March 17, 2011

sad day for OCSO

Det. Michael Erickson

It is so horribly sad to learn of the untimely death of OCSO Deputy Detective Michael Erickson.   Although it’s oftentimes difficult to find words at times like these, words of sympathy are sadly extended to Deputy Michael Erickson’s family – his wife and two boys – and to his fellow OCSO colleagues.  Update:  I have been told that Detective Erickson is survived by his wife, three sons, a daughter and three grandsons.  ( I do apologize for my error. )

Detective Erickson was scheduled as a Prosecution witness in the State v. Casey Anthony, set to begin in May.  Erickson interviewed Lee Anthony, Brian Burner, and others during the initial investigation into the disappearance of Caylee Anthony.

I have uploaded (below) a recording with Detectives Eric Edwards, and Michael Erickson.  Although Detective Edwards does most of the talking, you’ll also hear Detective Erickson.

Surely Detective Erickson will give Caylee an angel kiss from all of us.

1. Mar 17 2011

I am so sorry to read of this, Andrea. Thank you for letting me know

2. Mar 17 2011

R.I.P Detective Michael Erickson

3. Diana
    Mar 17 2011

Awww…..That is really sad to hear. They both look like a picture of health too.

4. Mar 17 2011

R.I.P Det. Michael Erickson!

5. Hilde
    Mar 17 2011

heartfelt thoughts and Prayers go out to Deputy Michael Erickson’s family-
    his Wife and his two Boys.

6. Krista Erickson-Miles
    Apr 23 2011

He is actually survived by his wife, three sons, a daughter and three grandsons.

• Apr 24 2011

Hi Krista,
      Many thanks for correcting this for me – I had no idea he was a grandfather, too. This makes it even more sad. I will be sure to update the post.

Krista, I don’t want to assume, but if you are related to Detective Erickson, I want to extend my heartfelt condolences to you. I am terribly sorry for your loss, and wish you all the best, always.

• Krista Erickson-Miles
        May 1 2011

Andrea-
        It is a correct assumption, he is my father. Thank you so much for your condolences and this article. It is much appreciated.

• May 1 2011

Krista,
        Thank you for letting me know. I am so desperately sorry – it’s difficult to find the words for such a loss. I understand what you’re going through and, as difficult as it is, somehow the ache does, over time, ease.
        When my father passed away, a friend gave me a card with a lovely poem/essay called “Life is Eternal;” and it was so helpful to me at the time and I’ve kept the card over the years – I keep it on my desk and it reminds me that, indeed, life is eternal and that loved ones really are not far away at all. I’ll post it this evening, for you and your family.