June 8, 2011

84 deadly searches for chloroform

I’ve just finished watching most of today’s testimony in the State of Florida v. Casey Anthony trial, in Orlando.  Today’s testimony did not disappoint, and it continues to go down hill for Casey Anthony and her hapless defense team.

First on the witness stand today, the State called another Cadaver dog handler.  Just as Jason Forgey’s dog, Gerus did, Bones, the K9 handled by Sergeant Kristin Brewer, also alerted to decomposition in the backyard of the Anthony home.  It was eerie that both dogs alerted to the same spot in the back yard.

It was the saddest testimony!  Just the thought that Casey actually considered burying her dear daughter there in the backyard is gruesome – unspeakably cruel.  I wonder what the jury is thinking about this?  Their hearts have to be breaking.

The State is laying out its case in such a way that it should be effortless for the jury to connect the dots, don’t you think?

In my opinion, the dots will draw a picture of premeditation, especially after hearing what the computer specialists had to say today.

What does the jury think about Casey sitting at the defense table as if she’s in another world?  I get the feeling that Casey Anthony is watching this trial unfold like its happening to someone else – like she’s watching a movie, or something.

Search for Chloroform 84 Times!

First let me say that Linda Drane Burdick is brilliant!  It was fascinating to see how she planned the witnesses to each compliment each other – each computer expert built upon the next.

The final computer analyst, John Dennis Bradley, consulted for the State Attorney on the case, and his was the testimony most damaging.

There were Google and Wikipedia searches on Casey Anthony’s computer for:

• Internal bleeding,
  • Ruptured spleen,
  • Death,
  • Self-defense,
  • Chest trauma,
  • Household weapons,
  • Chloroform,
  • Hand to hand combat,
  • Neck Breaking,
  • Internal Bleeding, and
  • How to make Chloroform.

All of this is bad enough, and Baez did his best to try to diminish the blows – in reality he didn’t come close because Linda Drane Burdick, during her redirect, asked Mr. Bradley the BOMBSHELL question:

Linda Drane Burdick:   How many times was the word “chloroform” searched on this computer?

Mr. Bradley:  84 times.

Linda Drane Burdick: No more questions, your Honor.

Judge Perry:  Cross examination on these items and these items alone, Mr. Baez?

Jose Baez:  No further questions, your Honor.

What could Baez say?  He was utterly defeated after Ms. Drane-Burdick kicked it out of the ball park!

Casey Anthony began these horrible key-word searches in March of 2008.  In my estimation, this is a clear indication of premeditation – she plotted and planned the murder of Caylee!

If the State can provide more evidence of premeditation, how will Casey Anthony avoid the death penalty?  This is one of the most important factors, I believe.

Did Casey Anthony Really Want to Kill her Parents?

Remember when Amy Huizenga was (so she thought) just days away from moving into the Anthony home?

Ever since the beginning of this case, when the Law Enforcement interviews with Amy Huizenga were released, I thought that Casey Anthony was actually plotting to kill her parents, not Caylee.

Some of the key word searches, like hand-to-hand combat, self defense, chest trauma, etc., lead me to think this.  And, when Casey told the story of her father having a stroke, her parents getting a divorce, her mother moving out of the house, leaving no-job-Casey to pay the mortgage, it occurred to me she was setting up some kind of scenario with her parents as victims.

As a result of reading the story on today’s WFTV coverage of the trial, I feel even more convinced of this possibility.

In today’s WFTV article, click here for link, they suggest the following:

The experts testified that Casey’s first chloroform search was done on March 17, 2008 around the time she found out she couldn’t go to Puerto Rico with friends because her mother Cindy Anthony would not watch Caylee for her.

The state is setting the stage for premeditated murder by showing she was searching chloroform some three months before Caylee disappeared, said WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer.

The computer searches all happened in the month of March!

It is difficult to wrap my brain around Casey Anthony planning to murder her daughter (or her parents) since March, 2008!!

That was a bombshell for me.

Note:  A blogger, Sandy, left a note today asking why would Jose Baez say “since Caylee went ‘missing” in reference to something on the computer?  Isn’t it the defense’s contention that Caylee was drowned?  Why would he say this today?  I guess he doesn’t believe his own theory either.

1. Linda
    Jun 9 2011

Hi Andrea,, I think she did want to kill her parents. Don’t forget she was probably tired of answering to Cindy.. How the hell did Casey think she could go to Puerto Rico? Did she think Cindy would stay home from work and watch Caylee? Someone had to work in that home. And don’t forget that that was right around the time Cindy found out about all the money that Casey stole from her…….Maybe Casey knew that when Cindy finds out about all the money she took, she knew Cindy would attack her and she wanted to be ready for her;
    As far as the dogs hitting in the back yard, Caylee had to be dead for at least 24 hrs or more for the dogs to pick up the sent of decomp. If Caylee had drowned in the pool and George laid her on the ground right after drowning there would be no decomp yet. I hope the jury gets it..

I am sure Cindy HATES herself every day, knowing if only she had pressed charges against Casey, Caylee would still be alive today…

• Jun 9 2011

Linda, you said it! Had Cindy filed charges on her daughter everytime she stole money (when she was of adult age especially) she could have built up a case against Casey to get custody of Caylee. Sadly, a permanently lost opportunity.

Thanks for mentioning that about the decomp scent taking 24 hours to manifest. And, isn’t that something that Baez slips up like he did, Andrea? Great catch, Sandy!

• Jun 9 2011

Hi Linda, Yes, I really believe she wanted to do away with her parents, too – she hated them so completely. And, you’re probably right about the timing of Cindy finding about the money…. And, I agree – poor Cindy… I cannot comprehend how awful this would be………

2. Linda
    Jun 9 2011

Andrea, I forgot to say that I think Cindy was lying on the stand when she talked about the night of theJune 15th. I never heard or read anywhere that she told Casey that she had to work late because of some work meeting and wouldn’t be home to watch Caylee. I still think that they fought, and Cindy purposely didn’t come home to babysit to punish Casey, Caylee was the only reason that Cindy tolerated Casey behavior and when Cindy refused to watch Caylee that night so Casey could go on her date with Tony, not only did Casey decided to punish her mother, but if she couldn’t use Caylee to get her way then she had no USE for her anymore.

• Jun 9 2011

Linda, that’s so true, and I agree with that. It was like Cindy’s mom said: (paraphrased) “I hope Casey didn’t hate her mother more than she loved Caylee.”
      She did want to punish Cindy, as unthinkable as that is, I think that’s what motivated her.

• Weezie
      Jun 14 2011

omg Linda; how sad to think it was so. Cindy is going to need lifetime councelling for everything she has to live with dead or alive. it’s so upsetting that I’m surprised someone hasn’t made a risk at getting to Casey in jail. Not only that, there are a lot of kooky people out there who to this day blame Cindy and would just a soon see her pay for the actions of her daughter. I feel so bad for this family. I am not holding anything against them at this point.

3. Addie

Andrea,
    This comment is going to be off topic, but it’s something that I’ve been watching at trial and have wondered about and I “think” I may have heard the answer last night on either JVV or NG. I have noticed during this trial that KC appears to be looking directly at one of the jurors at certain times. I’ve wondered if she has been making eye contact with one of the male jurors, sympathetic juror. Last night on one of the shows mentioned above a caller asked Jean Casereaz ( sp ) about Juror #4. The caller said that she had heard that Juror #4 was seen rolling her eyes, making faces, etc. during the trial and that when she had been first been questioned about being a juror she had not wanted to be on the jury and said she could not make any judgment on anyone. ( this is a female juror ) JC said that the caller was exactly right about the expressions from that juror, although she personally hadn’t seen her face herself it was evident that from what she “could” see of her that she had been making some type gestures. ( this tells me that JC knew even more than she was saying OR that this is scuttle butt with the trial observers, that they ARE seeing ). I’m sorry for this off topic comment , but is just something I’ve been watching and was glad someone else had noticed it too. ( Casey’s stares and obviously to one of the jurors ) I may be all wrong and it may not be Juror # 4, but I really wonder now. I would have really thought that these stares would have been directed towards a male juror.
    Baez was SO out of his league yesterday with questioning John Bradley. Baez makes me sick when he questions every witness about their potential for monetary gain ! What is he doing by taking this case ? And again, where is that original money he was paid.
    State is only so professional, but are all so thorough and knowledgeable .
    Sandy, I caught Baez statement about a “missing Caylee” too.
    Seems as if we are all on the same page with our thinking here ( old saying lol ). I just hope and pray that ONE juror doesn’t look away and hang this jury.

• Jun 9 2011

Hi Addie! You heard the statement from Baez, too? i tried to find it, but couldn’t listen to all the tapes last night. Grrrr. I hate missing what’s going on in the courtroom!
      And, I wonder if there is one juror Casey is holding out hope for, too. But, I don’t think it’s the juror you’re thinking of…. The juror who said (don’t know her number), she didn’t like to “judge people” was not a young woman…. She is middle aged; During vior dire she said that she didn’t have many friends, liked to play games on Facebook, too. I tell ya what, a person would have to be a fish not to be able to judge Casey in this trial….

• Addie

Thanks Andrea. Yes, I actually heard Baez say that blunder 🙂

I sure would have thought that the eye-balling Casey has been doing would be towards a male juror personally. You’re right about Juror #4. I went back on your blog and read the jury list and you perfectly described her on here tonight. OMG ( fish ! lol ) and what a big catch ! 🙂

Oh what a joke today was !

4. Addie
    Jun 9 2011

Ohhhhhhhh I just heard from Bill Schaeffer ( sp ) that it only takes SEVEN jurors to find a guilty verdict ! I thought it had to be all 12.

• Jun 9 2011

I believe that’s for the penalty phase of the trial-a majority rules then.

• Addie
        Jun 9 2011

Thanks Sherry ! Ahhhhh now I am more worried about Juror #4 though 😦 I really hope no one juror hangs this verdict.

• Weezie
      Jun 9 2011

Sherry is that true????? Majority rules for guilt or innocence? Everyone is running scared saying it only takes one juror for a mistrial. Can we get something in writing to state which it is? Thanks friend.

• Jun 9 2011

No, for the guilt/innocent phase, which we are in now, there must be all twelve in agreement. When the penalty phase comes, there must be a mojority rule-like 7-5 in favor of LWOP.

• Jun 9 2011

It’s 12! If one can’t vote, or won’t vote with the others, it’s a mistrial. In the penalty phase, it doesn’t have to unanimous.

• Addie

Thanks Andrea ! Appreciate you and Sherry 🙂

• Weezie
        Jun 14 2011

Well there won’t be any penalty to Casey if one is holding out. She will WALK!!!!!!!!!!!! and kill the next in line.

5. offthecuff
    Jun 9 2011

84 hits goes beyond fantasizing about what can be done with chloroform…whether to put Caylee to sleep, or knock out her parents.

This person, Casey, was able to heave her dead daughter around, even manipulate her decomposing body through various bags. No wonder Casey had decomp on her pants. How can someone do that and continue to act “normal” or unstressed. I realize she HAD to deal with the body. But this is the type of person who could use a deadly chemical, perhaps more than once, on her daughter.

• Jun 9 2011

How cold she is! She is able to turn off anything that’s gruesomely messy now. If she gets set free, her parents will be next, most likely. And she won’t even cringe at the thought~

6. mrethiopian

Great write-up.
    I’m playing devils advocate; nowhere do you say anything about the shared- use of the computer nor what the operating system was used, most of the operating systems of today allow for multiple profiles, so that when User (A) and User (B) both share the computer you can trace the specific usage (Browser Searches) to either user A or B specifically. Who else lived or visited her house during this time, how do we know it was Casey was performing these the searches.

Unless her house was completely locked down and she was using biometrics to gain access to the computer or the computer had specific profiles with passwords and the searches in question were under Casey profile, then the defense should be arguing that other people aside from Casey could have created these searches.

Thanks and keep up the great work.
    Mr.E

• offthecuff
      Jun 9 2011

I think the state went into such exhaustive info about the deleted file because they wanted to include that whoever was making these searches was also intermittently accessing myspace and facebook. The other Anthonys didn’t use these. In addition it was established that the Anthonys were at work during these times.

7. Weezie
    Jun 9 2011

Is there a possibility that Casey has a duo or more personalty disorder? Remember the Three Faces of Eve? It makes me think that when she says to Lee that Zanny took the baby saying “she (Casey), was an unfit mother”. There is so much reference to Zanny by Casey alone, I am starting to wonder if this is where the Defence may end up!!!

8. Weezie
    Jun 9 2011

Someone’s hiding my comment. lol

9. Jun 9 2011

Those searches show that whatever Casey was premeditating it was for more than a two year old. I didn’t know it was 84 times for the word “chloroform”! Ricardo’s photo wasn’t a joke to Casey. I bet he wishes he had never put up that cyber-poster.

10. offthecuff
    Jun 9 2011

Sherry, you’re right. Gee, what was Casey thinking? I can just see her sitting at the computer, like we all do, looking over her shoulder at her daughter running around the house or watching a video, while she hits the search button for neck breaking. I reserve that violent phrase for Caylee, because in combo with chloroform, the neck breaking can look more like an accident after the chloroform dissipates.

11. melanie
    Jun 9 2011

I just started reading these a few days ago, and love seeing everyones take on the trial.Last night out of curiosity I did my own search on the computer for “how to make chloroform?” and was intrigued indeed!From what I have read the 2 ingredients needed are chlorine “shock” powder, and acetone mixed with ice and then once the chemical reactions occur you can extract the chloroform from the mixture.Anyway I find this very interesting because the Anthonys had an above ground pool, so you can bet that they had some of this shock powder at the home since it is very commonly used to clean the water ( I know cuz Ive used it many times myself in my own pool).And acetone is used as paint thinner, therefore one could assume that handy Mr. Anthony had some in his shed or garage!This may be the reason why KC chose this as her method of killing caylee, just the simple fact that the chemicals needed were right at her fingertips!

• Polianna
      Jun 14 2011

Melanie…the Anthonys did not use chlorine bases pool products in their pool. They used the chlorine free Baquacil line.

12. Jun 15 2011

Thanks for posting this…since I learned that Casey had told and been making plans with her friend Amy that they would be moving into the Anthony home…my mind automatically went to her getting rid of her parents. Most definitely, I think she was thinking of killing them. Those poor parents…what all she has put them through.

13. Weezie
    Jun 15 2011

In one of the jailhouse talks, Casey says “It’s not your fault”, to George her Dad. Your the best father it the world, the best grandfather. IS it possible she is covering for George?

14. Weezie
    Jun 15 2011

Linda Kenny Baden says, that head didn’t roll out of the bag as Roy Kronk said. I guess we need to review the entomologist’s testimony. Plant growth was growing through the skull, but was that skull in a bag when he poked it, like he said, or was it out in the elements? I think Baez is going after that kind of statement from RK to demonize his truthfullness.