December 19, 2010

bless the orlando detectives

First, I wanted to share with you a very telling segment from the Orlando Sheriff’s Office’s interview with River Cruz. (Video segment below.)

In this segment, River discusses the dynamics of Cindy and George’s relationship.  She also discusses an argument about the $20,000 payment from Good Morning America that Cindy Anthony was supposed to get in advance of appearing on the show.

There is a very difficult and touching moment in this clip where River nearly breaks down and struggles to tell Detective Eric Edwards, and John Allen how George Anthony, crying, tells her that Caylee’s death was “an accident that snow-balled out of control.”

On other clips, River mentions that the Anthony’s never spoke about the case, or the search for Caylee in their home as they felt that Law Enforcement had their home bugged – wired for sound.  As such, River and George never talked at the Anthony home.

It seems that George used River’s home as a refuge away from Cindy, who, according to River, often appeared sedated.

Regardless, I find that the Anthony’s were worried about LE “Bugs” completely shocking!    Personally, I never wanted to believe that George or Cindy were really that ruthless or cunning or despicable.

If my niece were missing and if we were lucky enough to have the FBI helping our family to find the person culpable, God forbid, I can’t imagine being afraid of law enforcement during such a time!  They would be allies and friends and we would look to them with reverence for caring about our child.  I mean, that’s how anyone in this position would feel.  Right?

But, not the Anthony’s. No, not the Anthony’s.  From the time they realized they’d lost Caylee and they put the reality together in their broken minds that Casey was the one responsible, their actions became: Protect Casey.  And then, the more the Anthony’s began to dissemble, it became: Protect us (Cindy and George) from culpability.

And George and Cindy, instead of going into seclusion to grieve, what do they do?  They begin to blame LE for not working hard enough to find Caylee, who they know is deceased!  They send the FBI and LE all over the country looking for Caylee when they knew she was gone.  If that is not heartless, I do not know what is.

I have to tell you, I think the men and women in the Orlando Sheriff’s Office are incredible people.  They are dedicated, passionate professionals who never, to this day, have lost sight of what is really important here: Justice for Caylee.  I have listened to Eric Edwards, Yuri Mellich, John Allen, Appie Wells, and other fine investigators whose names I cannot recall, and I feel as if I know them.  I think they are all wonderful men and women and I look forward to the day when justice is served and these fine people can go on to work on other missing children cases.  God knows there are enough of these terrible cases out there.

On a separate note, there was an article in today’s Orlando Sentinel about the Orlando Public Defender’s Office’s clothing drive to assist indigent defendants.  It appears that not only does Orlando have a fantastic State Attorney’s Office, but they have great people at their Public Defender’s Office, too.

It is a shame that Casey did not get a public defender to try her case.  I know from personal experience that most public defenders are excellent attorney’s and they are guided and trained by dedicated attorneys in the Public Defender’s Office ranks.  I know this because my brother was a public defender for a few years before he started his own criminal practice.  Casey Anthony would not be in the mess she’s in now had a public defender been issued this case.  Casey Anthony would not be staring at the death penalty through the barrel of a gun as she is now.

Every person, regardless of who they are – white, black; Hindu, Baptist, rich or poor – deserve to be innocent until proven guilty.  So does Casey Anthony.  Unfortunately, thanks to her hapless attorney who fans the flames of the Angel-Casey as if he were on a mountaintop blowing smoke signals that spell I-N-N-O-C-E-N-T, when we all know otherwise, is truly troubling.  Attorney Baez, like the Anthony’s, needs to stop talking.  He is making it worse for his client.  His client is looking down the barrel of a gun that god forbid, is fired due to his ineptitude.

God help Casey Anthony and God Bless the fine women and men in public service in Orlando.

WARNING River uses harsh language when quoting George Anthony.

1. Venice
    Dec 19 2010

Thank you for this article. It is so refreshing to read kind words about the only people seeking justice for Caylee, instead of reading the words of people who have a hatred for LE and degrade them in every form. LE has done their job since day 1, and they have done so with extreme professionalism. I have a huge respect for the Orange County Sheriff’s Dpt., and the people of Orlando should feel safe and at peace with their assistance.

Once again….thank you for an article that was so much needed.

• Dec 19 2010

Hi Venice! I’m glad that you feel the same way as I do about LE in Orlando. In my opinion, they have been very professional and very much conscientious of what the case is really about: Justice for Caylee. The are not trying to “get” Casey, as the Anthony’s believed from day one, rather they are seeking justice for their sweet little grand-daughter. It’s tragic that the person responsible for this crime was Caylee’s own mother, it’s just a sick and desperately sad fact.

I am really afraid that the defense, because they have no defense, will try to rip apart the work of the FBI and of the OCSO. That’s always what they do when the client is guilty and they know it. OJ Simpson spent millions for his attorneys to wreak havoc with the LA investigative teams, and with the DNA labs to get OJ off.

But, I think that Orlando was really careful in how it handled the evidence in this case. They took a long time to process the crime scene when the body was discovered… that’s a good thing and it makes it more difficult to accuse them of being sloppy when they were so methodical.

Anyway, thanks again for your feedback. 🙂

2. Venice
    Dec 19 2010

The wonderful people on JB’s Blog referred to Mr. Ashton as “Boy Ashton”. Just HORRIBLE!

• Dec 19 2010

Oh no! That doesn’t make sense to me… Maybe they were just being silly, I hope. He is a fine attorney. Very capable, in my humble opinion.

3. Venice
    Dec 19 2010

Orlando won’t repeat the Los Angeles disaster of OJ or Phil Spector. LE, and the FBI, have maintained such dignity when dealing with this scam of a family. Anybody who thinks Casey is innocent can be charmed by a snake. and, the Ashton comment was not jokingly said. These people are the people that let killers walk free, and it’s a scary thought. Keep up the great work Andrea!

• Dec 19 2010

Wow. Well, that’s pretty sad. Anyway, thank you for your feedback and observations! I don’t think Orlando will follow in the OJ footsteps either. I blame a lot of what happened in the OJ trial on Judge Ito, sadly. And we have strong Judges in Orlando – Judge Perry is tough, thankfully.

Anyway, It’s always so great to hear from you!

4. Dec 20 2010

Kudos to the OCSD! i believe their professionalism and dedication while working this case will certainly have a positive effect when it is brought to trial. these men and women did not waste precious time and resources getting their fifteen minutes of fame running down the media and embellishing stories about the case. instead, they employed perservence and tenacity gleaned from years of experience to seek justice for precious Caylee. that was their job and they did it well. i am glad to know there are still dedicated law enfrcement officers like those in the OCSD and the FBI as well. there is hope! quite simply, they performed their job, and very well, i might add. being in contact with liar casey and her lying family was not new to them. after all, they have been around that mountain more than once, dealing with psychopaths and deviants like the anthonys. sadly, it will not be their last. thanks, OCSO and FBI, you are greatly appreciated.
    venice, as for the dorky name, “boy ashton”, just remember the equally dorky surce. enough said.

• Dec 20 2010

Hey Midget… I thank you for your comments, and I totally agree with you. I love listening to the detectives interviews – they have been so interesting! And remember how patient they were with Cindy Anthony? Gosh, I can remember Yuri Mellich being so kind, but very firm with her when she wouldn’t listen to a word he was saying, and wouldn’t answer his questions with a straight answer, just rambled on and on. Yuri and Eric Edwards were amazing with Cindy… Anyway, it was really so cool to be able to listen to the detectives… It taught me a lot about interview techniques, actually. 🙂

5. jon
    Dec 20 2010

Hi Andrea: I think the professionalism of the prosecution, the Sheriff’s office and the FBI will be reflected during the trial.

Baez and the Anthony’s will be another thing altogether. I can’t wait for Cindy to get on the stand and claim that Caylee is still alive, that Casey is an angel, that the pizza was decomposing in the trunk, blah blah blah. I really hope that they are charged with obstruction and anything else that can be thrown at them. If not, once the trial is over, Cindy and George will be making the rounds of the talk shows again and probably trying to sell and book and movie deal. In a way, since they’ve been so verbal and in-your-face obnoxious, I want to see Cindy and George get the book thrown at them as much as I do Casey.

Happy Holidays!

• Dec 20 2010

Hey Jon!!!! So good to hear from you. I think the OCSO should do pretty well come trial time, too. I know how you feel about Cindy and George, too…. it’s beyond frustrating to see them just thumb their noses up to LE and the FBI. It’s a wonder LE didn’t come down on them already, but I think their hands are full with trying to win justice for Caylee. Gawd, I just can’t even imagine them going out and trying to make more money once all is said and done. but, they’ve been pretty quiet lately, maybe they have learned now? Hah! We can dream, can’t we!

6. Venice
    Dec 20 2010

It’s so funny…..people who buy into Casey’s delusional life think everyone is a lying rat (State, Grunds, Kronk, LE, FBI) EXCEPT for the Anthony’s and Casey….THE MASTER MANIPULATOR. Good Lord….and they could sit on a jury???

• jon
      Dec 20 2010

scary, isn’t it?

• Venice
        Dec 20 2010

Yes jon, it sure is! Some people are such pushovers that they don’t realize a sociopath when sitting right in front of them. I had to laugh, in today’s hearing, involving Kronk’s prior bad acts! LOL! Mr Kronk IS NOT ON TRIAL and HE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CAYLEE! I hope he sues the heck out of Baez.

• jon
        Dec 20 2010

With the possible exception of Mother Theresa, Baez and company would have accused anyone who found Caylee’s body of being the murderer. They’re just desperate and will do anything they can to divert attention from Casey the Skank.

• Dec 20 2010

it really angers me to think they’d try to frame poor Roy Kronk! The guy was a hero in my estimation. Grrrr, I say! Baez will not prevail with getting Kronk’s “bad acts” admitted… it’s all smoke anyway, I really believe there’s nothing at all there! Heck, Brandon Sparks did them no good. Furthermore, the whole OSCO and the FBI could rebut any testimony about Kronk! The State would simply ask LE and the FBI why they didn’t pursue Roy Kronk, and they’d say because there was NO CAUSE to go after him! There was zip, nada, nothing in his actions that would draw suspicion, in my opinion. 🙂

7. Venice
    Dec 20 2010

Kronk looks nothing like Zanny.

8. Dec 20 2010

LOL! Good one, Venice! 🙂

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )