March 9, 2011

random rants

We all have our own personal things to rant about with regards to the Casey Anthony case, right?   I have quite a few raging rants, but tonight I just need to rant about some things that I forgot to mention in my last few posts – just random things that made my blood boil during the recent Defense motion hearings.

Cindy Anthony….

…said she recalls Yuri Melich’s initial interview with Casey lasting about an hour.  (I am referring to the initial taped interview that Yuri did after reading Casey’s police statement.)  In addition, Cindy testified that Yuri’s tone of voice was intimidating and demanding of Casey.  Nothing could be further from the truth!  When Linda D. Burdick asked Cindy if she knew the interview was taped, it was a classic “gotcha” moment!  Cindy almost choked and her expression was priceless!

When Judge Perry hears this interview with Yuri and Casey, which is only 19 minutes and 7 seconds long, he will hear the soft and extremely calming tone that Yuri had!

During Cindy’s first day on the stand, there was a moment when Ms. Burdick, referring to the Anthony home address, misstates the address as “Hope Springs”.  Cindy curtly corrected her by saying, “Hopespring.”   Ms. Burdick then says, “Whatever.”  And, oh, Cindy was furious!  The look on her face was priceless and reminiscent of the Morgan deposition in the Zenaida civil case when Cindy said, “… you’re cute but you’re not a 10”, (referring to Zenaida).

At one point, Cindy is talking over Ms. Burdick, and says “Linda this is very unsettling to me.”  The Judge stops Cindy, who then turns to the Judge and says “it was because of her tone of voice”, like she was a school girl complaining to the teacher.

George Anthony….

My biggest rant is a statement that George Anthony made about John Allen.  He said, referencing how Sergeant Allen speaks, “He’s got a stutter.”   Huh?  That’s not true and it’s such an awful and mean thing to say!  That made me so darn mad!

Anyway, those are a few of my most maddening rants from the recent motion hearings.

1. Mar 10 2011

Oh, now, we know that the Anthonys are passive aggressive. I’m glad you stated what it was that Cindy said to the judge-I kept missing it everytime I played it back. I’m deaf in one ear and can’t hear out of the other one! 😆 eh? Whaddya say?

2. mary in michigan
    Mar 10 2011

Gads, we all know the Ant’s have’nt got any class, they can’t even fake it!!

• Mar 10 2011

LOL Mary in Michigan…. how true! That’s a sure sign that someone is devoid of class – they are so twisted they likely can’t fathom how to act.

3. Mar 10 2011

I could be mistaken, but didn’t Cindy write to Casey awhile back telling her that George and her were getting counseling? WOW! If that is true, they certainly need a new counselor because this one isn’t helping them to direct their anger at the proper “PERSON”.

• Mar 10 2011

Yes! I think you’re right, Shyloh…. I do remember reading that in one of Cindy’s letters, though I can’t remember if it was just George, or both George and Cindy.

Love Jon’s comments!! LOL!

4. jon
    Mar 10 2011

Hi Andrea: everything the A’s do is annoying and grating to me. I can’t stand watching them any longer. I really hope they try some of their smarmy attitude at the trial and that the Judge cites them for contempt.

Shyloh: I can only imagine what a counseling session with C&G would be like! Cindy would spend most of the time telling the counselor how to run things and by the end, the counselor would probably have to make a call to his/her own counselor for an emergency session.

• Weezie
      Mar 11 2011

You really made me laugh at that one Jon. You are too funny for words.
      I can just see Cindy behind the desk while the Doc. is on the couch and George waving a feather fan over Cindy, while making faces to the Doc. with his smarmy eyebrows.

• jon
        Mar 11 2011

great picture Weezie. Of course, the counselor would be in a three piece suit (presuming it’s a male), Cindy in her sandals; G in an old shirt and Lee would be waiting in the car outside in shorts and his tube sox.

• Weezie
        Mar 11 2011

Let us not forget that NO GUM CHEWING IS ALLOWED in the Dr.’s office, but for the sake of saving his/her life, the gum chewing by Cindy & George resumes, as the Doc. trys to count sheep and get the hell out of the nightmare that’s before him/her.

5. Hilde
    Mar 10 2011

jon, so true 😆

6. Mar 10 2011

Cindy & George are very angry people and I wonder if this isn’t something that has been going on for much longer than this case.

George & Cindy need to check themselves while sitting in court as well. The facial expressions and side comments are uncalled for and not very mature

Hi Andrea!!

• katydid
      Mar 10 2011

I agree about the anger…they have been angry for a long time and it shows. But, I have to wonder if this is not a plan to get back at KC. Think about it, if they behave this way at trial…they will surely put a nail in her coffin. That maybe their plan.

• jon
      Mar 11 2011

I think their anger is very deep seated and has only reached the boiling point with this mess. It will be interesting to see how long this marriage lasts after the trial. I can’t imagine (from what I’ve seen on TV and read about them) that there’s anything between them at this point, emotional or physical. Oh God……….there’s a new vision for us: C&G having sex! I’ll bet Eggy on Eggtreenews could have a ball with that one! Now I just have to try not to think about this while I’m having dinner tonight!

Have a good weekend everyone. I take Casey-free weekends and don’t check the blogs.

• Weezie
        Mar 11 2011

Jon; No wonder you have your alert humour on during the week! No Casey on the weekends. Now that’s what I call putting on the SPAM blocker. lol

• Mar 12 2011

LOL Weezie! Your comments are priceless…. Spam blocker!!!!

7. Mar 10 2011

hi andrea the anthonys need to stop making facial expressions in the courtroom.they also should be kicked out when they are seen chopping gum my lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!dont they ever get tired of chewing?maybe they dont brush their teeth makes one grap gum to chop but they are the only ones doing that.do they have special treatment dont think so but why do they think they are important?they belong where there daughter is hope they go.l cant stomach them anymore they make my stomach turn upside down.cant wait until this is all over with.these people need help all the family.all they do is uncalled for but they continue to do so.later folks.

8. Kimberly
    Mar 10 2011

The Anthony’s, I just can’t figure them out. I think that’s what was so maddening for me in the beginning. Do they love each other or do they just want to hide the dysfunction of the family. I really want to know what happened in this case. Watching them is very hard, especially the arrogance when it is so misplaced. I suppose we will see more priceless looks from all them as the facts unfold before them.

9. Rob
    Mar 10 2011

Hi Andrea, People like the “No Class Anthony’s” is the reason why the phrase ” The Ugly Americans” was coined. Emily Post would roll over in her grave if she saw the gum chewing mouth flapping Cindy in action. They have no respect for the justice system, the court, or the values of a civil society. Morality and the truth are strangers to this family. Is it any wonder Casey behaves as she does? I understand their standing by Casey, no matter the circumstances. However,………. the deceit and lies, they spin are unconscionable.

• Mar 10 2011

Hey Rob….I sure agree with you about the Anthony’s being the description of “ugly American.” They think it’s their right to act outside of the law – they have no appreciation for the law – it’s not for them…LOL!

10. Mar 10 2011

Hi *Andrea
    My gripe is all of yours and a few more! I hate how Casey can’t keep her hands off men in court and they eat it up. It used to be just Baez, but now she’s coming on to Mason too and that nauseates me even more. They both have to know that she is sick. And that furiously writing she does makes me want to slap her, and that in court babysitter is very annoying too, especially when they giggle/whisper together! Casey must have whined to Baez that she hates being alone there when he has a sidebar, so he gets one his gophers to babysit her.

• Mar 10 2011

Hi Diana! Oh my! I forgot about the touchy-feely stuff going on as she sits there between the men… it is gross. I also noticed how whenever the lawyers get up to go to the bench, someone immediately sits with Casey. My initial thought was to avoid one of the bailiffs having to stand over her and keep guard. But, I bet you’re right that Casey most likely hates to be alone there. I am sure they will do this during the trial, too. The appearance of someone in uniform standing over her would be something they’d sure like to avoid, I’m sure….

• jon
        Mar 11 2011

I noticed the touchy stuff with Mason too. Casey must be getting super horny in that jail cell after all of this time.!!!!

11. Mar 11 2011

*Rob
    I think when the actual trial starts the gum chewing/head shaking from the accused murderers mom and dad will stop. I just can’t imagine Judge Perry letting jurors see this display of arrogance and ignorance from George and Cindy Anthony. JMO