April 16, 2011

48 hours – I can’t ignore it

Should I ignore the 48 Hours Mystery show airing tonight?

Over this past week, back and forth I go.  Yes. No. Yes. No.

It’s infuriating that CBS has pitched the show as a shocker, to generate interest, to titillate the viewers.  Just horrible.   But, I want to hear for my self what propaganda is used; what deceit will be presented?

I do want to hear what is presented to the “focus group”. What information did they feed the focus group to render their decision?

Will the show be an infomercial for Baez and Company?  What trickery will they attempt to get away with?  How gross will the blather be?

Maybe it won’t be blather.  Maybe it will be evenly presented.   I don’t know.  What do I know?   I only know that everything CBS has done to create and promote this show is an affront to our system of justice.

I am going to record the show and watch it later.  If anything, this may provide insight into the defense strategy – if they have a strategy.

I’m taking my mom to the theatre tonight to see a play.

The DVR is set to record.

1. Apr 16 2011

There you go. Get out and enjoy Mom and a play. Forget Casey for a while!

• Apr 17 2011

Thanks, Kim… We had a wonderful time. Went to see “God of Carnage” recently on Broadway. Hilarious – we laughed and laughed! It was a nice evening…:)

2. Apr 16 2011

Have a wonderful night!

• Apr 17 2011

Thanks, Sherry, you sweetie. We had a ball!

3. Venice
    Apr 16 2011

I am NOT watching. There are so many better things to do @ 10pm, like sleep.

• Apr 16 2011

lol Venice!!

• Apr 17 2011

I hear ya’, Venice! But, it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, but it was GROSS, it was also an illogical and ridiculous infomercial for the defense, who clearly have no defense except for George Anthony. It was curious that neither Cheney or Baez would confirm or deny that they would be using George…. I gathered from this, they are going to use him…. (unless they’ve changed their mind since the filming of the show.)

4. Weezie
    Apr 16 2011

I’m in bed waiting for the big floP. I want to be right in with the defence’s strategy, unless this is their moment to dupe the public and prosecution of their plans. Either way I find this a terrible slap to the democratic process. I wonder what tips the mock jury to vote Not Guilty. Yawn let’s get this freak show started. Andrea I’m sure you will not be missing anything you can’t view later much later.

• Apr 17 2011

I agree, my dear. It is a slap in the face of the jury system, but like everything the defense does, this was half-baked attempt, and managed to be much ado about nothing… What did you think?

5. Whistlersmother
    Apr 16 2011

So far there has not been anything that goes for the defense but there are 20 minutes left!

• Apr 16 2011

Nothing that makes sense on the defense side, anyways.

I can’t believe that Kobilinski said there was no DNA on the duct tape as if that matters! DNA decomposes-what a dope! And LKB would not answer the question if she thinks George would be capable of murdering his granddaughter. She said we will have to find out at trial.

6. Linda
    Apr 17 2011

Hi Andrea Hope you had a great time with your mom….. Like you I didn’t want to watch 48 hours, but I guess I am weak……LOL…..How many motions do you think will be filed next week? This is my take on the show. The defense is going to try to portray Casey as a loving mother who would never hurt her child and somehow it was an accident.. and was so afraid of her parents that she could’t tell them so she stayed away and blocked it out .LKB facelift looks GREAT…..but she still lying thru her teeth…. George is still looking for sympathy and cash…… Cindys meds are working, cause Casey is her best friend (NOT). Baez and Chinney Mission is looking for a plea deal manslaughter……Fat Chance…………I wouldn’t mind if they charged her with murder 2, then added on all the other charges, thats still about 40 yrs in Florida…… I think.. They never said if that was a death qualified jury..

7. Addie
    Apr 17 2011

OK, I’ll admit ( argh ! ), I got curious and watched “it” too ! IMO That show was so one sided and I still believe it should be illegal for it to have been shown before jury selection.
    Mason was his same pompous self. Baez was his same whiney self. G&C were their same “poor pitiful me and KC” self. KC was described as such a loving, wonderful person by all the above. Oh and lest we forget………. a NOT GUILTY Casey ! The pictures shown were pretty much what we’ve all seen ( add in a few of her “Mothering Days with Caylee” ). One thing of note is that I guess Cindy’s meds have kicked in because she has given up on the idea that when Casey gets out they are going on a road trip to find Caylee. Also, Cindy finally admitted to the fact that Caylee is really dead. SO much of the interviews with LE were reduced to only show Casey’s better ( ??? makes me sick to even type that word ! ) side. Like they showed the infamous jail house tape………. minus Casey’s shaking, violent “fit”. All the court room pictures of Casey showed her ONLY when she was dressed in higher fitting blouses, sweaters and OMG, always wiping a tear ! The video’s of disturbances at the Anthony’s ONLY showed the “nicer” George and Cindy, none of their “fit throwing” nastiness. I could go on and on. It was most likely a well paid performance and especially for those who are so objective of camera’s being allowed in a court room.
    I cannot see that this being called an “accident”, at this stage in the game could change the charges. Even if it was an accident………. why the waiting to tell anyone ? That in itself says to me Casey is guilty. Also, why in the world would she not admit it to LE by this time if it were an accident and charges possibly be lowered ? WHO with half a brain would sit in jail this long and not admit it was an accident or tell who did it, unless it was them ? Amazes me !
    Oh, I won’t even get started on the “Prosecutor’s don’t have one piece of evidence ” !! Makes me want to throw something !
    This entire show was just wrong, wrong, wrong ! I do hope the Anthony’s sleep well with that added cash flow. Nuff said !

8. Apr 17 2011

Thank God for Pam Bondi. She did the State Justice in my opinion. She stood up for what was right concerning Justice for Caylee. And she didn’t stutter her works or beat around the bush! She’s Awesome!!!

I am still blown away by LKB saying Casey lied and there was no nanny. And her actions are her worst enemy!

9. Addie
    Apr 17 2011

Shyloh, thanks for bringing up Pam Bondi ! In my fit of “mad”, I forgot just how good, sensible and sure of the case she was. I was so glad to see her so calm, collected and mainly unwavering in every word she spoke.

10. Apr 17 2011

Addie, you are welcome. I was trying to stay focused on the positive for Caylee. She was the only one that did that. The rest was bias and it turned me off the more I listened haha. My take is they justed wanted her off the Death Penalty charges. Manslaughter? UGH! No I say give her life. Death would be to soft for this woman. If let out. She’ll kill again and Mom and Pops my be on that list.

Sorry but if it were my daughter or son. I’d be scared to death to have them in my own home. But would still love them. Just not trust them ever again.

11. Apr 17 2011

Oh darn. meant just not justed wanted her off the death penalty charges

12. katydid
    Apr 17 2011

I actually forgot about it. My husband was watching Storage Wars on A&E….then he was watching something else.