April 22, 2011

when all else fails, change the story

It would have been a very Good Friday if Judge Belvin Perry had filed the remaining Frye rulings today.  For a while this morning, WFTV was reporting that, despite it being Good Friday, the Good Judge – the Good Trooper that he is – would actually file his rulings today!   It didn’t happen, of course, but surely we will hear learn Monday about these Frye rulings.

One thing we did learn today: the 48 Hours No Mystery Defense Propaganda Show was not enough press for Mr. Baez.  Now he is scheduled to appear in a soon to be aired In Session segment.

The Defense Team really needs this coverage now – they need to pepper the jurists minds with salacious spin.  Why?  The story must change.

Most people have heard something about this case – generally they’ve heard negative press that goes something like this:  A young woman’s child goes missing for over a month and she parties the whole time and probably killed her own baby.

Jose Baez needs a new story out in the public, and fast.  Will the new story be: A young mother, abused by family members, looses her senses for over a month after learning her family may be responsible for the death of her child?

Do you think that part of the defense strategy is to get a new story out in the public?

It’s entirely possible.   When truth or evidence fails, inundate the press, taint the jury pool, and twist, twist, twist the truth!    They are already succeeding – many people are aware of the “talk” with regards to George Anthony as reasonable doubt, right?

No matter how reprehensible or hypocritical – desperate times call for desperate measures.

It will be interesting to monitor the press in these last couple of weeks to see what story they are floating.

I’ll keep my eyes and ears open!

Don’t forget to vote for Yuri!  Once a day, every day until May 8th!

1. offthecuff
    Apr 22 2011

If the story changes to an abusive, murdering family, the Anthonys will have to be in on this change. They were in 48 Hours and they will work with the defense team to any extent.

So it will be interesting to see what story(s) they will be floating, but also the reactions and participation by the Anthonys to help pull this off.

• Apr 23 2011

Hi Offthecuff..
      Yeap, it will really be interesting to see what story is floated here and how deeply the Anthony’s go with being complicit in what ever the story is. I wonder if Cindy will throw George under the bus, too? Now that would be disgusting, if that happens.

• Weezie
        Apr 24 2011

IDon’t forget there is one other very important part to the fairytale, LEE. He will not stand by and watch the truth be twisted, not for Casey’s sake and certainly he won’t betray his own Father. It will never work.

• jon
        Apr 25 2011

Lee will cover his own rear end and I don’t think will either lie or throw George under the bus.

• katydid
      Apr 23 2011

I hope after KC’s trial is over we will have the Anthony’s trial.

• jon
        Apr 25 2011

So do I Katydid, esp. the Cindy obstruction and/or perjury trial. As I said before: The Anthony’s, the family that keeps on giving!

Can we also look forward to C&G’s divorce hearing, I wonder?

2. Apr 22 2011

I trust the jurors will see through any defense tactic. Besides, most people don’t care much for being played for stupid and that’s what the defense must do to “get” that reasonable doubt.

• Apr 23 2011

You got that right, my dear! The jury will smell the desperation, surely. Once they hear the state’s case, and the state rebuts the defense, it’s all over, in my mind anyway!

3. Linda
    Apr 23 2011

Hi Andrea I think LKB thru out the nanny story to squash the pink elephant in the room. Now they will move on to their next theory, its the families fault. Cindy won’t have a problem letting George take the blame, but if they go after her all bets are off…… I think Baez gives himself tooo much credit, If Caseys life was so bad why didn’t she just take Caylee and leave? She had plenty of friends who babysat for FREE when she had her fake job…….She could of gotten a real job like everyone else….. When the jury hears about her REAL life and what she did all day NOTHING….Drove a nice sport car that she didn’t have to pay for, free food and rent.. nice middleclass home, and lots of times a built in babysitter……Casey can spew her lies all she wants but I don’t think the jury will buy it…..I can’t wait for the defense to say how Casey was so afraid of her parents, then call their neighbor who witnessed Casey swearing at them and talking off in her car….and then George telling the cops how she pushed him out of the way when he went into her trunk to get the gas can saying to him heres you #$%^*&^ gas can….. afraid no…….EVIL yes..

• Apr 23 2011

Hey Linda,
      You could have a point there about getting that Zanny the Nanny elephant out of the room. In fact, I believe that her statements were well planned – isn’t she, in effect, testifying for Casey with that information???
      I think so. They think they’re being clever, but we can see right through their ploys…. Though it’s not so important what we see, it’s the jury that will have to see past the smoke and mirrors of the Anthony’s, especially Cindy’s motives to deceive. It’s going to be really interesting what story Cindy uses…. either way, she’ll be so impeached, she’ll be made into a peach pie!

4. Apr 23 2011

I am wondering if we the “no life bloggers” will find out if LKB was given permission by inmate Casey to tell the WORLD that she’s a liar and no nanny? That would be priceless if she just let that one float on by without Casey signing the GO AHEAD!!!

• Apr 23 2011

Hey Shyloh! You know, I would not be the least surprised if this was a story that was completely supported by Team Anthony. LKB was testifying for Casey… it’s part of the “new” story… It will be interesting to see how Baez continues this part of the story on the In Session show…. will he be floating and supporting this story, too? What new stories will he concoct? Will be interesting, indeed!

5. Rob
    Apr 23 2011

Andrea, it is a rainy morning here in Pennsylvania. I do hope we will see the sun tomorrow for the Easter holiday. Your article is accurate, In Session on True TV, will feature seven hours of the spurious Mr. Baez. What a hoax this interview will be. I saw a portion of his interview, where he stated the reason this case has caused such intense interest is because Casey is a young, white, attractive woman. What a charlatan he is. Could it also be because a beautiful, innocent baby girl was not reported missing for 31 days by her own mother. Also, the behavior of the child’s mother was so bizarre. The fascination of seeing a sociopath up close is not something ordinary people observe on a regular basis. That is the reason the Scott Peterson trial was on every news show, and that is the why people watch Casey Anthony. The extra attraction of this three ring circus is the crazy family, and the Machiavellian defense players.

• Apr 23 2011

Hey Rob! I sure hope you have a pleasant day tomorrow, sans rain for the Easter holiday.

Holy ravioli! He’s doing SEVEN hours of interview time??? Now, that is egregious. Speaks volumes about their desperation, doesn’t it?

You know, I also saw that In Session piece you’re referring to and was totally appalled at his use of the interest in this case being she’s “white, young and pretty” (I think that was it).
      That is HARDLY the reason… how about inserting some race into the picture, Mr. Baez??? how low.
      And I totally agree that it is because we have rarely seen a sociopath up this close and personal, or the crazy family, and that what drives much of the publicity. But, as we both agree, the public, first and foremost, fell in love with Caylee….. that is what sparked the interest, I think….

Anyway, thank you for your insight……….. I’m running now…gotta get to the hairdresser.

Happy Easter Rob, and everyone!

• Kitt
        Apr 23 2011

I know it’s already been said, but…..SEVEN hours?!!! Holy smokes! Is that 7 hours of AIR time? No way! Can’t be! Wow. Just wow.

As far as what my initial interest was in this case, what first caught my attention, was the very first, brief report I heard on radio while driving to work one morning; that a young mother in FL had not reported her daughter missing for 31 days. My daughter & I looked at each other and simultaneously said “WHAT?” I asked her ‘did they say 31 days?’ and she said ‘well, that’s what I thought I heard.’ Then I heard nothing more about it. Being in Oregon, it wasn’t a hot topic of our local news, and at that time I was heavily interested in all the political/presidential stuff (for the first time in my life!) I was tuned in daily to all that.

So, when the election finally happened, I veered away from all the politcal. I was surfing channels, and saw “Nancy Grace” on the list. Well, I had never watched that show, and kind of wondered what it was about. So I put it on. Oh my gosh. I had landed smack-dab in the middle of a horrendous story, and quickly realized ‘oh, that’s that story I’d heard about the mother who didn’t report her baby missing.’ So, again, my initial interest was the 31 days. I don’t give a hoot what this young woman looks like, pretty or not, or if she came from middle, upper, or lower-class family. Or the color of her skin. Thirty-one days.

Then, as I started watching that very first (in my life) episode of Nancy Grace, I was astounded. The behavior of the mother, the lies, the bizarre parents, everything was just so out-of-this-world and not to be believed. I’ve been on it since that very night. Couldn’t get enough info from just the tv. Started searching the inet, and came to find SO MUCH on this case.

As Rob said….”The fascination of seeing a sociopath up close is not something ordinary people observe on a regular basis.” So true. I was fascinated years ago with Diane Downs, which happened here, and her bizarre behavior. A true sociopath, and seeing it again in Casey. It’s frightening. Wow, this is the longest post I’ve ever laid down. Just wanted to say what initially drew me to this case. Peace!

• Apr 24 2011

Hi Kitt,
        I know…. 7 hours sounds absurd. Just think of all the excuses he can spew in that time!
        I was taken aback by the 31 days, too. And seeing Caylee sing, it was so disturbing and agonizing to see. I was (and still am) fascinated by the family, and all the characters in this story. And, I remember the Diane Downs case, too. She was awful!
        Thank you for your wonderful post, too. Peace back at ya…..

• Weezie
      Apr 24 2011

how does one get TRUE TV. on the internet?

• Apr 24 2011

I’m not sure you can get Tru TV on the Internet… but, I’m not sure…. I usually follow the local Orlando stations…WFTV mostly.

6. Apr 23 2011

Any change in the story that Casey SWORE too in written AND spoken form will require her to testify.

7. Venice
    Apr 23 2011

His desperation, in front of the cameras, just days before trial says it ALL! LOL!

8. Venice
    Apr 23 2011

I want to see what he promised us all 3 years ago…..”Casey is 100% innocent, and the truth will come out at trial”. What a MORON! LOL!

9. offthecuff
    Apr 23 2011

Yes, Andrea, the public fell in love with Caylee. Casey’s own selfishness, though despicable, is not so uncommon in America’s culture.

What I think sticks out in this case, Baez, are the big 31 days. How can a beautiful little person, such a loved grandchild, go missing 31 days? That is what people have a hard time wrapping their minds around. It took disinterest on the part of her family, a multitude of believable lies, and friends and lovers who simply didn’t care enough.

Casey could have easily duped us as well. but not now. And neither can Baez.

If the Atty declared Casey a nanny-liar, then Cindy is a double-nanny-liar. Whose phone number did she have, anyway? What about those nanny dogs? Hair straightener? Video tapes? Wait, I forgot. Cindy was on some messed up meds and not to be held accountable.

• Apr 23 2011

31 days

there is no explanation that will answer to that

10. Weezie
    Apr 24 2011

I have a feeling that we might see the pool be part of the twist. dogs definately were sniffing that area which came up on 48 hours. Is it possible that they would now lay the groundwork for Casey finding her child dead in the pool?

• Apr 25 2011

Hi Weezie. Absolutely. That is indeed something they want to float. However, even though Cindy and George can discuss the pool, their suspicions about it, etc., and maybe the defense could ask the medical examiner(s) about this possibility, the fact remains that if it is indeed true, Casey would have to testify to it. For them to provide any evidence about that theory (aside from Caylee’s bathing suit in her car), Casey would have to get on the stand and testify to it. I don’t think they would put her on the stand – she could not explain away all the lies she’s told, and it would be a disaster. So, in effect, I don’t think the pool will float as reasonable doubt (pun intended!).

• Weezie
        Apr 25 2011

Andrea; I;M thinking the dog trainer’s who are being questioned by the Defence could shed doubt on where Caylee died, rendering yet another problem, how did she get from there to the woods. IE: George covered it up to make it look like a kidnapping, and the car at \Amscot was left there as long as they could without causing suspicion. Isn’t that about as far fetched as you can get? I just have this sick feeling that Baex is going to try something very underhanded. If he can get Casey away from the dumping ground and Amscot, he’s got REASONABLE DOUBT. \There is going to be a lot of confusion about the chlorine, mark my words. Having said all that don’t think for one minute that I believe that. This is going to be a barn burner of a trial.

11. Apr 24 2011