June 24, 2011

any theory will do

Cindy is at it again.

Those of us who have been following the case surrounding the murder of the dear little Caylee Marie Anthony, saw it coming.   I’m referring to the Anthony family’s lies and cover-ups.  The only problem is, they can’t keep their stories completely straight, and that is not going to play well for the jury.

The strangest testimony today came from Lee Anthony.  Lee broke down when he recalled the horrible hurt he felt about not being included in the news that Casey was pregnant, and was not asked to be there when Caylee was born.  You know what? I love my brothers, but I’m not sure they’d be there for the birth of my child.   But, Lee wanted to be there – he wanted to be included but said he was ignored.  He sobbed over the memory of it.

It was very curious why the defense failed to use the opportunity today to ask Lee about paternity.   It seemed like the perfect time for the defense to bring up their horrible defense theory.  Have they dropped the idea of Lee’s alleged abuse?  Will the full burden of abuse rest on George Anthony now?

Judge Belvin Perry today had questions about the theory of the defense of Casey Anthony – the jury has to be wondering, too.

One aspect of the “theory” was brought up today regarding the pool ladder.  Cindy Anthony and the defense would like the jury to believe that because the pool ladder was inadvertently left on the pool one day, Caylee must have drowned that day.  But, on cross examination, it was revealed that Cindy is not really sure what day the ladder was left up on the pool.

It sure appears as if profound jealousy is a weird dynamic in that family.  I cannot begin to know the truth of the matter, but my reaction to hearing Lee today is that both Casey and Lee may have had a deep hunger for love and affection from their mother that was never fulfilled.

I tell you, the Anthony family dynamic could fill an entire folio of Shakespeare’s tragedies.

The bottom line is, the Anthony’s will lie on the stand to save Casey.  I don’t think they will condone the molestation theory, of course, but Cindy sure buys the drowning theory.  Regardless, the defense is still looking for their theory; so is Judge Perry because he asked the defense to clarify it.

Judge Perry told the defense that he’d thought the theory of the defense was that Caylee drowned, and Casey covered it up due to the years of abuse.

Cheney Mason confirmed that was their theory, but then added, “among other things.”  This prompted sidebar #32.

Well, I really couldn’t count the sidebars, but more time was spent in sidebars than in testimony today.

Court starts at 9:00 a.m. tomorrow, and is scheduled to be in session until 2:00 or 3:00.

1. Jun 24 2011

Jeff Ashton was all over Lee about his odd tears. Why cry now talking about Caylee’s life beginning but never shed a tear for her when you knew she was dead

• dee
      Jun 25 2011

Yeah…and how about? Why cry now after having fed information to Baez, to assist Casey, the person who probably ended Caylee’s life.

• Jun 25 2011

Hey Kimmie, I was so glad that Jeff Ashton said what he said! It was too well planned by Lee,

• Weezie
        Jun 25 2011

The big failing here is that: JP allowed any of the family in court. They should have been the first witnesses in the trial for the Prosecution and the Defence. They should not have been allowed in there. Even though they could watch it on t.v. it’s not the same thing. They have picked up a lot of tricks to assist them in their lies.

2. Jun 25 2011

When they had the FBI forensics examiner (she was today also, forgot her name) on previously, she was asked if she preformed any tests out of scope of her general testing, at the request of “anyone”? She had replied, “yes, pregnancy test” using L.A’s. D.N.A. The state had a conniption, and had it struck as inadmissible. Then she was asked who that someone was. She replied, “Nick Savage.”

• Jun 25 2011

Hi RahRah! I completely missed that one….Well, I guess it was warranted to test Casey for pregnancy at the time since they found out how many men she’d been with…..

3. Jun 25 2011

The ‘Lee’ I saw today, is, I believe, and I may be wrong, is Lee stripped of all the Anthony lies, all the Anthony denials. He was looking at truth in the face, and it was heartbreaking to watch. I also noted when Lee was leaving witness stand, walking toward the doors, he turned his face to his parents, both looked down. He postured his back adjacent the court doors, head turned the direction of his parents when they came around that wall, they walked past him eyes straight, not one acknowlegement from C.A. or G.A. do you see, but you see Lee do a 180 with his head. Talk about cold as ice. chilling.

• Jun 25 2011

Gosh, I missed that, too, RahRah! I wonder if Cindy wanted him to cop to the sexual abuse allegations??? I can’t imagine that would be true – how could Lee even go there; I don’t think he (or George) will go there.

• Weezie
      Jun 25 2011

Are you saying that George and Cindy think Lee helped the Prosecution with his testimony? The only thing I got from Lee was the fact that the Anthony’s were not a close family. That Cindy would choose favourites depending on the situation. IF anyone should shoulder responsibility for Caylee’s demise, it’s Cindy. Had she and George not tried to interfere, perhaps none of this would have happened. I don’t get the change in all of their testimonies, since finding out the Defence’s case. At first they wouldn’t even look at Casey but NOW, they can’t lie fast enough to help her. I’m beginning to feel the Prosecution is failing in their job to convict.

4. Jun 25 2011

I wonder if anyone is counting the number of sidebars in this whole trial fiasco.

Here is the jury instructions:

Once you read them you will see what the defense has been up to with Lee and Cindy and why they have selective memories.

• Addie
      Jun 25 2011

Thanks Sherry. After reading the jury instructions I don’t see how ANY of the Anthony’s could be “acceptable” to the jury. The one and only instruction I found that I could honestly say no to was number 9, concerning any felony convictions.

IMO, from Baez to all the Anthony’s the whole lot are liars and schemers!

5. Jun 25 2011

Andrea, I think you hit the nail on the head about being starved for love. Cindy is a narcist. It is all about her. Her way or No way, somebody’s gonna pay. Maybe now it makes sense Cindy wants to copywrite Caley’s name, to enshrine her own guilt.

6. dee
    Jun 25 2011

I wonder if Cindy lies at work, the same way she tends to lie on the stand and in her everyday life.

7. dee
    Jun 25 2011

Andrea,
    I actually laughed out loud when Judge Perry was at a loss as to the theory of the case…sooo funny. Unfortunately, I still do not know what the defense theory is..makes no sense to me considering the discombobulated evidence …

• Jun 25 2011

Me too, Dee! I thought it was pretty funny that Judge Perry’s tone seemed to suggest a tad bit of cynicism!

8. dee
    Jun 25 2011

Andrea, did you see the very end of the trial?
    In case you did not, let me fill you in…the prosecution was contacted by the Department of Defense, regarding the testimony of Dr. Rodriguez, a forensic expert for the defense. Essentially, Dr. Rodriguez does not have permission to testify in this matter, and should he testify, he will be terminated.
    If you recall, Dr. Rodriquez was ordered off the of stand last week because Baez did not comply with the Judge’s Order.
    I am waiting to see if this is comes up Saturday a.m.

9. colleen
    Jun 25 2011

No trial again this Saturday. Baez is in big trouble. Would and could it be possible that the Judge could file a motion for contempt against Baez now and some how remove him from the trial, based on the fact that he is not even presenting a defence regarding his opening statements???

• Jun 25 2011

Hi Collen, I don’t really think the trial would stop as a result of today’s discovery violation, as the Judge plans on bringing contempt charges against Baez at the end of the trial. The issue has to do with discovery…As for opening statements, Lawyers are not held to the facts in opening statements – it’s not evidence – but the jury will expect answers nonetheless, in closing and in the case. If not, it hurts the credibility of the lawyer, hence the defendant.,

10. katydid
    Jun 25 2011

I think Baez went to the Acme school of Law.

11. Jun 25 2011

Casey was in and out of her chair today. Anyone notice it looked like a child’s chair?

• Addie
      Jun 26 2011

RahRah, I saw that too ! Bill Schaeffer has made the comment before that she is intentionally in a lower chair to make her look more vulnerable and small to the jury. Defense tactic.

ALSO, did you notice how Cindy was up and down yesterday too ? At one point I thought she was going to approach the Defense table ! Wonder if she could get by with that and what was really going on in there ?????

12. Weezie
    Jun 27 2011

i wonder how Lee decided to turn on the water works unless it was staged by the Defence. To me it looked staged to make brother and sister appear to have a strange relationship. In other words, let the jury conclude that it seems odd that Lee was so emotional about Casey and the baby, stretching it into a possible = father daugter scenario, meaning George and Cindy thought Lee was the father, and they weren’t going to have him inovolved in any way. It just looked like that was how far they were willing to take the fairytale without actually saying Lee diddled his sister
    know about the negative D*A test, but just remember all those stories came from Casey, so she could have told her parents those lies before Casey was born, so she wouldn’t get into trouble, and keep George and Cindy protecting her and Caylee. That only worked until Casey’s jealousy got the better of her. She was not going to let Cindy control her or Caylee anymore – never. Well that’s my theoryl

13. Weezie
    Jun 27 2011

Andrea’ is there something wrong here in these boxes that we are typing into; I had a really hard time. I couldn’t scroll down like I normally can. I had to us my highlighter to scroll down and then my delete button to get the runanawy sentence back to the paragraph. Also is there a feature for spell check on your site?