January 27, 2011

george and cindy – sitting ducks?

Again today, there was no news of note in the Casey Anthony case.  So, I did a little digging into the discovery on the WFTV website and I found some very interesting tidbits that I’d like to share.

I was re-reading a Supplemental Report written by Yuri Mellich and released in the April 6, 2010 discovery release.

In the Supplemental Report of April 2010, Yuri Mellich discusses the interviews with Robyn Adams.  A conclusion is drawn in this report that says the following, just as I suspected:

Robyn Adams spoke with Casey Anthony the day Caylee Anthony’s remains were found (December 11th, 2008).  After a chaplain informed Casey Anthony of the recovery, Casey Anthony told Robyn Adams law enforcement had found the body of a small child with a baby blanket inside a black garbage bag.  As a note, the information regarding the baby blanket and black garbage bag was not made known to the jail chaplain so Casey Anthony had knowledge of items only the suspect, certain law enforcement personnel and the certain medical examiner’s personnel knew.

I have read the transcript of the two interviews the FDLE had with Robyn Adams.  She had no idea that she was revealing anything when she discussed that Casey Anthony told her they found remains in a black bag with a baby blanket.  That is precisely why Robyn Adams testimony will be so strong, and important.  Robyn had no idea of the import of what she was saying.

Note: In the discovery that is to be released tomorrow, it’s reported that there will be a recording of Robyn Adams’ police interviews.

George and Cindy

As I was reading various reports and transcripts over the last couple of days, it dawned on me: The Orange County Sheriff’s Office are building a case against the Anthony’s.  Now, I have no way of knowing if this is actually what is occurring, but I can’t get past the fact that much of the investigative discovery released to date has to do with George and Cindy!

On the other hand, perhaps a reason George and Cindy are the focus of much of the investigative reports, is due to simply documenting their many inconsistencies.  Perhaps the intent is to impeach them on the stand, or charge them with perjury.  Either way, I have a real suspicion that when Casey’s case is said and done, there will be obstruction or tampering charges, or they will be implicated somehow in the murder, after the fact.

In the supplemental report (link provided above), a great deal of effort is placed on following up on the claims of George Anthony’s relationship with River Cruz.  I don’t doubt that River Cruz’s revelation that Caylee’s murder was, according to George, “… an accident .. that snowballed out of control,” is a critical factor in developing a case against the Anthony’s. This statement tends to prove that George Anthony was aware of what happened to Caylee.

The thought that George and Cindy would be working against their granddaughter is mind-boggling.

They have both lied to the Police and to the FBI.  You can’t lie to the FBI and get away with it!

As far as Cindy Anthony goes, there are countless lies, too many to list here.  What is troubling is her attempt to manufacture reasonable doubt for her daughter.  For instance, she made statements to the Detectives about having Zanny’s phone number; she fabricated a story about hair straightener that Zanny supposedly gave to Casey (that is even on one of the jail videos – Cindy “telling” Casey the hair straighter was Zanny’s), home videos, toys, etc., all belonged to Zanny, said Cindy.

It is one thing to love your daughter, it is a whole different thing to lie to cover up for her, or to manufacture stories and events, hoping they will play out as reasonable doubt.  I don’t know what kind of crime that falls under, but surely appears criminal to me, especially since they KNEW the truth!

Lee

There is no doubt in my mind that Lee Anthony realized the trouble he would be in should he continue down the path of lies and deceit with his parents.  Lee Anthony has use-immunity, I believe.  This means that Lee Anthony is protected against self-incrimination.  However, if memory serves, I believe he lied at the Morgan Civil deposition.  (I will have to go back and listen to those videos again to pinpoint any instances.)

Regardless, Cindy and George all along have been coasting down a very slippery legal slope.  I feel they will both be charged with something in this case, but it will only occur after they testify, since the State needs them as witnesses to rip apart any credibility they have and to show Casey in a worse light.

If the State charged them now, or even hinted at charging them, it could preclude their testimony against Casey, as they wouldn’t want to incriminate themselves by testifying.

Time will tell if George and Cindy are sitting ducks, or if they will be sitting pretty.

1. Sherry
    Jan 27 2011

I’ve been saying it since it came out that Cindy pulled a fast one on the FBI concerning the hairbrush that they will be next after Casey’s trial is over.

2. Jan 27 2011

quack quack

😉

• Venice
      Jan 27 2011

waddle waddle

• Jan 28 2011

hehehehehe

3. Jan 27 2011

Andrea, Lee got use immunity when he was deposed by the state attorney. Anything he said in the deposition could not be held against him. Let’s say that they found some tangible evidence that showed Lee may have been involved in aiding and abetting in the crime, he can be charged. Laura Buchanan got used immunity when she engaged an attorney from Florida and travelled to Florida for her deposition. That is the only way she could get use immunity was by coming to Florida. You cannot get use immunity if you are deposed via Skype. Anyhoo, if Laura falsified or conspired to falsify a TES document, she can be charged. The evidence to charge someone who was given use immunity has to be separate from their testimony. I know what I want to say but it is hard to explain it. It you look up use immunity, it explains it quite well.
    Someone who aids or abets in the commission of a crime can be charged with being an accessory after the fact. Feel free to correct any of my mistakes. It has been a hectic day.

• Jan 27 2011

Thank you so much for explaining these things….. However, I thought that use immunity would follow you after your depo into the being a witness, too? I think that if they found out additional things that Lee may have been involved with but didn’t admit to, that is when he’s not covered by use immunity? Hmmm. I’ll have to check this one out! yes, that’s the term I was searching my tired brain for: Accessory After the Fact! I would not be surprised if George and Cindy are being considered with that charge, down the line. I often think that it is such a shame that the two of them didn’t act like normal people, respect the law, and keep quiet about everything. What a terrible hole they’ve dug them selves into.
      I wonder what’s going on with Laura Buchanan, now that you mention it. Haven’t heard much about that situation either…..

4. midgesmom
    Jan 27 2011

I read on the ch13 website earlier that alot of the Doc Dump pertains to Laura Buchanan possibly as much as 700 pages ! tomorrow will be a very busy day with lots of reading to do.

• Jan 27 2011

Hey Midgesmom, that’s fantastic! Thanks so much for that info. 🙂

Wow, we sure will have a lot of reading to do – maybe some of it will be audio tapes….save our tired eyes on a Friday!

5. weezie10
    Jan 28 2011

Who is Laura Buchannan? Is there any live court today?

• Jan 28 2011

Laura Buchanan is one of the searchers. There is a lot of discovery to go thru regarding her relationship to the case….. There was a forged EquuSearch form that the searchers used to document where they searched, who they searched with, what they discovered, etc. On the form in question, it is believed that she created the document – not sure why – perhaps to insert herself into the case… There’s a lot I don’t know about this part of the story…

6. weezie10
    Jan 28 2011

Lies upon lies. Because it has taken so long to get to trial we now have George and Cindy as part of the murderous trio? Please, let’s keep cooler heads. We know they lied, and a lot, to coverup what they had said earlier about the death smell in the car. They were scrambling to save Casey, that’s all. Well, that’s enough, more than enough for them to get some kind of punishment, but really all this talk about coverup of the crime is silly and childish. They covered up evidence that would link Casey to the murder, that’s all, plain and simple. Andrea, as you said earlier in another post, it’s not reasonable to think this. And it’s not. Why would Casey keep mum about her parents involvement, but to save them? REALLY, and when did she get so committed to doing the right thing? NOT. There are no tears from Casey, except for herself and her predicament. When she cried to Robyn, it was because she just wanted to go home, where Mommy would make it all better. Her boo boo would get taken care of, just a little cholorform and a big laundry bag, covered in plastic. That should it, there you go, all better now. Lee will take care of the rest. ARE YOU GUYS DREAMING? hmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Jan 28 2011

Oh, I don’t think that George or Cindy had any involvement in the crime at all, I think the opposite is true. However, they are dissembling and trying to all kinds of things behind the scenes, and I do believe that there is interest in holding them accountable in some way. You or I would never get away with the things they have done…. I tend to think they won’t either, after all is said and done.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )