both Sky and River that Caylee’s death “was an accident”.

I have to leave it at that for now – some nights I simply cannot revisit thoughts of that child’s death.  If you would care to read to read the interview, here is a link:  River Cruz’s Sister.

1. Hilde
    Apr 24 2010

Andrea~~ Your Comments “I simply cannot revisit thoughts of that child’s death. ” and “Some nights I would just like to forget the reality of this case, you know what I mean?”
    make perfect Sense to me and I understand completely. I feel the same way, especially when I see some of the Evidence which has been already released to the Public it makes me sad to think what Caylee must have went through before taking her last Breath.
    I always enjoy reading Your Blog, I just don’t feel like commenting too much lately. Sometimes I get irritated to read some of the Comments made on varies Blogs and when I get that Way I rather stay quiet before I say something I might later regret. I guess for the time being I just wait and see how all of this will play out. This Case is very sad and I just hope with All those Games which have been played by various People in the End Justice will prevail for Caylee’s Sake. In the Meantime Life goes on for the Rest of us and sometimes we have to take a Break from this crazy Case to see things clearly again and take that Energy we use on this Case and use it in a positive Way in our own Life and pay more Attention to our loved ones who need us too. At least that is how I feel!
    As always this is just my Opinion 😉

Apr 24 2010

Hi Hilde,
      I’m so glad you understand where I’m coming from…Boston, too….It’s easy to get weary of the sadness, the reality of it, that’s why I like to think about the case itself and the twists and turns in it. Like you, when I think of what Caylee’s last moments were… I can’t talk about that too much either.

I was not aware of the nasty comments by bloggers to some folks…. I guess because I work full-time, and have a pretty full life, I don’t have the time to get involved. But, I have been bullied, too, by nasty people and it hurts so much especially when you develop a friendship and care about the other person, that’s when it’s hard. Twice it’s happened to me. I won’t let it happen again so I avoid the bloggers if i see any kind of mean comments. I have this blog because I love to write and express myself. If ever there were non-constructive comments made to someone or about someone, I would delete them as fast as possible and ban whomever was responsible.

I have found the best way to deal with angry people is to ignore them completely. That’s the only way. Responding to them, or trying to reason is fruitless – that’s what they want, so had to learn the hard way to not try to play into their net.

Anyway, Hilde, I always, always enjoy your comments…. you’re a lot like me in how you feel, and I appreciate your kindness and generosity when you do visit here. I always smile when I see your Icon. 🙂

I will continue to write here and i hope you’ll visit…it’s okay if you don’t post….but it would be lovely to know you visit.

hugs my friend…..

2. Boston
    Apr 24 2010

Hilde and Andrea-I feel very much the way you both feel. For us it was always about the Murder investigation and what went on during pretrial. The friends that we made along the way are gone now and what passes for respectful discussion is nonexistent most days.

There is so much cyberbullying and hatefilled speech that it makes posting on WordPress a very dangerous experience. I am not quite sure about physical harm but I am sure more than one Blog writer has harmed many unsuspecting posters and has threatened to publish personal information and reportedly, a few unsuspecting posters have had their email addresses published. Doesn’t anyone listen to the news? Sarah Palin sued the young man who published her emails. The max for this Federal crime is 50 years. We know he won’t get that but he’s looking at several years behind bars and if the jurors like Ms Palin he’ll get a lot more.

We see Blogs being started simply to trash someone who trashed them. The cycle of hate goes round and round and on and on.

From a personal perspective I know that I do not fit in. I have worked tirelessly with a couple of Blog writers and I haven’t much to show for it but disappointment.

Thank you Andrea for always writing with a smile on your face or a song in your heart-I saw and heard both many times. I will return to posting about Fl v Anthony when the Blog wars are over.

Apr 24 2010

Oh Boston,
      I think you know how much I respect and admire your ability to express yourself with such eloquence and intelligence. The cyberbullying is sickening. I just posted to Hilde that I’ve been bullied in cyberspace, too. And, bullied at work, which is even worse. Our society is aggressive, our culture is aggressive, hence some people’s reactions at times are out of the range of how you’d expect decent people to respond. Once I get a hint of aggression, my antennae goes up and, for the sake of maintaining a peaceful and loving life, I will immediately turn and run for the hills.

I was aware of some of the nastiness on WordPress, but I was not aware of the extent of it. I am so sorry that it’s effected you, Boston. No one deserves to be mistreated, no one.

If anyone dared to disrespect you, or anyone on my blog, I would ban them immediately, Boston. It won’t happen here. Now, disagreements are okay, we can all agree to disagree about topics – that’s healthy debate. But, no one will be hurt on my site. Period. I know how it feels and I won’t let it happen to anyone who takes the time to visit us here. So, please don’t worry that it will spill over to this site… it won’t, I promise you. Cross my heart!

All the best, my friend.

3. Boston
    Apr 25 2010

Good Sunday Morning Andrea- You are a writer that takes the time to write about the case amidst all the other things you have to do. This case, from the very beginning, is a very difficult case to write about and it necessitated a certain detachment and respect many so-called writers thought they had. Some writers screamed from the mountaintop that they were writers with integrity and maintained the highest jounalistic standards. Others, clearly didn’t know how to write so they fought with those who said they did.

I would say anyone who spends too much time writing and fighting will eventually crash and burn on the internet. The concept of anonymity goes right down the toilet and their reputation will swirl around the bowl until it stinks to the high heavens.

In time there will be “order in the courtroom” and God willing some common decency on WordPress. It will be up to you Andrea, Kruzer, Neicey456 and itsamysterytome to continue to inform your readership in ways that invite a difference of opinion which leads to a hearty discussion and one that values the writer and the thinker.

Somehow during the last year or so the POSTER was not considered a writer or a thinker but someone to bash, insult, discredit and humiliate. Instead of just deleting the comment it was fodder for a slow news day.

Apr 25 2010

Good Sunday (now it’s afternoon!) to you too, Boston. I think you’re right, there must be a detachment otherwise the emotions may get the better of us all. I think your point about “anyone who spends time writing and fighting will eventually crash and burn on the internet,” is so true. I have been so hurt in the past – never again. I have learned the hard way to not get in the way of mean folks.

I think that there are folks who are so consumed with this case that it takes their life away – they read and study all the fine points and believe they are experts…. but the fact is, we’re all just commentators and observers. Not a single one of us should even begin to conclude that we know all the facts. We cannot possibly, and our brains (well, “my” brain) is loathe to remember the finer points… So, I don’t pretend to be an expert…. but I do enjoy reading about the antics of the defense, I enjoy reading the detective reports because I have such faith in them, and I enjoy watching the proceedings. So there ya have it.

I don’t ever want to fight about anything, but debate is fun.

I am familiar with the blogs you mention, and they are indeed great places to visit and I do when time allows, but mostly I tend to limit the time I spend at other sites because I don’t want my thoughts to be too influenced by other people’s opinions about a topic until after I’ve had a chance to write about it. It’s easy for me to inadvertently allow what others have written to color my opinion, so I have to be careful to hone on what I want to write about, then read what others say. But I love feedback and enjoy reading other folks’ ideas about something I have thought about…

I think also that you’re correct, when Perry gets the case off the ground, we’ll have a great deal more to write about….

I’m going to write about bullying, I think. It’s a topic, unfortunately, i know too much about.

Big hugs and thanks for your great insight and for your generosity in sharing so much here.

4. Kitt
    Apr 25 2010

I love #12 on Judge Perry’s order.

Apr 25 2010

Hey Kitt! Oh, me too. It’s the best one, and I the fact that he’s put in bold typeface the bit about gestures, facial expressions, and so on:

12. Counsel shall admonish all persons at the counsel table who make gestures, facial expressions, audible comments, or the like, as manifestations of approval or disapproval during the testimony of witnesses, or at any other time. This behavior is strictly prohibited.”

5. Kitt
    Apr 25 2010

I, too, have seen all the nastiness on blogs. I surf from blog to blog, looking for the latest news on the case. I stopped commenting some time ago, because a simple posted comment by me was shot down by another commentor (might I add it was on a site where the “clique” claim it to be the friendliest blog of them all, and it was a member of the clique who shot me down. I use the word clique as my personal feelings about them; they don’t call themselves a clique.)

In my opinion, many of the blogs about the case have gone bad, due to all the in-fighting and fighting between blogs.

Your site, Andrea, remains calm, informative, respectful, and friendly. I haven’t even commented in here for a while until today. The reason being that, after being scolded, or whatever it was, on the other blog, I’m afraid that if somebody from another blog sees a comment by me, there is always the chance that they may choose to be nasty on your site, and I wouldn’t want that to happen here. Mind you, I did not respond to the attack on me. I don’t do that. Mostly lately, I read the newest articles and avoid the comments section.

Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I do still visit here, and it’s always nice to read your articles.

Apr 25 2010

Oh Kitt, I am so sorry you got caught up in the craziness, too. If anyone were to speak ill to you I would delete the comment immediately. Kitt, you have my word that I will not allow that to happen. I don’t know what goes on at the other blogs – I think it’s best that I don’t know – but, if anyone is disrespectful to another person, their posts will not see the light of day here. I have an IPhone and I see the comments via my phone when I’m away from my computer. So, I can quickly delete or admonish that behavior.

To me, it’s all just our opinions and its about debate and there is not room for bickering. I don’t mind disagreements of opinion. I will disagree with someone when it’s something that i can verify about the law or something of that nature – concrete facts. But, none of us can possibly know ALL the facts in this case – we sure know a lot, thanks to Florida’s Sunshine Laws – but we don’t know the whole truth yet. The jury will see the whole truth in due time.

Regardless, I do enjoy reading what you have to say. You have great insight, Kitt, and I do enjoy hearing from you so much. In fact, I was wondering where you’ve been! Now I know and I am truly sorry. No one deserves to be attacked by a “clique.” That’s called “mobbing” and I experienced that on Facebook and on the Chatroll site in the past. People, when they group up against one person, can become like frenzied lunatics…it’s crazy – they’re crazy!

No one will gang up on me, or you, or anyone here. No one will gang up in cliques here, either.

I appreciate that you’ve shared what happened… it’s good for me to know and to keep a look out.

Do post here, Kitt, whenever you feel like it. I will be the protector of decency. 🙂

6. Boston
    Apr 25 2010

Kitt and Andrea-We all know that when we come to post we not only bring out insights and our ability to put a subject and a predicate together but our values. Behaviors which are taboo in polite society are taboo online. Positive ways of being are as cherished online as they are in the workplace or where civilized people congregate.

What bothers me is the absence of any accountability online. Why does stretching the truth and acting badly get rewarded? I was never attacked online but I have been dismissed and ignored. I can handle that but what I cannot tolerate are those who would deflect the appearance of impropriety onto others day in and day out. The lust for celebrity can corrupt a writer’s life. We talked about that on a previous post:re: Michael Finkel.

7. Andrea
    Apr 25 2010

Hey Boston…Yes, I know exactly what you mean re: no accountability hence people who may otherwise be truly upstanding citizens of the community can turn into devils online. It is the anonymity of the internet that allows such behavior to flourish.

It shouldn’t get personal in discussions about the Casey Anthony case, I wouldn’t think. We are discussing facts as we see them, law, and consequences.

A case in point, the fact that Judge Srickland was asked to recuse himself from the case seemed so unfair to many of us. I still am upset that it happened, but I also know that Judge Strickland made a mistake. He should never have mentioned anyone’s blog in open court or elsewhere. It’s just sad because Dave is close to all of us and he was very hurt by the event, I would be too.

So, we are bloggers with our opinions, those in the court system deal with the laws – only the law, not public opinion. If Cheney (as much as I hate that he did this) had NOT written that motion, there would be a retrial down the line because since it was stated in open court, it would be on a transcript for the appellate process to discover down the road. When the case is automatically appealed and it’s reviewed, (if she gets the DP), they’d see the Judge’s error and they would have to retry this case.

Bill Shaeffer also talked about this fact, too. It’s reversible error. I believe that it only came to light because the investigator for the defense recently spoke to Dave and Dave innocently mentioned the Judge’s comments, which were nice an kind and as affable as the Judge is.

Anyway, I kind of got off on a tangent there, but I guess what I am trying to say, and maybe you understand, is that we are not the arbiters of fact – the lawyers and Judges and ultimately the Jury are.

We are only witnesses in the public and we all have eyes that see things differently. And, we need to remember this is about life and death, in the end.

Life and death. That’s really what it’s about, ya know?

Oh my, Michael Finkel. Yeah, we talked about him. When people lack scruples there’s no telling what they will do.

8. Boston
    Apr 25 2010

Andrea-The wars that erupted over this most recent Motion have sparked or rekindled many arrogant and angry thoughts on the part of Mr Marinade and those who have come to question his journalistic ethics and standards. I don’t know what is worse feigning an understanding of the facts or whether one is guided by an overactive imagination.

I’ll share what Michael Washburn said when he reviewed Nothing Happened And Then It Did: A Chronicle in Fact and Fiction
    “The suspension of disbelief may remain operative in fiction, but in the realms of nonfiction and journalism we’re living through a cultural moment pregnant with the suspense of belief-the ever present suspicion that with each “true” utterance lurks a sign of a fraudulent or plagiarzied reality.”

Nothing is singularly good or bad, true or false. All we can do when we discuss Fl v Anthony is be open to the possibilities and the ambiguity that follows. We will only know all the facts once the trial begins.

You as a Blog writer have a right to your opinion and the responsibility to accept or reject an opposing viewpoint. Like you said, debate is great and we are not the arbitor of the facts. Twelve good men and woman who are selected to listen to the evidence will do their work with a real regard for the facts and convict or acquit based on a fair and balanced debate. They will look at all the evidence with a seriousness of purpose that this precious little victim deserves.

Many who insinuated themselves into this case also got their names on a Witness List. They witnessed nothing. But they give the “appearance” of knowing something no matter how benign or off base they made their voices heard.

Judge Strickland had to recuse himself and no matter how Ms Anthony regrets her decision she will have to live with the choices she makes.

You Andrea as a young writer can learn from the mistakes of the past and those that happen on your watch. I know you are a fine writer and those who share your values and standards will always come here not so much for a fair and balanced look at the evidence but a sensitive and respectful discussion. Everyone should leave the discussion having learned something new and possibly shared something that put a smile on one’s face or a song in their heart.

I used to say “back in the day” when things were not going so good on a Blog, “Okay folks, join me in singing one of my favorite Southern Spirituals…” I hope I get those days back. I was happier then.

Apr 25 2010

You are such a fine writer and thinker, Boston.

I am not familiar with Michael Washburn, but I really like what you quoted:

“The suspension of disbelief may remain operative in fiction, but in the realms of nonfiction and journalism we’re living through a cultural moment pregnant with the suspense of belief-the ever present suspicion that with each “true” utterance lurks a sign of a fraudulent or plagiarized reality.”

That is an amazing statement; i must be more vigilant in my acceptance of truth / falsity, too. You’re right, nothing is either good/bad/black/white. Emily Dickinson (I think it was her, or maybe Shakespeare) wrote: “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

Our thoughts can become our actions and our writing can spark a volcano from others out in cyberspace the likes of which can hurt many. I like staying right here in my own little corner of the blogosphere! When I venture away from home from now on, I’ll be a bit more cautious.

Regardless, I do think when the next chapter begins with FL v Anthony, and with the new tone that Judge Perry will bring to the courtroom debate, we’ll go back to your good ole days. Until then, I’ll sing with you!

9. Boston
    Apr 25 2010

Andrea-You made my day. Thank you. In the Christian tradition they say that when you sing once you pray twice!
    I better start singing!!!!

Have a happy week at work! My Red Sox aren’t doing so well but I am always hopeful. I’ll try to post any Breaking News so you can see it on your iphone.

All the best, my friend.

Apr 25 2010

Yay! I am so glad I made your day!! What song shall we sing? I love spirituals, bluesy blue-grass, Musical theatre, and of course, Jazz! Here’s one: “Singin’ in the Rain”… “I’m singing in the rain, just singing in the raing…what a glorious feeling… I’m happy again..(dah da dum). I’m laughing at clouds so dark up above, the sun’s in my eyes and I’m ready for love…. let the stormy clouds chase, everyone from the place, get on with the rain, I’ve a smile on my face…”

oh it would be wonderful if you’d post breaking news! I’d be thrilled.

Talk to you soon!

10. Boston
    Apr 26 2010

Good Morning Andrea-You know I was going to post a lyric but I thought, ‘No I’d better not.” Yikes was I wrong. How can one not read those lines and not sing along? In my mind’s eye I see Gene Kelly dancing down the street and where you stopped, along comes the cop!

Although we’re not in Oklahoma let’s start the week out by singing Oh, What a Beautiful Morning!

There’s a bright golden haze on the meadow, there’s a bright golden haze on the meadow, The corn is as high as an elephants eye, an’ it looks like it’s climbing clear up to the sky.Oh, what a beautiful mornin; oh, what a beautiful day ___________I got a beautiful feelin’ everything’s going my way!!!(Rogers and Hammerstein II)

When I catch my breath I’ll be back with the Breaking News

• Andrea OConnell
      Apr 26 2010

Oh yes…let’s start the week with that one….I’m singin along with ya! But OMG the rain here right now is intense. We are having a severe storm – no singin in this i’m afraid!!! The skies are inky black and the wind is howlin ro beat the band….. We were under a tornado warning but it’s lifted now…

Regardless, I’m still singin with ya! 🙂

Sent from my iPhone

11. jon
    Apr 26 2010

HI. I like #12 as well. Maybe they’ll have to get their act together now and behave as if they’re in a real courtroom and that playtime is over.

I read on someone else’s blog that they’re trying to get her bail down. Why? Do they think someone’s actually going to pay it and get her out? Certainly not her parents! I can’t imagine. Also, if she gets out her life will be hell. It’s not as if the crowd at Fusion will want anything to do with her and I wouldn’t want to be Casey left alone with Cindy at this point.

Apr 26 2010

Hey Jon! I think that may be a rumor….she’s not getting bail, there is no bail in this case, if what I remember is true. Can you imagine her getting out? Oh my, the house on Hopespring drive would be springing with hate mongers. For the safety of the community, they couldn’t let her out. If she were to live on the moon, well maybe they’d agree to that!

12. Boston
    Apr 26 2010

Jon-I recall hearing that too and dismissed it because I thought perhaps it was too “far out” to think about. How could that be? Her psychological eval is sealed and to the best of my understanding Ms Anthony’s prior bond reduction hearing was denied based, in part, on that evaluation. This would truly be Breaking News.

I’d walk on the other side of the street if I saw her. She’ll have to be isolated!! Imagine being in the same room with her. Godawful.

• jon
      Apr 26 2010

HI. I thought after I wrote my post that if she were released on bail and had to live with Cindy, she could claim “cruel and unusual punishment!”.

Also, I can’t think of any of her former “friends” wanting to have anything to do with her at all!

I agree about crossing the street although I wonder if she’d have the nerve to walk down a street. Seeing what I have, she’s arrogant enough to try it though!

Apr 26 2010

ha ha ha ha!!! Yes, cruel and unusual punishment it would surely be!

13. Boston
    Apr 26 2010

Jon-I think that Casey was cruel and unusual when she lived in that house. It must have been a house of horrors for years and years. No real sanity exists for those who have to deal with a psychopath. Sadly, what she did to Caylee was a one time event but what lead up to it was countless moments of rage and retaliation against them all.

I have often wondered what Casey was planning when she invited Amy H. to put in a change of address at the Orlando PO and come live at HopeSpring Drive. When Cindy saw Amy’s mail being delivered (or a package that was delivered) she mentioned to Casey that if Amy didn;t want others to see her mail all she had to do was get a mailbox at the PO.

Cindy certainly had heard years of lies before and I wonder what she thought of that one…..

Apr 26 2010

Boston, that’s so interesting that you mention that, I too always thought that Casey’s first plan was to kill her parents and get the house so she and Amy and Caylee could live together. I truly think that was what she had in mind. I don’t think Caylee was her initial target of murder….I believe she hates her mother with such passion and in her mind, her mother “drove” her to kill Caylee, therefore (in her twisted mind) Casey did not do anything wrong…. I think that Cindy came after Casey to try to wring her neck with anger, but the anger turned against the precious little innocent victim – the only innocent in this whole cast of sordid characters.

14. weezie10
    Apr 27 2010

short and simple. Did Cindy obey Strickland about the gum chewing?????? I rest my case. She’s going to be chewing….. she drives me crazy.

Apr 27 2010

LOL Weezie, she sure as heck did not!!!!!! LOL, she better read that edict I tell ya, or she’ll be out to pasture chewing grass! (She drives me crazy, too.)….

15. jon
    Apr 28 2010

HI. Talking about things being “oddly quiet”. I thought to myself that it’s been a long time since we’ve heard from George and Cindy. They really seem to have been laying low lately (thank God!). Maybe they’re (finally) beginning to realize things are not going Casey’s way. Either that or they’re tied up in their own legal problems with the foreclosure. Of course, G-boy has to deal with the girlfriend thing as well. I’m none too sure what point that’s reached.

There’s so little on NG about this now that it seems to Cummings-Croslin mess has taken over in that regard. At least that tribe is entertaining to watch not to mention listen to (have you ever heard such language being spoken to parents and grandparents? My mother would have knocked my head through a wall if I used the “f” word with her) to watch, although the story is equally horrific.

Apr 28 2010

Hey Jon…. Yep, George and Cindy have been flying under the radar lately, perhaps they understand now that the behavior they’ve displayed up until recently has not benefited them or Casey in the least…. I wonder how they’re holding up and how they live with themselves. I often wonder how they are going to make it through a trial….there’s going to be horrible revelations, I bet, coming out about them…family secrets, etc., that I bet the defense will use… I wouldn’t put it past them (the defense) during trial to even insinuate that a family member could even have had a hand in what happened to Caylee. It may sound far-fetched at first blush, but stranger things have happened in high-stake cases like this. It just takes one “unreasonable” juror to believe one “story” that the defense floats to create reasonable doubt and a hung jury…. Oh dear, I don’t even want to think about that….

We’re going to have a lot to talk about Friday…it’s the first hearing with Judge Perry!

16. jon
    Apr 29 2010

I wouldn’t be surprised if they try to implicate Lee, but I really doubt he had anything to do with it. I think he’s just a schlubb who got mixed up in this through loyalty to his sister and perhaps badgering from Cindy. For some reason, don’t ask me why, I feel sorry for him.

Apr 29 2010

Hey Jon, I know…. but, Tom Luca (Lee’s attorney) did Lee a marvelous favor by ensuring he had full immunity against prosecution. The fact that he has full immunity is pretty interesting and kind of informs us that Lee does indeed have some damaging information, not only to himself, but also to Casey. So, they can’t touch him. The Anthony’s, as far as I am aware, do not have immunity. I understand how you’d feel sorry for Lee. I do too, now. I didn’t at all in the beginning when he was making such an ass out of himself and protecting his sister at all costs….saying crazy things like “I believe everything my sister tells me” heck, I’d give him a night in jail for that lie! LOL…Just kidding!

17. jon
    Apr 29 2010

Maybe the reason DeLuca got the immunity for Lee was because he was so vocal in the beginning of this and some of the things he stated publicly could possibly have been used against him. I think a lot his behavior during the tv interviews (laughing, etc.) was caused from nervousness and being “on the spot”. I think he was loyal to Casey and was trying to cover for her, but she did apparently say some things to him early on that could have been damaging to him. Wasn’t there a conversation where she said something like “I know I’m a lousy mother and I’ve stolen from you and other people, etc.”. Who knows. This whole thing has gotten so convoluted. I think this guy is going to have to spend the rest of his life being “Casey Anthony’s brother” and that’s punishment enough for anything he might have done! I’d change my name! (maybe Anthony Lee?)

Also, I always have had the feeling his speech (the CMA business) during the memorial service was scripted for him (by whom, I’m sure you can guess.) I think he’s probably as emasculated by his mother as George is.