March 12, 2011

the innocence team’s trickery

As a result of the recent release of discovery in the case against Casey Anthony, we learned the defense investigators resorted to trickery in an effort to recruit (fish for) people to turn into patsy’s.

Several of the Texas EquuSearch volunteers complained to the Orange County Sherriff’s Office about calls they received from defense investigators who allegedly attempted to pass themselves off as part of the State’s case.  This group of defense investigators would say they were calling from the Orange County Courthouse in an effort to get people to talk to them!

It’s pure desperation. Too bad for the defense investigators that few people bought it (bit the hook).

The OSCO found no probable cause to pursue a case against this obvious trickery.  It seems to me this was a deliberate group strategy, not a result of one rogue investigator desperate to find leads in the case.

When the whole team of investigators follows this prot0col, it is clearly a thought out and planned deceit.

Of course, anyone who has any knowledge of the Caylee Anthony case knows of the questionable maneuvering by the defense over the last two years and wants no part of it.

So, the Innocence Team must resort to trickery?

What ever happened to the truth?

1. Mar 12 2011

Andrea, all those PI’s saying that they were calling from the Orange County Jail should have been charged with trying to impersonate. “Agents for the State.” Just Kidding! I wonder if they used throw away phones so their cell pings could not be traced.

• Mar 13 2011

LOL! Good one, Jonathon! That’s funny! I bet having those throwaway phones is not too far from the truth, too. Plus, these dummies saying “Orange County Courthouse” is a little lame when most everyone these days has caller ID…

2. Mar 12 2011

It comes as no surprise with Baez as a lawyer. It makes me wonder what trickery beyond semantics that Mason knows! Its a shame that our justice system has become a game of who wins and who loses among the attorneys. Defense attorneys used to represent clients so that the state would not punish beyond the crime’s deservance (and to help the truly innocent through revealing the truth!).

• Mar 13 2011

I know what you mean, Sherry…. It makes one loose faith in the system when people skirt the system like the defense seems to do. I still have faith that there are good men and women out there who appreciate the adversarial system, but who also stand for truth, not trickery. I know that many Public Defenders and State Attorneys are friends, and though they can be tough as nails in the courtroom, they follow the law and seek the truth, versus trying to hide it.

3. Rob
    Mar 13 2011

Andrea, The defense is looking for more money for their PI’s. Hopefully Judge Perry will think long and hard before he makes a decision. I do wish the court would request some accountability for the nearly $300,000, Baez received prior to the indigency status. Biaez and Mason will continue to fish with tax payers money as long as they continue to get away with it. I do hope Biaez will lose his license to practice once this trial is over.

• Sharma
      Mar 13 2011

I could be way wrong, but didn’t they question Baez about the money spent early on, and said he doesn’t keep record of “billable hours.?”
      Is there any way they can make him accountable? And who is paying the income tax on that $200k?

• Mar 13 2011

Hi Sharma…. good questions! I believe (I’m not sure though) the JAC requires accountability with hours charged. Baez makes a big deal how he’s working for nothing and how long he works. I doubt for a minute that he’s losing money on this case…..

• Mar 13 2011

Hey Rob! Yes, I saw that they are requesting more money…. It seems that all the investigators are doing is no good. They pursued Joe Jordan, Laura Buchanan, the TES workers, and they’ve investigated George anthony…. it’s a lost cause. They need to focus on the case they have, not try to manufacture reasonable doubt…..

4. Mar 13 2011

Andrea, yes, they said Orange County Courthouse not the jail, my faux pas. The defense and their PI’s are such honest and upright law abiding citizens, not. I wonder if that falsified TES document will be pursued and someone will be charged for tampering with evidence. I just hope all these issues will not be swept under the rug.

• Mar 13 2011

Hey there, Jonathon…. I bet they are pursing the case of tampering with TES documents and I wonder, too, what will come of it. I want to know, also, what will become of what Brad Conway said…. Gosh, when this case is all said and done, the fallout from it is going to be as interesting as the case itself!

5. CptKD
    Mar 13 2011

In all of my years, dealing with Police, low ranking to high, Officers of the Court, Attorneys, Innocent and Guilty individuals, I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE WHAT I HAVE WITNESSED THIS DEFENCE TEAM DO TO A JUSTICE SYSTEM. Though a defence team must pull their evidence together however necessary, where it comes to using illegal and crooked means, there should definately be severe and drastic measures to rectify and bring resolve to the CRIMINAL activities they’ve employed! Done deal\Bar none!

• Mar 13 2011

Hey CptKD… Man, I sure hear ya’ and agree. The jury will see right through the defense tactics! I really think that it will all come out after the case is tried… there will be so much fallout, and accusations, and more drama to last another year! LOL

6. CptKD
    Mar 13 2011

It has become quite obvious, that INNATE ANTHONY is GUILTY as all get out, and they haven t got a darn shred of evidence to prove to the contrary. I have complete TRUST, that once her ship sinks, Baez’ broken boat is going down right in after her’s. . . Let them both, including Mason, Medina and their PIs too, sink as low as the tactics they resorted to, to try and attack the innocents, including Caylee, while attempting to defend this POS – It makes my blood boil. Like RAPID BOIL! CptKD

• Mar 13 2011

Thank you, Lona. I intend to do just that. It’s good of you to share the link. 🙂