May 24, 2011

enough to make you hurl

I wanted to hurl.

Hearing the lie upon lie upon lie from the lips of the despicable Jose Baez (who mangles the English language, by the way), made me sick to my stomach.

Mr. Baez told some story, didn’t he?

Baez took certain known facts of this case, which would have come out via the State’s case, and twisted them to such an extent that I found myself thinking, there is no lie too good for this man.  How low will this defense go?

We heard today how low they will go.  They will play with fire.  They will make accusations that are evil.

However, we must remember that opening statements are an opportunity for an attorney to explain their case as they would like it to turn out.

Things said in opening statements  do not have to be factual.

But, if the defense promises to deliver proof to the jury of what is said during the opening, they’d better stick to that promise, because the jury will remember these things.

And, sure enough, Baez already broke one of those promises when he failed to convince anyone, in his cross of George Anthony, that 1) he is able to effectively cross examine a witness, 2) that he has any proof of George’s indiscretions with his daughter, and 3) that George had knowledge of Caylee drowning or that George was complicit in hiding the truth about the “accident.”

Suggesting that George had anything to do with Caylee’s death is about as believable as suggesting that a bag full of garbage could smell like a dead body.

Speaking of which, Baez took a page out of Cindy Anthony’s book when he said the garbage in the Pontiac Sunfire, was the cause of the horrific smell.  Baez said, “the car was in the hot Florida sun for 3 weeks.”

Who’s Desperate?

Baez put on a show of total desperation.  Though Baez spoke of the desperation of law enforcement to blame the murder on his client, the allegations Baez put forth today were beyond the beyond of desperation.

I don’t know if I can contain my anger right now.  So, I want to say, first off, I was very proud of George Anthony for his toughness today.

Though, he did talk a bit too much at times, he did a fantastic job  keeping it together today.  I felt very sorry for George.

The Home Run

There were quite a few stunning moments today, the best of which was the moment when Jeff Ashton called George Anthony as witness number one!  Jose Baez clearly was not expecting this and he was knocked off his game – totally screwed his cross examination of George.

It was absolutely BRILLIANT of the Prosecution to call George first!  It was incredibly well timed and completely knocked the defense completely for a loop.  Jeff Ashton was a cool as a cucumber and as perfectly pitched as a anyone could be while he questioned George.  He was kind, respectful, and patient with George.

When the defense began to hint that George would be the fall guy, I thought that both Cindy and George Anthony would end up being prosecution witnesses – helpful to their side.   This may very well end up being true.  The defense will rip the Anthony’s up so cruelly that every one, including the jurors, will be very sympathetic toward the Anthony’s.

Of course, it is no surprise the defense would use the Anthony family as road kill, but I never, never, never dreamed it would be a vicious, as low, and as deplorable as what we heard today.

Caylee was never missing, says Baez, she drowned in a terrible accident.

The jury will be asked to accept the idea of Casey’s silence in the face of George’s intimidation of her.

Could any one of us even dream that Baez would say that George Anthony abused Casey to the point of fornication?

Who could even imagine these disgusting and reprehensible allegations, that we know are not true, could even be asked?

First of all, this “theory” of the defense is a result of Casey Anthony writing to her jail house pal, Robyn Adams.  Casey suggested to Robyn that Lee abused her sexually.  Casey told a few people about this.

Then, in her letters to Robyn, Casey does not say outright that George abused her, instead she tells Robyn that she’s having strange memories coming back to her that George may have also abused her.

Dreams.

I would like to know how the defense makes the leap of faith from a suggestion in a letter about a dream to now say, in open court, that when she was eight years old, George put his penis in Casey’s mouth?

Dear God, what could be more despicable?

Hell has special places for persons who would suggest such things.

Poor Kronk

The defense team, we now know, is not done with Roy Kronk.  But, Kronk will hold up.  I have no doubt he will be okay through this – well, I hope so.

Baez, incredibly suggests that Roy Kronk had a hand in hiding the body.

There are other things that Baez suggested today, such as:

• Caylee drowned in family pool
  • George assisted in disposal of body
  • FBI was so concerned about the father of Caylee, says Baez, they gave Lee a paternity test. When asked about it, Lee said he’d talk about it when the time was right
  • Follow the duct tape, says Baez, it will tell you who put Caylee in the woods
  • George wanted to take his own life because of what he did, hence the suicide attempt
  • Casey hid her pain, in a dark corner of her mind all this time

This jury will see through the ploy of a daughter so desperate to do anything to walk out of jail that she’d accuse her own father, the brother she adored, of the most horrible things.

As we know, the defense is desperate.  I have been saying for months that they have no case whatsoever and so must put the blame on George.

Of course no one believes for one moment that George had ANYTHING to do with the death of Caylee.

If all the things that Baez suggested today are true, how will they be proved?  Ah!  There’s the rub!  Not a bit of what he said can be proved.

The only way to get any of these accusations before the jury is to put Casey Anthony on the stand.  That would not work, we know.

So, this evil and sick lie will go no where, in the end.  Jose Baez will have nothing to show for the sick allegations he made today.

And, the last thing I want to say is this:

Officers of the Court should not lie, but they do.  Baez did.

1. Whistlersmother
    May 24 2011

I was floored by the story that Baez told today. Yes we all thought that the bus was driving this way but no inkling that they were going to throw George under the “dispose of the body” part of the bus. This girl is one sick puppy! I believe now that Casey is the way she is because that is who she is…nothing to do with Cindy and George. My opinion has done an about face of these grandparents, no matter what stupid things Cindy has said, she said them in order to save her daughter…now her daughter is doing doughnuts on both of them. All I have to say is to agree with Bill Shaeffer–“It’s over for the defense”

2. May 24 2011

Purely Despicable and Evil what Casey and Baez did today in complete desparation. They both have a seat waiting in Hell for them. Baez should be disbarred for lying through his teeth! Its all about winning the case, he is not seeking the Truth or Justice, yet I’m sure the “moonies” at JB’s Mission (for the sick and deluded) will be beating their drums about this and crying “Told you so! Conspriracy! Conspriracy!

Today, Baez skewered their defense, oh yeah, now the princess can claim ineffective counsel in one of her endless appeals due in the next 15-18 years.

• kathy mcferrin
      May 26 2011

Jose Baez is despicable and the only thing that worries me is that they have seated a jury who never heard about this case….?? One of the biggest cases in the past 10 years?? That makes me VERY nervous because stupidity is at a premium in out courtrooms…….Baez sounds like a moron…..but then I actually read and use my brain..I hope to hell his bullshit defense fails mightily …..I don’t know how these people can sleep at night..to do what he is trying to do to George..one of the only sympathetic figures in this whole horrible family….just despicable and makes me sick!!

3. Molly
    May 24 2011

He made me sick too. I thought he was disgusting.
    the duct tape story was just that, a tale. that was almost laughable.
    still don’t know how kronk would have come into this scenario.
    George’s suicide attempt. he wrote a letter yet never fessed to any of these allegations baez made today. this is usually the time that people clear their conscience.
    bumbling baez blew her dreams of bella vita away today.
    and how does he plan on proving any of this?

4. May 24 2011

Andrea, when Baez implicated George today, he may as well have given Casey the lethal injection himself. I thought at one time that George would go along with the sexual molestation and then plead the fifth. I have a feeling Casey thought so too until today. Today was a combination of sick and shocking. LDB did a fabulous job with her opening statements. When Baez brought Kronk into the mix, it was another fatal mistake. He tried to suggest that everyone was wrong and his client was right so to speak. It is not a good idea to put down law enforcement. Keep up the great work, Andrea.

• May 24 2011

Hi my friend! I sure agree with you – Baez made a mess of his case because there is no way on this great earth that he will be able to prove a bit of what he said. I have always thought that if Casey gets death, she will have Jose Baez to blame, and it’s turning out to be true, sadly.

Only a person with no soul could kill their own child; only a person with no heart could do such a thing to her own father; only a person wrapped in evil would align herself with a totally incompetent and deviant attorney like Baez.

it’s pitiful. poor george……

• kathy mcferrin
        May 26 2011

BOY I hope you are right..as I said in an earlier post..I fear a stupid jury…..

• May 24 2011

You know, I was afraid that there might be a reasonable doubt defense when Baez mentioned an accidental drowning. But then he went too far with implicating George and Kronk. And to top it all off, Baez says that LE did a lousy job of investigating just so they could focus on Casey! And that LE was involved in a cover-up and that’s why they didn’t investigate Kronk. Baez put all of his defense strategies, good and bad, in the mix of his opener. He would have been better off to have kept his mouth shut and let the State prove their case.

5. May 24 2011

This is very telling… from Caylee Daily

6. NancyB
    May 24 2011

Excellent post that sums up my thoughts and feelings about all of it. Really appreciate all of the time that must be involved in your wonderful blog!

• May 25 2011

Hi NancyB! Thank you for your kind comments… it sure does my heart well to hear it. 🙂

7. May 24 2011

“…Caylee was already dead..drowned in the pool…”, says Cindy

“Yeah, well, surprise, surprise!”,says Casey

Oopsie Daisy! Baez forgot about this interview! His head was on the pool ladder…er, maybe it was on Telemundo or him becoming Geraldo’s legal analyst.

8. Linda
    May 25 2011

Hi Andrea,, Did Casey and Baez really think George would fall on the sword for Casey? I was stunned today. I think Lee will be next then Cindy..I think Baez implied Casey learned her lying from Cindy, saying the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree,,trust me thats not going to fly. Cindy will be ready for him, we all know she does her homework. I wonder what Lee thought about today knowing he will be in the hot seat next.. Will he deny it?
    Casey is EVIL, I use to think she was a sociopath but after today I changed my mind. I now believe she is a Psychopath..She refuses to take the blame for anything.. Don’t forget Cindy called 911, George testified in front of the grandjury, and Lee betrayed her when he was working with the police. So in Caseys sick mind it is all their fault. Now she is going to make them pay.

• May 25 2011

Hi Linda,
      Oh, you may be right, he may have thought that George would have, but he’d be crazy to think it. George couldn’t possibly consider it and I’m certain his attorney wouldn’t advise it, either.
      Casey is EVIL…. What a foul and sick soul she is… she and Baez do deserve each other, don’t they?

• kathy mcferrin
      May 26 2011

EVIL is the correct definition of Casey Anthony…I am not a death penalty person generally..but in this case..I hope she frys…my God..this video..”why is she crying?”‘ Jesus..unbelievable..I hope they use ALL of these tapes…and fry that little bitch…