March 25, 2011

Training K9s to alert to the smell of a decaying defense team

Despicable.  Dishonest.  Deplorable.

Bombastic. Blowhard. Bully.

Are there any other words to describe the defense team in the State v. Anthony case?

Oh, you betcha!

There are dozens of words and dozens of ways to express the rotten methods used by the defense.  They throw slime on testimony, on witnesses, facts, and rulings in an effort to wiggle out of the dark pit they have found themselves in.  They have no case.  They have no case! Hello!  They have no case!  What are they doing – What is Mr. Baez doing?

The defense team needs to spend an hour in detention, forced to write on the blackboard: We have no case and we admit it. We have no case and we admit it.  We have no case and we ADMIT IT!

There is nothing more maddening than to see Mr. Jose Baez, not only make a total fool of himself, but to also put on a cynical and distasteful demeanor toward witnesses that are polite, well-meaning, and professional.  When I watch Mr. Baez at work, he reminds me of the stereotypical Vegas-character-gangster-lawyer straight out of the “Godfather.”

How dare he demean perfectly honest, perfectly professional witnesses?

Last night I watched the videos of Dr. Vass’ testimony, tonight I am catching up with Deputy Forgey’s testimony regarding his search of both the Anthony home, and the White Pontiac Sunfire.  Mr. Baez actually brought up the fact that the dog could have been thrown off by the smell of garbage in the trunk of the Pontiac. Yes, I heard it with my own ears tonight – the garbage sure could have been the source of that smell!

Was this particular line of questioning written by Attorney Casey Anthony?   Is she writing the witness questions for Mr. Baez?  I bet that’s it!  This is a team effort by the law firm of Baez and Anthony.  Or, no, it’s probably Anthony and Baez.

So, now we know what Casey Anthony is doing as she sits at the defense table writing furiously on her yellow legal pad!  She’s writing the questions for the defense!!!!

Is this why Mr. Baez asked a question about Grand Jury testimony?  Baez surely knows Grand Jury testimony is off limits, so it was probably Casey’s mistake, after all, she’s a new lawyer, we need to give her a little slack, right?

I bet it was at Casey’s direction to ask about how Deputy Forgey could forget that a blue car was in the vicinity of the white Pontiac when the K9 alerted to decomposition.  You see, Deputy Forgey didn’t mention this blue car in one of his statements – naughty naughty Deputy Forgey – you really goofed!  And you know what else probably happened?  Deputy Forgey probably LIED about the color of the car!  Yes!  That’s it.  Let’s prove the car was really GREEN, but Forgey says it’s blue, SO WE CAN IMPEACH HIM!  Well, sure!  That’s how we’ll win this case, by George!  We’ll just ask everyone who testifies to get off the witness stand and write on the flip chart the colors of different things at the crime scene.  Yeah!  And, if they call something orange that’s really red, then we’ll impeach them and prove they lied!  And, we’ll have the evidence to PROVE  it!  Yes, we’ll have the FLIP CHART PAPER THEY WROTE ON THAT PROVES CASEY IS INNOCENT!   Those flip chart pages that the witness wrote on will be entered into evidence to PROVE the witness lied about everything! Which translates to the obvious fact that Casey is  indeed innocent!

That’s the strategy, my friends!  That flip chart is the secret weapon in this case!  Oh, and this strategy was the mastermind of Attorney Anthony.  She’ll get all the credit for this.  Why, she may even write a book, or a handbook, like the one she read recently:  “Training K9s to alert to the smell of a Decaying Defense Team.”

Dr. Vass and Deputy Forgey should be commended for keeping a straight face and an even temper during what must have been a painful experience.  Kudos to them both.

1. Mar 25 2011

snipped:
    Was this particular line of questioning written by Attorney Casey Anthony? Is she writing the witness questions for Mr. Baez? I bet that’s it! This is a team effort by the law firm of Baez and Anthony. Or, no, it’s probably Anthony and Baez.

The way Casey was passing notes to Baez I am going to say yes to this one

• Venice
      Mar 25 2011

Well, Georgie said Casey owned her own company and everybody works for her. L O L !!!!!!

• Mar 25 2011

I think they began this exercise with Casey in the beginning to occupy her and keep her calm during upsetting testimony and it has now taken on a life of its own. She has deluded herself into believing she is part of the defense team, not the defendant.

Her clicking the binder combined with Baez’s pen will drive me batty quickly

and how RUDE is that anyway?

• Mar 25 2011

Hey Kim, Oh that pen clicking was so obnoxious! It was a result of his nerves, or incompetence. It also just occurred to me that Baez is being so plodding and slow with the witnesses for a reason – he wants to prolong the trial start date. But, Judge Perry is too smart to allow that to happen. They will work every Saturday until the start of the case! 🙂

• Mar 25 2011

Good! Make the lazy slug work finally! It’s about time!!

I think the pen is used as a distraction – Casey and the binder is plain idiocy

• Mar 25 2011

Yeap, I bet you’re right, Kim!! I bet he was purposely doing it to get on the nerves of the witnesses so they get so flustered they agree to everything – like you mentioned – they get so mad they just want him to stop so they say OKAY! I give up! It’s like water boarding with words and bombast!

2. Venice
    Mar 25 2011

LOL. Great Article! That was the ABSOLUTE WORST defense performance I have ever seen. Mason and Baez have really burned their bridges with the Chief Judge now. He has bent over backwards for them, and their K A R M A is coming.
    Other words for Mr. Baez:
    UNETHICAL.
    IMMORAL.
    INCOMPETENT.
    INEPT.
    CONNIVING.
    SNEAKY.
    RAT OF A SHIESTER.

• Mar 25 2011

Thanks, Venice…. And, I like your list, too! And, yes indeed, they have done themselves and their client no good, again and again but this one takes the cake. I found it even more despicable that it was C. Mason who wrote the damn motion. What a hypocrite! He’s worse because he should know better….

• Venice
        Mar 25 2011

You are so correct!!! Moonshine Mason should know better! Shame on you Mason! You don’t rank with Chief Judge Perry…..so go on, your wife is cackling for you.

• myra manes
      Mar 26 2011

Spot on, as usual, Venice .. 🙂

3. Mar 25 2011

The actual strategy is to repeat the same question over and over until the witness is so frazzled they simply ask Baez what answer he wants and they give it to him

It a good thing I wasn’t watching these hearings on my new flat screen tv

• Venice
      Mar 25 2011

Flat screen? I’m on my way…..

4. Mar 25 2011

C’mon over! Got lots of wine and pizza! We can rewatch the hearing and make fun of Baez

• Venice
      Mar 25 2011

Fun!!! I’m also bringing my poking stick. Oh Boy…this gonna be fun !

• Venice
        Mar 25 2011

Everytime Baez says UMMMMM, somebody takes a shot.

Bring your stick and I will get my cattle prod charged – you will LOVE that 😉

• mystymiss
      Mar 26 2011

Will there be any squirels on that pizza?

• Mar 26 2011

No, sorry – I gave up squirrel pizza for lent

• jon
      Mar 28 2011

Hey Kim. Just make sure not to put the left over pizza in the trunk of your car!

5. Venice
    Mar 25 2011

Looks like I’m passing out on your couch Kim….

plenty of room – just nudge Manfred over

• Venice
        Mar 26 2011

LOL!! Manfred will be having to nudge me over.

• Mar 26 2011

Man doesn’t nudge – he just plops and let the dog hair fall as it may

• Venice
        Mar 26 2011

As long as he doesn’t snore.

• Mar 26 2011

Manfred?! Snore?!!!

bwahahaha

6. Mar 25 2011

Yes, I do believe it is Casey running the show with Baez as her sock puppet. With Mason, she just threatens to hold her breath until he does what she says! 😳

Okay, I don’t seriously believe this but I’d like to so I don’t have to think that there are two men who went through law education and training, namely Baez and Mason, who are a mockery of the justice system!

I watched the interrogation by Baez of the K9 handler tonight and have alot of admiration for the deputy who kept his answers precise leaving no semantics wiggle room for Baez and co. to play around with.

• Mar 25 2011

He was adversarial Sherry!!

lmao

• Mar 25 2011

He sure was, Kim! How dare he not answer the questions the way Baez…er…Casey would have him! 😡

• Mar 25 2011

It was garbage, gosh darn it! Ask George – he has the recipe!!

• Mar 25 2011

LOL, Kim! And the defense is learning their defense of casey is a recipe for disaster!

• Mar 25 2011

Yeap! George knows his garbage smell! He’s stuck his head into Cindy’s nasty fridge enough times, ya know!

• Mar 25 2011

Cindy even admits to the dead something smell in her fridge!!

ok – ew

• Venice
        Mar 26 2011

Really, right?? George all gave us a virtual class on how to concoct the smell of death with an Arm & Hammer detergent bottle and fabric softners. O M G ! L O L !!!!

• Mar 25 2011

Hi Sherry! Me too, I watched it tonight also. And I agree, Forgey did really well and didn’t let Baez have any rope whatsoever to come back and try to hang him with.

What a great guy the Deputy seemed to be, too. I tell ya, Orlando has some wonderful people in law enforcement.

I wonder if you also got the sense that Baez has something really stupid up his sleeve about that damn car he was talking about – that the Deputy mentioned in depositions but not on his report….. The defense is even going to write a motion to get the Deputy’s Grand Jury testimony – clearly to impeach him, and it seems to be related to his memory or handling of the other car. Too bizarre!

• Mar 25 2011

Impeachment would be my guess. Good luck with that. The blue car doesn’t mean anything with this case, does it? Baez should have done his homework about training dogs to be full service and cadaver dogs. Baez sounded like he knew jack-turkey. HHJP could tell it, too.

• Mar 25 2011

Yup, Sherry, it’s too bizarre – completely desperate and so stupid it seems unlikely, but who the heck knows…are they so desperate they’re looking under every rock they can possibly find?
        Oh, and as a dog lover and owner myself, I almost lost it when Baez tried to make something out of the fact that the dog was distracted by urine of another dog! I thought that was a pretty big stretch…. anyone who knows dogs understands that’s what they do…. they have to check out the dogs who were previously there – I’d imagine that search dogs would be even more sensitive to smells of a kindred K9. My dog gets nutty when he smells a new dog in the neighborhood using this one particular spot that he likes to smell…..LOL! It’s really funny…. sometimes when my dog smells a dog or something that he really likes, he just digs his snout into the ground then plops right down and rolls on his back like he’s using the ground as a back-scratch-er. When he’s done, he’s covered in grass!

LOL!

Not only that, but how does a K9 get so distracted that they still can’t do their job in sniffing out a cadaver scent?

Dogs crack me up-they can smell another dog from half a block away yet they must stick their nose right in ……never mind…. :mrgreen:

7. twiglet
    Mar 25 2011

I was impressed but not surprised to learn in the two days of frye hearings that Cadaver dogs are better trained to do their job than Bozo is to do his!!!

• Mar 25 2011

Dang! I almost choked on my gum! 😆 Good one and true that!

Bingo!!

• Mar 26 2011

Yup, Twiglet… At least Bones and Gerus know when to sit down!!!!

• Mar 26 2011

LOL!!!

8. Mar 25 2011

Just wanted to pass this along from mainstreamfair~

Bill Shaeffer gives his opinion as to the stupidity of thinking about recusing HHJP.

• Mar 25 2011

ohhhh, that’s a good one, Sherry. Love that Bill Shaeffer – he tells it like it is.
      The fact that HHJP only was partially reversed one time is pretty amazing given the fact he’s been on the bench 22 years! And, all his DP rulings have been upheld, too. Wow. The defense has got to be really, really nervous… wonder what they’ll try next?

9. Sharma
    Mar 25 2011

“When I watch Mr. Baez at work, he reminds me of the stereotypical Vegas-character-gangster-lawyer straight out of the “Godfather.”
    My reply:
    Seriously. A car salesman. I don’t get where he gets the “cocky” from, I find myself embarrassed for him. A delusional car salesman.

Baez – like casey – is a wannabe

he will never be anything – but then again, neither will she

Good one, Kim! Love that…..and, you rhymed, too! 🙂 🙂

• Mar 25 2011

Oh yes! A car salesman is perfect… I just hate that self-satisfied little smirk he pastes on his face – Even when he’s doing so badly and getting sustained right and left, he’s still like a cock on the walk – strutting around like he’s so pleased with himself…. Gross, with a capital G

• Mar 25 2011

smirks, clicks and tight cheap suits

sounds like a bikini salesman to me

10. Mar 25 2011

omg – I did!!

lol

11. Swift Justice
    Mar 26 2011

Your report says it all……and thensome.
    Anthony & Baez Law Firm LOL
    REAL lawyers must be watching Jose closely and either laughing their asses off at his antics. But JB is bringing down the Legal Profession everytime he opens his mouth, thinking he’s so smart (NOT) with his stupid questions.
    Jose should’ve brought on the K9 and grilled him……LOL…..
    Oh wait….the dog did it……took Caylee to the swamp and buried her there.
    IMO Deputy Forgey and Dr Voss did a remarkable job at making a complete and utter fool of Jose…..but then again, it isn’t too difficult.

Purple Hearts and Medals of Honor for Deputy Forgey & Dr. Voss.
    They certainly earned it.

• Mar 26 2011

Hey Swift… Real lawyers are also looking at this case worried about the legal ramifications down the line. One attorney I spoke with said the JAC is rarely so generous to defense lawyers. If the JAC has only a certain limited allocation of funds, and using a lions share of those funds on this travesty of a case, then are other lawyers cases being equally compensated? I really doubt it.
      I second your nominations for Purple Hearts and Medals of Honor for Dr. Vass and Deputy Forgey.

12. katydid
    Mar 26 2011

Does anybody else want to slap that mole right off his face?

• Mar 26 2011

Or better yet, Katydid, can we slap Baez off of that mole? The mole might have been more effective… (I hate to be so mean, but I am mad as a result of these Frye Hearings! – that’s my excuse, anyway!)

• katydid
        Mar 26 2011

I think the jurors are going to have a hard time distinguishing being in a court of law or being at the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Clown College.

• jon
        Mar 28 2011

actually, I’d rather gouge it out with a Exacto-Knife!