May 26, 2010

talk of life. talk of death.

I have been terribly busy with work, projects, real-estate, life, going to the theatre, and all kinds of things wonderful.

I am training a new group of employees at work – in the second week of a three-week long seminar.  It’s exhausting, but also very invigorating to  see the change and the learning happen.

As far as the Casey Anthony case, I am out of the loop! But, I am still very much thinking of the death penalty as it’s a dialogue that I would like to keep going – it’s important to keep talking about it.

I found the quote below today…. I think it rings some bells.

This is what it comes down to, don’t you think?   Death is the end of a beautiful journey, but I also think the journey continues with a beauty that is unimaginable to us.

“I’ve lived. I’ve really really lived. I’ve failed. I’ve been devastated. I’ve been broken. I’ve gone to hell and back. And I’ve also known joy. And passion. And I’ve had a great love. See death for me is not justice. It’s a … end of a beautiful journey. And I’m not afraid to die. The question is, are you? ”  ~Grey’s Anatomy

1. Hilde
    May 26 2010

Andrea~~ thank You for another great Post. I always enjoy
    reading Your Posts.
    I love that last Paragraph from “Grey’s Anatomy”. It really
    makes You stop and think.
    Andrea, You are such a busy Lady. Going to the Theater sounds great!
    BTW You really haven’t missed much in the Anthony Case lately. There is a Hearing scheduled June 1st.
    I really haven’t paid too much Attention to this Case lately been busy myself. I am sure if something of Importance comes up we will know and won’t miss it.
    Keep up the good work with Your Posts Andrea, they are always appreciated, I hope You know that! 😉

2. Andrea
    May 26 2010

Hey Hilde… you are so sweet to say that! Thank you! Oh boy, I do love that quote, too. I don’t watch that show but I hear it’s really good…. if there’s writing like that, well I think I’ll have to become a fan!

Yes, I did hear about that June 1st hearing…yay! More action! LOL!

Again, I so appreciate your feedback and input, my dear friend. Thank you, as always…. ❤

3. auntdeedee
    May 27 2010

To me, death is not the end of a beautiful journey, but the beginning of one for those in Christ Jesus. The hereafter will show that this life, no matter how beautiful, is far exceedingly more beautiful. Nothing can compare.

As for those given the DP, I don’t think their lives were a beautiful journey nor did they give their victims a beautiful journey but took any chance for it being one away.

JMHO!
    Have a wonderful day!

• Andrea
      May 28 2010

Hi Auntdeedee, my dear! Yes, the hereafter (i do hope) will be a place that is so perfect it cannot be totally appreciated by mere mortals. I don’t think those given the DP had beautiful lives either, I really don’t. However, what I do believe is that life itself – the mere act of breathing and being alive, is a gift – beautiful just in that. You know what I mean?

I could not for a second say that those who hurt or kill another were blessed with a beautiful life – they chose to destroy the beauty that God gave them. But, again, I think that to have lived at all is a thing of beauty….

Hugs you beautiful friend!

4. Ideas
    May 27 2010

Even tho’ I support the DP, my hope would be that each criminal would use his/her remaining time contemplating and turning their lives around.

In a much broader sense, we can each step back in panoramic fashion and realize how messed up our lives are. Many feel their “good” outweighs their “bad.” Is that possible?

The outbreak of battles in Blogdom is one sign of our sad world. Each side feels they are representing the right side against the wrong side.

At the same time, we can also realize the goodness God has shown us in our lives…even for those who don’t believe much in God. We can credit God with any beauty we may find in our journeys. What will give the afterlife its greater beauty within a greater journey, will be the absence of any degree of wrongdoing.

• Andrea
      May 28 2010

Hello Dear Friend Ideas:
      As always, your posts are full of such wisdom and depth of thought…. Yes, I’d hope that those who are condemned via the DP will step back and look at their lives in a 360 degree reflected mirror and come to realize the beauty they wasted. One can only hope they will look to the light…

Regarding your question about “good” outweighing “bad”, I think you’re right that many times people cannot see the negative in themselves – but will be attracted to the negative in others, if that makes sense. People seem to admire the qualities in others that they admire in themselves…. hence, bad folks hang with bad folks, and good folks with other good folks. Evil attracts more evil, I believe.

I wish there was a way to give people new glasses to see themselves with…. I wish everyone could study psychology once in their lives and learn to look within themselves with objectivity and change what is negative. It can be done, but if there is no will, there can be no way.

Oh how I loved your reference to the afterlife as being the absence of any degree of wrongdoing…. I have dreamed that, too, you just stated it so nicely!

I hate to think of battles in Blogdom… I can’t go there… can’t even begin to go there, life is too short…. 🙂

All the best my dear and have a lovely Memorial Day weekend! Weeee!!!!

5. May 28 2010

Andrea, what an inspirational article. Makes a person stop for a second and reflect about what life is really about. All the petty stuff that seems so all important is, after all, just petty stuff. stop and smell the roses as the old cliche goes. ain’t life grand?

add, i agree with you you 100%! there is no place like heaven.

have a great Memorial Day!

• Andrea
      May 29 2010

Hi Midget, Why thanks so much! It is so true that when you step back and see the beauty in everything, then the petty stuff really becomes petty. I was looking at butterflies and birds today at Butterfly World, in Florida, and when you see the miracle in nature, you tend to appreciate the miracle of life, too.

It’s so nice that you came to visit! Hope you have a great Memorial Day, too!

6. Snoopysleuth
    May 29 2010

Please take a moment and donate to Marinade Dave’s tip jar.

• Andrea
      May 30 2010

Thanks Snoopysleuth. I surely do appreciate and support the efforts and the service that Dave provides readers. I am sure I am not alone in that.

7. Nobody
    May 29 2010

How uncouth is that spam, asking for a tip for what. I was taught that a tip was given for extra services when you are paying for something.

Not only is paying for something (accepting money) illegal if you don’t have a legit business it is just downright poor judgment. Having someone solicit for you makes that person pretty much a scum bag in my book.

I say filter the poster out, that sort of thing brings down WordPress.

• Andrea
      May 30 2010

Hello Nobody,

I let that post that you refer to as spam come in because I read and appreciate the work of Marinade Dave. He produces fine work, provides a great service to the followers of the Casey Anthony case and I would like him to continue to do so.

You don’t need to contribute, that’s your call, but there’s no reason to disdain should others choose to do so. We live in this great and free country and are allowed to make our own decisions both great and small. You’ve made yours. My decision is to support Dave.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )