May 28, 2011

Hand stands

My niece is doing hand stands for me!

Today was a great day!! And what an incredible day in the trial today – Cindy did a complete about-face, didn’t she? I’m blogging on my phone…. It’s been that kind of day!

20110528-083711.jpg

1. Kitt

She’s a doll!

• Brandon bob

i agree…total doll 🙂

• May 28 2011

What a cutie!

• May 28 2011

awww, thanks you all. She really is a doll face! She’s the same age as Caylee – well, two months older…. Caylee is having her day in court…. there will be good days ahead for her. I am sure of it.

2. Brandon bob
    May 28 2011

was a good day of testimony for the state but I do not see how any of it would prove or disprove the elements of the crimes charged. Sure, it goes to show how cma acted before and during the 31 days but if i were a juror i would be looking at it open minded and saying yea this is what I heard from others that testified but still NOT ONE witness has testified to the elements of the crime. I still stand by prior statements I have made that I DO NOT see the state making a case for the death penalty. If i were a juror, I would need to see a cold blooded monster to want to vote for death or even LWOP. However, I think Cindy is probably the best witness they have had so far. sure

• May 28 2011

Hey Brandon, I see what you mean, but it’s too early yet; they are laying it out with precision. Bill Shaeffer, who I really admire, says the state is doing a “brilliant job” so far. My brother is a criminal defense attorney – has tried many, many death cases – and he told me tonight he watched some of the proceedings over the last few days, and is appalled at Baez’ work in the courtroom. He is convinced that Casey could have a successful appeal based upon ineffective counsel, if she’s convicted – and she will be convicted.
      I’m like you, Brandon, I couldn’t vote for the DP either. But, rest assured, as inept as Baez is now, when he puts on his own case, the State will wipe the floor with his witnesses and they will be helpful for the state.
      My brother said tonight, “Baez is the best co-counsel the State could have.”

3. Brandon bob
    May 28 2011

I meant…I DO NOT see that the state is making a case for the …… now maybe its coming and were not there yet but I just don’t see it as of right now.

4. CptKD
    May 28 2011

I never thought of doing ‘them’
    that way … LOL!

Now, I CAN go show-off to my
    niece and nephews, that their ol’
    Aunt can still do ‘Hand-Stands’
    too … LMAO!!

• May 28 2011

LOL CptKD, I used to do hand stands like a pro as a kid… now, I’d break the floor if i tried… 🙂

• CptKD
        May 29 2011

I used to be able to WALK while in a ‘hand-stand’!

That was a long long time ago, now –
        But I remember being able to, and it ‘awing’ lots of folks!
        Especially my ‘MOM’! LOL!!!!

5. Weezie
    May 28 2011

Andrea; glad to see you are enjoying yourself. You work so hard to bring us your articles, and now it’s time to enjoy the grandkids and try a handstand yourself. Or get that hula hoop going. lol.

Brandon Bob; Hello. I think you are right about where it sits at this point but it is after all only 5 1/2 days since opening remarks. The foundation is being laid and someone said on another blog, that the state should have covered the 911 tapes today rather than waiting till after the long weekend. It may be that Cindy starts to feel guilty for betraying her own daughter and does an about face on it. It sure is an interesting study in human behaviour. Casey just flipped today, which means we will have to suffer her testimony on the stand. She will never let Cindy get the better of her, NEVER.

• Brandon bob
      May 28 2011

i agree . there is no way the defense can win this case at this point without her testifying

• Brandon bob
      May 28 2011

i also get that it is early and I have a degree as a legal assitant so I get the process but still I would think the defense would come out gunning and I have not seen that

• Brandon bob
        May 28 2011

crap, i meant the state would come out gunning. cant type tonight lmao

• May 28 2011

Though a DP case has not been proven thus far, but what are your thoughts, Brandon bob, on the testimony of decomp in the trunk of the car?

• Brandon bob
        May 28 2011

If i were a juror, from those that have testified, I would be curious why neither George nor the operator of the tow yard called the cops if they were so sure for the following reasons:

a) Geo testified he had been a police officer and knows the smell of death
        b) tow yard guy (sorry cant remember his name) is contracted with the OCSD and knows the smell of death.

It baffles me how neither thought the police might be a good idea before moving this vehicle if they really smelled death. and geo dodging this question bothered me.

• Weezie
        May 28 2011

Are we saying that the child was never in that car?

• Brandon bob
        May 28 2011

i am saying at this point there is not evidence the child was deceased in the car. but maybe its coming..

• May 28 2011

I think we all agree that it was the dumbest move of all not to call the police at the tow yard. Good grief! It could have been their daughter or granddaughter dead! Turns out, it was their granddaughter~

Good question, Weezie! Thanks, Brandon bob!

• Weezie
        May 28 2011

Hey Sherry; Are you still commenting over at the Orlando mag? For some reason I can’t get into Dave’s blog… It says I am already registered but doesn’t let me in. Weird.

About the tow truck guy and George. Looks to me like the Tow guy didn’t want to create any upsetness to George and Cindy. They were already fuming about the charges. No excuse but once the car left his lot he wasn’t responsible for the auto or the smell coming from it. However, George and Cindy must have had a very bad feeling about the car. Wasn’t that the same day/ night that Cindy went and found Casey? Or what date was it they collected the car?

• May 29 2011

Yes, Weezie, I still comment over there at OM. I just click the link with no problem. You can post anonymously and leave your name within the post-that way you don’t have to log in.

Yes, that was the same day Cindy found Casey and brought her home. It was the next day that the car was impounded by LE for forensics.

• Weezie
        May 29 2011

Well then, what is everybody thinking when they say why didn’t George or Mr. Tow guy call the police. The very fact that Cindy & Lee scurried to find Casey meant they were afraid, very afraid that something had gone wrong. People are twisting the events to suit their emotional needs. George and Cindy never tried to cover up the car, we hear it in both their words to 911 and the LE. Sometimes I get so frustrated that people can make stories to fit their own agenda’s, likely due to blogging for 2 1/2 years and forming very biased opinions. It’s true people hated George and Cindy, but look what’s happening now! They could actually be representative of what a parent/grandparent would feel under similar circumstancces. However this is an ususal case. How many times do we see real evil before our eyes and still choose to deny it?

• Brandon bob
        May 29 2011

I will agree with you once the state puts on evidence to show cma is evil. I will agree that she is a murderer once they put on evidence to show this. so far they haven’t but it is very early on.

So far most the witnesses have showed me that cma was a thoughtful and caring mother that loved her daughter and her daughter loved her. I believe every witness has said that thus far and I bet Mr. Baez will elicit that from Cindy when he crosses her.

I have chosen to be opened minded to the case and pretend I never heard any of the media and weigh the evidence as presented as the jury is asked to. All i can say is it is early on and hope the state is just building up to it.

• Brandon bob

yw

• May 28 2011

Oh Weezie, it’s true… My hula hoop has been gathering dust lately… BUT, I am still loosing weight! I have dropped one size in my clothes…

You’re right, Weezie… the State is a Master Builder – they know that to build their house, they must have a solid foundation. I think that’s exactly what they’re doing.

Wasn’t that something to see Casey’s reaction today??? I looked at that tape a couple of times, and Casey is clearly hurt that her mother is testifying for the State, because she’s saying: “how can she do this to me?” And, something to the effect of, she’s my daughter, blah blah blah.

Does Casey think she can do such an evil thing to her father and think her parents are going to roll over? I don’t think so.

and it was really interesting that Cindy said she believed there was a Zanny up until 6 weeks ago…. It’s been 6 weeks since they learned of the defense’s plans…. Maybe that’s when the Anthony’s decided that, since the defense will now say that Zanny was a lie, so should they…..

• Weezie
        May 28 2011

Andrea, I have watched and rewatched that bit of tape. It’s so odd to see how the Lawyers always fawn over her when she gets upset. Perhaps it’s due to not wanting to show the public how unstable she really is, or they have fallen for her scam, because it’s not like they can get lots of money like in the O.J. case. I just don’t get it. I thnk they are worried about this latest meltdown though, and it would look so bad on Baez if she spilled another story on the stand, wouldn’t it. He would be humiliated and I wouldn’t put it past her to pull that prank, just to get back at everybody. I am telling you this little monster is on fire.

6. Weezie
    May 28 2011

Oh, Andrea forgot to say that little muffin up top is so cute. Lucky you, she must keep you hopping.

7. May 28 2011

Hi Andrea, your niece is simply adorable. Thanks for sharing her pic. she can do hand stands for us when we hear the word Guilty for Casey. It was a good day for Caylee. The State is peddling along and setting the stage and we will be wowed when they get to all the forensics and evidence in this case and Casey will be found Guilty.

8. May 28 2011

Hello to everyone here.

• May 28 2011

{wavin’ to Knight Owl and a chin scratch for Louie!}

• Weezie

WAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVING back

9. May 28 2011

Did you all see the fit Casey threw when her mom was leaving the stand? Priceless. http://www.wftv.com/video/28058178/index.html
    Now we know why Casey needs to be babysat. If not, we could be seeing some serious head spinning and tossing green cookies. As far as Cindy goes. She’s lied way to many time for me to trust her now. Although today I give her lots of KUDOS! But I am not convinced she will play nice.

• Brandon bob
      May 28 2011

don’t forget what the jury knows is that cma’s lying is one of the elements of their defense and this is what she was “taught to know” so if you were a juror this just fits the defense argument in a way

• May 28 2011

Yes, she did have that need for an exorcist look to her today! her mother did look at her today but Casey was looking down as Cindy glanced to her on her way out for the recess.

At 11 minutes in~

I’m not sure if this was before or after the meltdown. Dang! Somebody shoulda sent casey to the naughty chair more often when she was child! 😈

• May 29 2011

oh yes, Sherry…. I was waiting for the pea soup from Casey….tee hee…. Okay, bedtime for this girl… night all….

• Weezie
      May 28 2011

Yes she could flip next week after a long weekend of pondering what she just did.

10. Weezie
    May 28 2011

Sherry; Good one. I saw the whole tape of that part earlier and I know that the TEAM were shielding Casey from her mother’s glances and Cindy didn’t look over. I would imagine it was at the end of the day, Cindy looking over to let Casey know who was in charge. lol

11. sophie
    May 29 2011

I think the denial was so great that Cindy and George had to lie to everyone else in order to convince themselves of the same, that Casey did nothing wrong and Caylee’s alive somewhere. Granted, I cannot blame them for wanting Caylee to be the next Elizabeth Smart and suddenly turn up.

I think they now realize who their daughter ‘really’ is, and they aren’t going to let her take them down with her. They tried and tried to see her at the jail, and Casey refused. They tried to make eye contact with her each time Casey was brought into court in the past. Casey refused to look at them. And now Casey’s upset because her mom finally took the hint?

Too little, too late Casey Anthony. You reap what you sow. Caylee was the daughter George and Cindy never had, and I think they have finally figured that out.

• May 29 2011

Hi Sophie,
      Yes, despite the Anthony’s strange outbursts, and deceit leading up to the trial, no one can deny the hell they have suffered. And now, add to this they are loosing their daughter, have lost their granddaughter, and Lee and George will be humiliated in the process, has contributed to their about-face with the State’s case.

I think they now realize who their daughter is too, Sophie. Casey is getting a little shot of reality. What she is doing is pure evil – she killed that baby, we know, and the defense knows, but this is not the way to defend Casey. This will not work!

Maybe, just maybe, if a competent lawyer (one who is able to put together a coherent theory of his case), could make this defense somewhat plausible, but Baez is so inept he cannot come close to making this obnoxious defense theory work.

• Weezie
      May 29 2011

Very well written Sopie. I totally agree.

• Weezie
        May 29 2011

Let’s be careful not to start focusing on her Lawyer’s inability to defend a Lawyer but on justice for Caylee by punishing the person who deserves the lesson. Making Baez the town idiot only takes this case on a long winding road of retrials. NOT

• May 29 2011

If a retrial happens, it would be based on ineffectiveness of counsel, because Baez has no business being the lead attorney on a First Degree Murder case. There are a series of steps lawyers have to go through before they are qualified to try these cases and Baez has taken NONE of those steps.

The argument may be that Mason being in the courtroom shields Baez from the rules of being qualified to try First Degree murder cases. I don’t know. I only know for a fact that Baez is lead attorney and he is not death penalty qualified and it shows, big time!

12. Weezie
    May 29 2011

i meant inability to defend Casey but……