August 30, 2010

Baez: “…I could really care less what a lot of people say”

Today’s status hearing was one in which Judge Belvin Perry banged his figurative and literal gavel, and told the attorneys, in no uncertain terms, they had better be ready for this case to start, or else!

Or else what?

Well, said Perry, the attorneys will be working six day weeks, and without sleep, if that’s what it takes to stay on schedule.

And, oh dear….After the status hearing, from his own lips, Baez claimed that he knows that “a lot of people” believe he is incompetent.

Baez was referring to Mark NeJame who said the following to Attorney Cheney Mason:

I believe your partner is not only a liar, but incompetent. I’m going to say this in light of what he said to me — he made up complete and total fabrications.

OUCH!

To which Baez replied:

I know I’m competent, I know I’m doing what’s good for my client and, what’s more important, she does, and so does my team. So I could really care less what a lot of people say.

Personally, I don’t believe Baez is completely incompetent, although his inexperience makes it appear like he is incompetent.

Could it be that Baez plays at being incompetent?

Could it be that he meanders around the law, making excuses and acting shadowy to try to slip a few zingers into the record?

I am speaking hypothetically, as I don’t know this for a fact.  However, I wonder, does he takes short cuts to attempt to fool the court, as evidenced by a few of his motions?   Most recently, his motion and claim that he did not realize his conversation with a prison inmate would be recorded, was preposterous.

Perhaps a neophyte lawyer could get away with that one – maybe! Did Baez go a little too over the top with the neophyte lawyer act in that jail recording scenario?

Baez has the right to dissemble and stretch for excuses when it suits his client, all in the name of “reasonable doubt” right?

Wrong!

There is this non-theoretical, non-judgmental thing called TRUTH!

Reasonable doubt may not require utter “truth” but it does require “reason” versus any excuse under the sun.

The Defense Submits its Amended Witness List

The Defense Witness List was published today.

I did NOT see Roy Kronk as a witness.

Hmmmmm.

1. laurali
    Aug 31 2010

Hi Andrea! I also noticed the Nanny is missing from the witness list? I would think she would be the most important witness, she can clear Casey from any wrong doing. I guess Casey does not trust Jose enough either to give out her “real” contact information.

• Andrea
      Aug 31 2010

Hey there Laurali! OMG, that’s true!!!!! Where the heck is Zanny the Nanny??? Well, shoot, you must be right…not even Jose who’s trying to save her life, can be privy to Zanny. LOL! What a farce! We all knew it was a farce from day one, glad the duh-fence folks are also seeing it, too. 🙂

2. mystymiss
    Aug 31 2010

If Beaz could care less hat other attorneys say abut him– why does he mention it to the judge?

• Andrea

Bingo Mystymiss!

3. Diana
    Aug 31 2010

Zanny will be there for sure……..In Caseys head! 🙂 Proof of her existance is in the fact that she has a white dog. What else do you people need? Jeeze.

• Andrea
      Aug 31 2010

Of course, Diana! Heck I forgot all about that dog that Cindy referred to (which she said confirmed the existence of Zanny) . Well, heck, since the dog exists, Zanny must, too. Well, maybe the dog is on the witness list?

4. laurali
    Aug 31 2010

Diana~ I forgot all about the dog. You are right, Zanny will be there she looks just like Casey Anthony. 🙂

5. jon
    Aug 31 2010

It will be interesting to watch this whole crowd as the date of the trial draws nearer and nearer. Casey squirming in her chair and the grin disappearing from her face, Baez sweating bullets. I hope the realization that the date is set and draws slowly nearer really puts pressure on them, esp. Casey. What about the dream team? what happened to Henry Lee or Kobilinsky? Have they jumped ship? God only knows what antics we’re due from Cindy between now and then!

6. Aug 31 2010

people hello all of you zanny the nanny is cindy marie anthony george marie anthony lee marie anthony and the last one people is jose angel bastered marie baez.what a hell of a stupid lawyer yes he is stupid because he is only bying TIME THATS ALL FOLKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

7. Aug 31 2010

helpfindthemissing.org has an excellent article, produced by the Florida Bar, on the unethical actions of Jose Baez.
    He was sued for $800.00 for NOT paying the people who made his gold-crusted business cards.

• Andrea
      Aug 31 2010

Thanks, Venice-hippiechick! I’ll check that story out… interesting indeed!

8. Nina
    Aug 31 2010

The only Zanny the Nanny is Casey herself…If there really had been Cindy would of done all she could do to make sure she met this person..She didn’t because there never was one…The real Nanny will be in court and her name is Casey Anthony!

• Andrea
      Aug 31 2010

you got that right, Nina…. 🙂 Seems Zanny the Nanny theory is all washed up, but the Prosecutors will use it to make Casey look like the complete and utter liar she is. Thanks so much, nina!

9. offthecuff
    Aug 31 2010

Competent is as competent does… We may think he plays at being incompetent to excuse his shortcuts, but he’s worked with seasoned lawyers next to him. I believe Mason is escorting him what to do… “Hey, let’s try this!!”

I don’t know if Baez will ever sweat bullets over this trial. He believes himself so above the law and has skirted and abused it personally quite a bit.

10. Andrea
    Aug 31 2010

Hey Off-the-Cuff…. LOL! And stupid is as stupid does…..I agree that Mason is no doubt coaching him, but there’s not much Mason can do to make their case look like a case. Isn’t it interesting how the Anthony’s are made of the same cloth as Baez appears to be made of? The all think they are holier than thou, I think.

11. Hilde
    Sep 1 2010

well I would say I really could care less what Mr.Baez has to say also.
    Until that time that Mr.Baez has something to say worth listening too, I will just quit listening to him and wait till the Trial starts.
    Mr. Baez stated in the Beginning of this Case we will understand everything once the Trial starts, well I don’t have to wait till the Trial starts to understand what is going on, I understand perfectly well. Now we just have to wait till the Evidence is all laid out so Mr. Baez also can understand what his Client Casey A. did to her own Daughter Caylee Marie.
    Make no Mistake Casey Anthony is responsible for her Daughter’s Death and if our Criminal Justice works like it should, there will be a Conviction despite what Mr.Baez trying to make us believe. JMO
    His Client is not innocent like Mr.Baez stated, we all know that by now and have known it for a long time.

• Andrea
      Sep 1 2010

LOL Hilde! Ditto that! That’s right… Baez “did” say we’d understand it all once the trial begins…. well, he was underestimating the intelligence of those of us who follow this case, and the good people of Orlando who will try the case….. we won’t forget.

Yes, it makes me crazy when he gloats about “innocence” too. After all, it is not his burden to prove innocence anyway – it’s Not Guilty, which is a far cry from innocence sometimes.

Casey will be found Guilty, despite the posturing of Baez and company, despite the promised smoke and mirrors.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )