May 5, 2011

the anthony’s as road kill?

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

First, Mark Lippman, the Attorney for George and Cindy Anthony – parents of defendant Casey Anthony who is charged with first degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee Marie  – wrote a motion to request that the Anthony’s be exempt from the regular rule of witness sequestration  and attend the trial whenever they desire.  The Anthony’s claim that family’s are given that right of access in the court – at least until after they testify.

However, I believe this rule applies only to next of kin relatives of the victim, not the defendant.  The Anthony’s are not next of kin to Caylee, though it seems Judge Belvin Perry was going to entertain allowing the Anthony’s to attend the trial.

It doesn’t matter now, anyway because Cheney Mason said today, “Not so fast, Judge Perry, don’t you mess with our two Patsy’s and allow them in the courtroom to hear our lies, I mean, our reasonable doubt!”

Oh yes, the defense filed a motion today to prevent the Anthony’s from being present in the courtroom.  (I tell you what, this whole case is turning out to be Shakespearean in scope!)

Here is the motion the defense filed today requesting the Anthony’s not be permitted in the courtroom!

Vrrrrroommm, vrrrrooommmm!

Do you smell that diesel fuel?  That’s the bus coming to turn the Anthony’s into road kill!

The only case the defense has at this point is to paint George as the murderer of Caylee Marie; add Cindy Anthony as a raving lunatic capable of a raging temper, and you have a the epic and dramatic story that rivals Othello, Hamlet, and King Lear combined!

Oh, yes, the defense needs this story to create the only reasonable doubt they have.  They need the heads of the Anthony’s on a plate!  Especially George – he has the most to loose – all of his indiscretions over the years – will it all come in?

Poor George.

As I’ve said all along, George is going down, and Cindy is going with him – but for all the wrong reasons.  They will be the reasonable doubt that the defense will attempt to float in that courtroom.

It won’t work.

It can’t work.

Or, will it?  No, no, no!

The Video Conference

Secondly, the Anthony’s recently requested video conferences with their daughter. Their attorney, Mark Lippman, filed a motion asking the court to intervene and seal any visits the Anthony’s have with their daughter.

But, here’s the rub: George, Cindy, or Mr. Lipmann didn’t know if Casey would go along with meeting with them.  (Was this just another fruitless attempt to get their stories straight?)

The request for a meeting with Casey has been out there for nearly a week with no response. Jose Baez intimated that it was Casey’s decision whether she’d want to meet with them.  But, Mr. Baez has not responded to Mr. Lippman, who smells a rat.

WESH reported today that Mr. Lippman is making a “public appeal” to attempt to move the defense and Casey Anthony to agree to a meeting.

Perhaps the Anthony’s wanted to meet with Casey to get their stories straight, and perhaps they also wanted to attempt to persuade Casey to back off of using them, and particularly George, as reasonable doubt?

If I remove my cynicism for a moment, I would have to admit they surely must miss their daughter.

WESH reported (click to read), that Mr. Lippman and the Anthony’s are going public with this request to see Casey.  Mr. Lippman opined…

I hate to have to do it this way. This is my last resource at this point.

Lippman pointed out that Anthony’s lead attorney, Jose Baez, has had time in the last week to appear at a public forum and do national television interviews, but lamented that Baez would not take the time to address George and Cindy Anthony’s request.

The bottom line is this: There is no way that Casey Anthony – video taped or not – would agree to see the parents she intends to throw under the bus.

George and Cindy have been deceived by the defense in such a big and wicked way.  I doubt they saw this coming; they thought they were allies with the defense – enemies of the State.

I wonder if they will end up changing sides?

Oh what a tangled web we weave
When first we practice to deceive.

~ Sir Walter Scott (1808)

1. Laurali
    May 5 2011

We could only wish they would change sides. They won’t. This is their precious monsters. No one gets to hold her accountable for any of her bad behaviors. Casey will use whoever or whatever defense she can to walk. B/M will do whatever to set her free. Even if the safest place for Casey is behind bars. IMO Casey told little lies that became bigger, because she could. Casey stole from Lee, Cindy and her Grandparents and never got punished until she stole from Amy. If she walks away from this crime unpunished I am not convinced she won’t do it again. It is time to stop Casey! She is truly a danger to society. Mason thinks she is a lovely person, I bet David Smith at one time thought his wife Susan was a lovely person. Look where that got him.

I am sick of Casey and her accomplices I mean defense team. 🙂

Thanks for all the great post Andrea!

• May 6 2011

Hi Laurali,
      I am really sick of all the lies, too. I’m sick of the posturing by the defense, I am sick of Mason’s bad manners and his ego-maniacal manner that tells him he must ensure Casey Anthony gets set free no matter if she’s guilty. That is not what the spirit of the law asks of defense attorneys. People who kill innocent children have to be held accountable. And I agree, Casey will go on to bigger crimes – I am sure of it, too.

And, that’s true… David Smith was blinded by Susan…. That sure was sad…

Thanks for the great post! 🙂

2. Rob
    May 5 2011

Andrea, Totally awesome article. I almost feel sorry for Cindy and George. What a tragedy this case is.

• May 6 2011

Hey Rob, Thanks so much – yes, it is really a terrible tragedy, and I almost feel sorry for them, too, until I think back on some of the things they’ve done…. but, I think we feel for their predicament – the sadness of it.

3. Diana
    May 5 2011

WOW……..How cold hearted is this monster? I’d be so done with this train wreck of a daughter if I were George and Cindy Anthony. She is a spiteful, evil, little bitch who cares about no one except herself. Jeeze

• jon
      May 6 2011

Hi Diana: Cindy cannot be done with Casey. To do so would be to admit her own failings as a mother and that’s something we know Cindy will NEVER do.

4. May 6 2011

‘Tis a dramady within the tragedy

I keep hearing from the expert talking heads that throwing George under the bus will not be a wise move. If that’s the case, I hope the DT uses that scenario! 👿

I wonder what the idea is for wanting to see Casey. My bet is to get the stories straight but the Anthonys want to see her after the trial, too. They can see her and it will be taped but so long as they don’t talk about the case or the trial it won’t be shared. They can go in there and tell casey they love her and we would never be privy to that. So, go visit her! Oh, that’s right, Baez says “no way” to that.

• May 6 2011

Okay, the whole comment was not supposed to look like that-just the first sentence, lol!

5. Linda
    May 6 2011

Hi Andrea I had to laugh out loud today when I heard the news….. but my take is little different…… Maybe the defense wants them to be seen as loving grandparents who wouldn’t stand by their daughter if she were guilty, Or they don’t want them exposed for what they really are. Liars covering for a killer……. Or maybe Casey doesn’t want them to hear all the lies she told her friends, thinking they would get mad and not support her….. Again you may be right cause the bus that went by my house today was popping wheelies……….LOL

6. May 6 2011

It is time, George. Time to stand up and be a man. Tell the truth for your beloved grand daughter. Save you ass at the same time.

Just do it, George

7. offthecuff
    May 6 2011

I’m not sure what the big deal is. Whether they are in the courtroom or not, they will hear the proceedings somehow. They will know what the defense is doing. They just won’t be able to fuss in court as the strategies are presented.

I don’t know if Casey even knows her parents want to visit with her. Any which way she is under the throws of her lawyers.

What is the big deal for Baez to answer Lippman one way or another? Does it make Baez look big and bad holding out a response? Doesn’t it make Casey look worse for NOT being willing to meet with her parents? In meeting with them, she doesn’t have to say anything she doesn’t want to say. She’s in complete control.

I just don’t see why the Anthonys are holding out for their daughter like this. Their agony will be just as great whether they stand for her innocence and get dragged through the mud, or whether they let the truth breathe and watch justice prevail.

8. GBinOKC
    May 6 2011

What? Now George did it? Well, get your palette and paint me foolish. And all this time, I was so sure the nanny had done it. I just don’t know what to believe anymore. Say, I heard a theory that sounds at least as plausible as any other the defense has proposed. Supposedly there was a strange, hovering craft outlined by bright, colorful lights that was observed in the skyscape one night in June of 2008. Suddenly, a beam of light was projected from the bottom of the craft, and Caylee, caught in the beam, began to float upward toward the vessel until, finally, Casey could see her no more. That was the last time she saw her daughter.
    “Yep, D-team, that sounds good. We’ll go with that one.”

9. GBinOKC
    May 6 2011

Baez: Casey, did you happen to take a picture of the unidentified craft?
    Casey: As as matter of fact, I did. Now, if we could only find that Nokia phone…

10. offthecuff
    May 6 2011

GBinOKC, very funny, yet somehow so plausible…and something that will appease many. No reason Casey is indeed innocent. Hey, at least it leads to reasonable doubt.

I hear that same hovering craft was in California round about Dec of 2008, and ended up in Puerto Rico at some point.

In fact, the aliens left behind some remains, but not Caylee’s, which were then cremated and whose ashes were placed into lockets. Some alien-transmogaled its voice and attempted to lead PI Casey to the remains.

11. GBinOKC
    May 6 2011

OffTheCuff:
    Even funnier! Yet, somehow, it all comes down to this:
    Poor Casey. Poor, sweet, innocent Casey. She just doesn’t understand what all the fuss is about. After all, Caylee died nearly three years ago, but Casey is suffering NOW. Why can’t everyone see that nothing is more important than Casey’s happiness? Why is everyone intruding in her personal affairs? It’s none of our business. After all, we’re lucky that she allows us to coexist with her, what with life being all about her. The warden should simply open the cell door and allow her to walk away. Yet everyone is hating on her. Life can be so unfair. Poor Casey. Poor, poor Casey.