June 13, 2011

hair and heart sticker residue

The big news today came as a result of Judge Belvin Perry announcing that the Prosecution’s case, in the Casey Anthony Murder Trial, is likely to wrap up either Tuesday, or Wednesday morning  of this week!   This means the defense will start their case Wednesday afternoon!

The heart sticker found at the scene of the crime in the State v. Casey Anthony Trial

It was surprising to hear the State’s case will conclude without calling Roy Kronk, other family members, Shirley and Rick Pleasea.  I also wonder if experts will testify with regards to Casey’s cell phone pings.

I do understand why the State would not need to call Kronk, since the defense will certainly call him.  The State will be able to rehabilitate Roy Kronk in their cross examination during the defense case.

Depending upon what the defense brings to their case, the State of Florida may put on a rebuttal case.  I tend to think they may.

The defense may then put on their own rebuttal, but the Judge would have to allow it, and the focus could only be on what the State brought forward in their rebuttal.

With regards to upcoming State witnesses, I read that Robyn Adams (Casey Anthony’s former jail roommate) is supposed to testify soon.  I would think the State’s Botanist, Dr. Hall, will testify at some point this week as well.

As far as today’s testimony, we heard from two FBI analysts.  One FBI witness was Stephen Shaw, an FBI expert in forensic hair and fiber.  He testified that the single piece of hair, with the decompositional banding found in the trunk of Casey Anthony’s car, is similar to the hair found with the remains of Caylee Anthony.

Elizabeth Fontaine, FBI latent-print examiner, explained that she discovered a heart shape on one of three pieces of duct tape sent to the FBI Laboratory for analysis.

This is evidence that the Defense tried desperately to keep out of the trial.  It was odd that Baez did not do a better job of cross-examining Ms. Fontaine.

The defense fought this  “phantom” outline/image of residue in the shape of a heart, on the duct tape. The reason?  That a heart sticker (pictured) was found near Caylee Anthony’s remains on a piece of duct tape.  This, as you know, inexplicably tells us that that heart sticker was applied on the duct tape.

What I don’t understand is why the heart shape (pictured) found in the area where the remains were found, was not introduced today.  Perhaps that piece of evidence is coming later.   Law Enforcement found in Casey Anthony’s home, sheets of heart stickers resembling the sticker found at the crime scene.  Perhaps Law Enforcement will introduce both these items.

The beginning of the defense case is going to be interesting!  Will Casey Anthony testify?  If Jose Baez is going to stick with his molestation theory, she will have to.

That will be something to see!

1. Jun 13 2011

Will Casey testify? I do not think so. As of right now the jury has no clue she is a six time felon, if she gets on the stand they will know. Seriously how can they believe a word out of her mouth? I am waiting on Webster’s Dictionary to insert Casey’s picture under the word liar.

I think the State is doing good. No real over load. The State will have do a rebuttal and put the dream team and Casey in there place. IMO the rebuttal will be the nail in Casey’s coffin so to speak. The State is saving the best for last. At least that is what I am praying for. 🙂

2. Linda
    Jun 13 2011

Hi Andrea, Who do you think the state is waiting for who lives out of state? Mark Hawkins, Tim Miller, or maybe even Caylees dad? There must be a reason for the state to call them last. I hope its a SHOCKER..

• Jun 13 2011

Isn’t it the botonist who lives out of state?
      Or, maybe it Kio Marie Cruz?
      I know Robin Adams is in town.

3. Jun 13 2011

Andrea, great write-up! But! That heart sticker was stuck on a piece of cardboard, not duct tape. I thought the State did introduce the heart stickers found at the Anthony home. Come to think of it, they didn’t show that the laundry bags and trash bags came from the home, did they? I hope the State doesn’t have so much confidence that they have decided not to go too much further in introducing more of the evidence. I would think they would want to be sure to tie in the things found at the crime scene to the house-or did I miss it? I couldn’t watch all of the trial, so I may have missed it.

4. offthecuff
    Jun 14 2011

It seems to me that the state has introduced several pieces of evidence, like the heart shaped residue and things found at the Anthony home, without slam dunking all the connections, because they want to tie things together later.

It keeps this info hanging over the defense head. I’m still amused that the state on re-direct only asked Fontaine which duct tape was over the other. Ashton was looking over at the defense and the defense looked ancy as to what Ashton was going to ask next. But that was it.

5. Rob
    Jun 14 2011

Hi Andrea, Appreciate all the fine points on your post today. It is hard to fathom the defense will be starting their case in a day or two. I believe the state has more evidence, and more witnesses than they are presenting. As you stated, perhaps they will do more in their rebuttal. As for Casey and her lies……………there is a country and western song that goes……………..”How could you believe me when I said I love you, when you know I’ve been a liar all my life?” If she takes the stand, who on God’s good earth would believe her?

6. Weezie
    Jun 14 2011

I’m at the ready, waiting for 1pm, and the finalist’s testimonies. I was really hop[ing for Jesse Grund, but maybe they feel that might be too much of a risk. I think it’s got to be something to accentuate the death was done with premeditation, as their final coup du gras., hopefully.

7. Weezie
    Jun 14 2011

Well I guess we all know what is left – the DEFENCE. I just wanted to post something here if case you didn’t see thsi video. To me, it states the true Casey Anthony that the jury didn’t see, or ever will until they are are released. I am not surprised, but confrimed of what evil and game playing this girl can do. I’m disappointed that Cindy just doesn’t get it, even now that her darling grandchild is dead. She has to start to take responsibility and seek a morale ground on what her child did to this poor little girl – Caylee.

: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nFnYIqKrik

• Jun 14 2011

Hi Weezie! WOW! That is a really incredible look into the real Casey Anthony! She has NO care or concern for what she’s seeing for the first time, which i understand is very explicit, what she’s expressing here shows, absolutely, the monster she is.
      Thanks so much for sharing this, my dear! 🙂

8. Weezie
    Jun 14 2011

hey, sorry for the typos!!!!

9. Little Caylee Marie
    Jun 19 2011

I don’t believe that Roy Kronk, or anyone else, is responsible for this tragedy, other than Casey, the Mom. The same Mom that did NOT report her daughter missing,
    that lied to Law Enforcement and would have been on the next flight out of town, had her Mom given her ‘just one more day’ …..( heard on the 911 tape, July 15)
    How Casey can just sit there and watch her own Mom fall apart on the witness stand is beyond me…..Thank-God for friends like Amy, who we can all thank for leading Cindy to her miserable excuse for a daughter. All the evidence points to one and one only!!! As for Mr. Kronk, we don’t know if he is involved or not at this point. If so, show us your Get Casey out of Jail card. And also, while you are presenting your evidence, don’t forget those two Private Eyes, who not only were looking for Little Caylee’s remains, but were also filming the site. Too bad they were by the wrong pavers!!! This story might have had a different ending, had those two found her first.

Will Casey take the stand? R U Kidding Me??? Of Course Not!!!!

Rest in Peace, Little Caylee. Justice is coming your way.