Today’s document release in the case against Casey Anthony included more video and audio than documents.
There were quite a number of new details regarding what River Cruz had to share with regards to George Anthony.
To say that today’s release of information was rather dramatic, is putting it mildly. A great deal of damning information was revealed. So much so that George Anthony’s attorney released the following statement with regards to the allegations of his affair with River Cruz:
1. At no time did George Anthony request $20,000 from Holloway/Cruz.
2. At no time did George Anthony become “more than friends” with Holloway/Cruz.
3. At no time did George Anthony attack his daughter during the time that she was released from jail on bond.
4. At no time did George Anthony grab Casey Anthony around the neck or throw her against a wall.
5. At no time did George Anthony confide any of his opinions or thoughts to Holloway/Cruz regarding this case.
Given what River had to say about the dynamics within the Anthony clan, it is fairly safe to assume that Law Enforcement (LE) may be focusing on George Anthony’s actions in this case.
Of course I have no way of knowing this, but one could safely glean from the tenor of the LE interviews, there is clear interest in what George Anthony said and did in the early days of the case. For instance, in the early days of the case, George was quite cooperative with LE. Then, after the bond hearing, he began to seriously dissemble and reneged on everything he’d claimed in the early days. You may recall that in his early discussions with LE and the FBI, he discussed the smell of decomposition in the Pontiac Sunfire driven by Casey, as well as his doubt that Casey was being truthful, and his initial skepticism about the existence of Zanny the Nanny, and more.
Now, of course, George is riding a horse of a different color and, is playing two sides against the middle. George was publicly supporting his daughter, but according to River he was also hiding a great deal about what he thought or knew about what happened to Caylee.
First of all, George’s motivations for covering for Casey boils down to her statement to LE: “He’s lost one girl (Caylee), and he doesn’t want to loose another (Casey). Is this his motivation to do or say what ever it takes to protect Casey?
River stated that George clearly believed that whatever happened to Caylee was an accident. According to River, he (George) said the baby’s death was an accident that spun out of control – that snowballed out of control.
George Anthony inferred to River that the death was an accident that Casey tried to cover it up until it got too big.
In the two River Cruz interviews with John Allen, Eric Edwards, and Yuri Mellich, the detectives are intent on finding out how George knew it was an “accident” and at one point River says she thought that maybe Casey confessed to George about “the accident”, but she’s clearly not sure.
Some of the topics that River discussed, and that I found particularly interesting, are:
- River began slowly to see that the Anthony’s were using people and that their search for Caylee was never in earnest.
- George never searched, the times he claimed he was searching or looking for work, he spent with River.
- George Anthony was a media hound. River describes having some of the local news reporters on his speed dial and would constantly call the media.
- The Anthony’s were motivated by money. During a Good Morning America interview in which they were going to earn $20,000, George allegedly called Cindy, furiously yelling at her for not getting the money upfront for the appearance on Good Morning America. “I told you to get the F*cking money first, ” River said she heard George exclaim over the phone.
- George led River to believe that he was destitute for money and needed help putting food on the table.
- George Anthony grabbed Casey around the neck, shook her, threw her against the wall. Cindy had to intervene and get George off of Casey.
- George once told River the home was paid off, but later claimed he was loosing his home and asked for $20,000 from River.
- Cindy was sedated a lot, and was not doing well. River would bring her flowers constantly.
- River gave George, in total, about $4,000, she says.
- During the search for Caylee, River would, on a daily basis, put $20 into the donation canister to help support the search for Caylee until she realized it was going to Kid Finders. After hearing this, she began to give the money directly to George.
- George told River that Casey made up Juliette Lewis.
- George told River he loved her. Text messages stated he needed her in his life.
- River believes that both Cindy and George used, in their depositions in the civil case, a description of River to describe Zanny the Nanny. (Curly hair that is straightened, perfect teeth, a tattoo down her arm, good build, a perfect 10, matches River.)
Needless to say, River Cruz’s remarks to LE paint a very sordid picture of George Anthony. It paints him, frankly, as lacking scruples, as desperate, and willing to say or do anything to deceive and save Casey.
Oh George! No wonder you’ve been hiding lately.