anthony case news roundup – a slow week
Yes, it was a slow news week for those of us interested in the goings-on in the Anthony case.
Although the news media was agog over the fact that Casey Anthony fell in an Orlando Courthouse elevator, other than that, it was a quiet week.
The elevator fall this past week also brought to light some of the Casey Anthony hate mongers, allowing them to discuss what they wished would have happened in that elevator.
Comments left on blogs and news reports with regards to enjoying Casey’s fall were beyond the beyond of ugly. Some of the comments from people posting on blogs and news reports were excessively repulsive. Why such vitriol? What do we learn from this? Why the hate? It’s about the death of a little girl. We hate what was done to Caylee Marie Anthony. That’s what we hate. No need to spew more ugliness or hatred.
Additionally, there were depositions held by the defense. The prosecution witnesses deposed this week were:
- Brian Burner – Loaned Casey Anthony a shovel.
- Debbi Bennett – Cindy Anthony’s co-worker. This witness told LE that Cindy claimed Casey’s car “smelled like a dead body.”
- J.P. Chatt – a former friend of Casey’s. Associated with Amy Huizenga and Ricardo Morales.
- Nate Leiniwicz – Tony Lazzaro’s roommate.
- Sandra Mellich (Yuri Mellich’s wife) – Assisted in the investigation.
On June 11th, John Allen, OSCO Detective, is scheduled.
What’s to Come
- This week should bring a ruling on the defense’s motion regarding whether they can keep Casey Anthony’s jail visitor logs secret.
- There is a status hearing on June 21st.
- Right around the corner – June 15th, we will mark another anniversary of Caylee Marie Anthony’s death.
Can two years have passed?
Am I dreaming?