December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas Roy Kronk!

Roy Kronk, a hero to so many for finding the whereabouts of Caylee Anthony’s final resting place, may be let off the hook – not pursued by the Casey Anthony Defense team as a patsy to create reasonable doubt.  However, the much maligned defense attorney, Jose Baez, is saying, ‘whoa, not so fast‘ –  as if he’s not done cooking Kronk like a turkey.

Jose Baez had until this week to file a motion regarding his intent to use Roy Kronk’s supposed “prior bad acts” to create reasonable doubt in the case against Casey Anthony.  But, as of Christmas eve, there has been no sign of any motion suggesting Kronk will be treated as a red herring in this case.  However, according to Channel 6 News, a local Orlando news station, Jose Baez is asserting that the defense is still focusing on Kronk, and any reports that they have given up on Kronk are false.

It must be noted that given Judge Perry’s insistence to hold fast to deadlines in this case, it is doubtful the Judge will entertain a hearing on the issue of Roy Kronk now that the deadline has passed.  Though stranger things have happened, the Judge did seem resigned and did firmly insist that if Jose Baez wanted the Kronk matter heard, he had better file the motion for a hearing prior to December 23rd.

Given the fact that Jose Baez has troubles of his own as a result of the State of Florida requesting sanctions, it seems unlikely the defense will get its act together and persuade Judge Perry to hear a motion on this matter.

Furthermore, the defense recently filed several motions requesting to exclude witness testimony, but failed to make mention of Roy Kronk.

The recent motions filed by the Casey Anthony defense team request that the following topics be stricken from the case:

• Brian Burner’s testimony about Casey borrowing a shovel.  (This will come in – no way will this be excluded.)
  • A table knife found in Casey Anthony’s car. (Though a knife does not play a part in this case, its presence in Casey’s car may have significance.)
  • Testimony in which Casey was asked to point to an area on a map as to where Caylee’s body may be found. (This should come into the case.)
  • Any mention by the Anthony family that Casey has a history of lying.  (This will come in, so will her stealing since she’s now a convicted felon.)
  • Sexual relationships with Tony Lazzaro and Anthony Rusciano.  (Casey’s history with Tony Lazzaro should definitely come in.)

The motions to exclude the above can be found at this link.

With all these items to discuss, it looks as if the month of January is going to be quite interesting indeed.

The next hearing in the case is scheduled for Monday, January 3, 2011.  Should be a big day!

1. Venice
    Dec 27 2010

Thank you Andrea for giving Mr. Kronk some respect and compassion. jbmission blog has demonized this innocent citizen, and I just can’t believe what I read there. I would like to hear their facts on the relationship between Casey and Kronk, rather than the libel about his past.

2. Dec 27 2010

Hey Venice, I feel as you do about Mr. Kronk. He was being held up as a possible suspect without any evidence whatsoever. I listened to Mr. Kronk’s interviews with LE and he came off as a very kind and conscience individual who, thank God, was not dissuaded in finding out the truth about what he saw in the woods. I believe he is Caylee Anthony’s angel on earth, and because of him, we know more of the truth about the horror she suffered.
    No one should blame Mr. Kronk for anything in this case; he is not on trial, Casey is. Until there is actual evidence that Roy Kronk may have “prior bad acts” in his past, it is not productive to discuss him as a suspect, or patsy, in this case. That is what I believe. I am not familiar with the jbmission blog that you’re referring to. Is this a blog written by the defense? If so, I understand they may want to float all kinds of stories out there…. LOL!

3. Venice
    Dec 27 2010

No…it’s not written by the defense. Read there sometime.

4. Dec 27 2010

I just went to read the post you mention, and I have seen this blog before, but it’s been a long while. I am familiar with all the points that JB makes, but it is not evidence of anything with regards to this case. However, given Roy Kronks supposed history (and I believe it has all been twisted by people in Kronk’s life who want their 15 minutes of fame), it is understandable that the defense would want to make something out of this. But, we have to realize that this stuff about Kronk will all be disproved and Baez would have egg on his face in trial. It is a non-issue.

Furthermore, if this (Kronk) were truly a relevant theory, then Baez would have acted on this long ago. That’s another reason why I don’t buy it. I think LE found nothing with regards to Kronk. There was no decomposition in Kronk’s car. It’s just too random a theory to be plausible.

5. Venice
    Dec 27 2010

I couldn’t agree more. Common sense and logic come into play HUGE within this case! Use it people!

6. weezie
    Dec 28 2010

Can I ask a question? Whatever happened to Kronk’s mouthy son? Didn’t he also try to confirm that his Dad was not a saint and in fact overheard him saying something about Casey? If anyone can enlighten me on this I would be most appreciative.

• Dec 28 2010

Hey Weezie! Hope you’re having a great holiday. 🙂

I think you’re talking about Brandon Sparks. He was deposed by the defense in the hope that he’d be able to give the defense some scandalous information. Apparently what he had to say was of little value because the defense dropped that angle. I don’t know any more details than that, but will look for additional info…. hugs!

• Dec 28 2010

Weezie, here’s a link with information and a tape of Brandon Sparks speaking about his father. The only discrepancy I hear is that Brandon Sparks is suggesting that Kronk found the skull in November, but he’s mistaken, obviously. Here’s the link. http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-national/casey-anthony-case-son-of-former-meter-reader-roy-kronk-interviewed-by-defense-video?render=print

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w