June 28, 2011

it was quite a good day (God Bless Mr. Kronk)

Today’s parade of defense witnesses, in the State v. Casey Anthony trial, didn’t perform too well for the defense, however, they were colorful and in some instances, provocative.

In short, today’s defense witnesses were quite good for the State of Florida.

Here was today’s line-up:

1. Joe Jordan – He was a Texas EquuSearch volunteer who served as a team leader, and originally thought he’d searched the area where Caylee’s remains were found, but admitted later that he was mistaken. He was subsequently rabidly pursued by the defense who wanted to use his original testimony to prove that the body could not have been in those woods at the time because Joe Jordan said he didn’t see a body.  In an email, Joe Jordan had told Yuri Mellich that Caylee’s body couldn’t have been there because he was sure he and his team had thoroughly searched the area.  But, the defense is STILL pursuing his original testimony in the hopes it will give rise to some reasonable doubt. There came a time when the defense was pursuing Mr. Jordan for his story, which troubled him so much he decided to tape his conversation with Morton Smith, investigator from the defense, without his knowledge.  It is against the law for a citizen to record anyone without their knowledge (law enforcement may do so).  Mr. Jordan, when questioned by Cheney Mason about being possibly charged with a felony, it scared him and he began to plead the fifth, which the State objected to.  There were lengthy side-bars regarding this issue, and ultimately, the jury was asked to disregard the question and answer.
  2. George Anthony – He was asked if he knew River Cruz aka Crystal Halloway.  He was asked if he had a romantic relationship with her; he denied this.  Note: I believe that River originally denied there was a romantic relationship, too.  George was very defensive on the stand and it appeared that he was hiding something.  And, uh, there was no mention of molestation, drowning, or duct tape!  Hmmmm.
  3. Cindy Anthony – She was asked about whether she had told Dominic Casey and James Hoover to search off of Suburban Drive for Caylee based on a psychic’s tip.  I clearly remember that Yuri Mellich wrote in his police report that Cindy Anthony had claimed she’d sent people out to those woods and Caylee was not there.  Today, she completely denied it.
  4. Lee Anthony – Lee said the exact opposite of Cindy.  He did have an argument with his mother about sending Dominic Casey in the woods to look for Caylee.  Cindy told Lee that she’d gotten a psychic tip and he was very angry.  It was the first time his family was going to look for a “dead Caylee” and he was very angry. Frank George asked him if he was completely sold on his sister’s lies at that time.  Strangely, Lee smiled, shook his head as if amused, and said, “yes, and no.”
  5. Yuri Mellich – he agrees that Cindy Anthony told him (as he’d written in his report), Cindy told him she’d “sent her people walk in that area and there was nothing in the area then.”
  6. Roy Kronk– Mr. Kronk was a FANTASTIC witness!  He made

Roy Kronk - Caylee's Angel on Earth

Cheney Mason, who questioned him, look like a bumbling, mumbling fool!  Mr. Mason did his best impression of a tough as nails but folksy and smart lawyer, giving “knowing” glances to the jury, as if to say Mr. Kronk was a big ole liar when, in truth, Mr. Mason looked like the big ole liar.  Oh, it was a beautiful thing.  Mr. Kronk is Caylee’s angel; were it not for Roy Kronk no one may have found Caylee Marie Anthony.  Thank you, Mr. Kronk, and GREAT JOB today!

7. David Dean – Another meter reader, expressed to Roy Kronk that the area off of Suburban Drive “would be a great place to put a body.”  During cross, Linda Drane-Burdick asked Mr. Dean, “Why did you feel this area was a good spot to maybe look for Caylee?”  To which Mr. Dean indicated that in the jail videos of the family visiting Casey Anthony that she had told the family she felt Caylee was close by.  This was not good for the defense!   Meter Readers are now all heroes in my book, by the way.
  8. Alex Roberts – Roy Kronk’s supervisor, a senior meter reader, supported the series of events.
  9. Corrections Officers – Two officers were there to testify that Casey Anthony was a model citizen.  This is totally irrelevant to this trial and the Judge did would not allow their testimony.
  10. Jesse Grund – Out of the presence of the jury, Mr. Grund said that Casey had told him Lee Anthony had “groped” her on two occasions.  The defense would sure like to have this self-serving hearsay into evidence.  They’d like to have the chance to have Casey’s allegations into the record.  The judge is going to rule on this tomorrow.  There’s no way this is coming in, but the defense can dream – let ‘em spend the night dreaming!

In other news today, we learned that the State, in their rebuttal case, is going to call people from Cindy’s former workplace, Gentiva.  The individuals are from the Internet Technology (IT) group.  No doubt they are going to dispute Cindy’s recent testimony about not being at work the days the chloroform searches were performed on the family computer.  (You may remember, Cindy claimed that she was home that day and most likely made the “chloroform” searches – not Casey.)

Cindy claimed the only way to tell if she was at work would be to go back and look at her emails, but she’s sure those emails are no longer in existence.  Hah!  What Cindy doesn’t realize is that nothing on the Internet is gone forever!

The defense team told the Judge today they have only about 6 or seven witnesses left to testify, one of which is a grief counselor (who never met Casey, by the way), but Jeff Ashton was not able to depose the witness on a Saturday as he was dealing with other defense witness depositions (Furton and Rodriquez).  Jeff Ashton is going to be at a disadvantage as a result of not having the opportunity to depose this witness.  It remains to be seen if this witness will be allowed to testify.

Judge Perry advised the defense that when the defense is ready to rest their case, he will advise Casey Anthony that she has the right to either testify or not, and it’s solely her decision.

The defense case is going downhill so fast, and so completely, the only way to get the evidence of accidental drowning and the molestation out there, she will have to testify.

It’s a bad idea, of course, but, hey, when you’re very life is on the line, maybe it’s not such a bad idea after all?

1. Autumn
    Jun 28 2011

Hello,
    I have been reading your blog for a while now i love it, you do a wonderful job… I was watching today when Judge Perry brought up the issue of testifying and that he would be inquiring about if she is going to or not and i don’t know if you picked this up or not but if you go back and take a look, just as Judge Perry was saying those words about her taking the stand she was shaking her head YES…. I think her body language at that moment says she definately has every intention of getting on that stand lol….Good luck with that Casey, because i think Linda or Jeff will rip her to shreds.

Autumn.

• Jun 28 2011

Hi Autumn! Thanks so much for reading! I really, really appreciate it! 🙂
      Wow! I didn’t realize Casey had that reaction! I’ll definitely check out Casey’s reaction to what the Judge said…. It will be unbelievable if she really does testify…. and I really think she may do it…. OMG! What a disaster it will be!

• Autumn
        Jun 29 2011

Hopefully you can find one of those videos where they show the judge speaking and they also have a split screen or a small screen in the corner that focuses on casey as well, i was watching on wftv at the time and they have that cam that focuses only on casey and the other cam focuses on either the witness in the box at the time, or the judge if he is speaking.. she definately shook her head yes lmao and i said to myself omg this chic really is batsh** crazy if she thinks 1. those jurors are going to fall for her ridiculous lies and 2. that Linda or Jeff or going to tear her to shreds lol….

Autumn.

• dee
      Jun 29 2011

Just watched the video. I think Miss Know-it-all is going to take the stand. After watching her family lie and lie and lie under oath she probably thinks it will be “a piece of cake”!!

2. Becky
    Jun 28 2011

I love reading your post each night, you break things down so well and that makes it easy to understand. Thank You

• Jun 28 2011

Becky! Thanks so much – that’s so nice of you to say! 🙂 Have a great night!

3. Jun 29 2011

Hi Andrea, fantastic post as always. Defense case commited suicide when Baez told that outlandish opening, so if Casey testifies it will not make any difference aside of the fact her ears will be ringing off when either Linda or Jeff get’s through taking her out for the count. I cannot wait for this trial to be over. I don’t think i have ever seen so many liars trying to thwart justice for one tiny little baby girl named Caylee Marie Anthony. LKB still today even after having left this case was on JVM tonite again lieing her fat tush off. The list of Casey Liars is long and when i hear them continuosly lie what comes to my mind is Satan must be rejoicing as he is raking them in and they are blind to his presence.

4. Linda
    Jun 29 2011

Hi Andrea, I just have to laugh when I think of Casey taking the stand. I can see her now praticeing her speech in her jail cell, thinking to herself, I’ll show them all…….We all know in her sociopathic mind she is smarter than everyone else.. She will wipe the floor one more time with her family and in a way they deserve it for covering for her all these years.. Mostly Cindy.
    And while the defense tries to paint her as a Flower in the attic who lived with the Adams Family the prosecution will be wating with baitted breath and smiling from ear to ear. I believe the prosecution will expose the real Casey Anthony and will encourage her to take her lies to new and improved hieghts, as her dream tean NOT)

• Jun 29 2011

Hi Linda! It would be kinda like murder if Casey took the stand! She’d be shown to be such a liar; she’d also be reminded of so many things the State knows about her…and we know about her… It would be something to see, that’s for darn sure1

5. Linda
    Jun 29 2011

sorry. I meant dream team….. as they scream OBJECTION!!!!!!!!!! OBJECTION !!!!!!!!!!!!! We can only dream what will come out of her mouth.

• Jun 29 2011

i sooo want her to take the stand!!! Talkingheads say that will make the trial go two more days longer but I don’t care! Hell! That one juror might cancel his London(?) vacay to stay and hear it! lol

• Jun 29 2011

Me too, Sherry! OMG, I’d call in sick to work to see that!

6. Jun 29 2011

I agree with Autumn and Becky~

I’ve spent the night playing solataire and listening to the tapes of today’s proceedings-very interesting! Kronk rocked! He kindly let mason know when he was being vague! I’ve learned from this trial that one must listen carefully to a defense attorney or they can hang you with semantics and omissions.

Great write-uop again!

7. Jun 29 2011

Indeed God Bless Mr.Roy Kronk. It is disgraceful he is being maligned by Baez and Mason when he should be getting a huge thank you l for finding Caylee. i fully believe had anyone on the Ant team found Caylee none of us would know about it. I don’t believe George when he says he didn’t have an affair with River/krystal. However, i saw no reason for the rotten defense team to bring that in to this case. Like you said Andrea, funny they never asked George about the molestation or Lee either for that matter. Casey should be very proud of herself as she has killed the only thing she ever did good in her life and that is Caylee, and now she has ruined her brother and her parents lives all to save herself but after all this she will not save herself .

8. Jun 29 2011

Hi Sherry, and everyone here.

9. Jun 29 2011

Linda, Should little miss. casey testify she will blow her stack so hard when the state get’s through with her those bumps on each side of her head will sprout those horns that have been waiting to come out. lol.

10. Jun 29 2011

Sherry, agree Kronk rocked it. Mason tried and tried but he got no where with asking the same crap over and over, and i loved it so much when Mr.Kronk kept telling him to be more specific and what year are you talking about, you have lost me again. I hope Mason has a sore throat tonite for badgering Mr.kronk for hours. Mason never expected kronk would throw it back at him and not be tricked. gotta love it.

11. Jun 29 2011

Hi Linda, I Love your post. too funny and your said it so right on.

12. dee
    Jun 29 2011

I can not believe that the defense is treating Kronk with such disrespect…..the defense is slimmy…

• Jun 29 2011

Hi dee, I wish once the trial is over Mr.kronk could be allowed to tar and feather Baez and Mason and kick their butts in the slammer for slander. They are a disgrace to the human race.

13. Jun 29 2011

The Defense really did a number on the good samaritans and volunteers across America today, and it is my hope the jury took notice. I found myself yelling at my little screen, “he’s not the one on trial here!” The Defense may have lost the respect and/or credibility they may have had with the jury today. I mean, who hasn’t ever heard of Texas EquiSearch & Volunteers. ~There is a definite rift in the Anthonys’: their body language was very telling! I’m almost willing to bet, George and Cindy told Lee to lie, cuz George threw his hands in the air and looked to the good heavens above when Lee negated Cindy’s story. And, you could have driven a Mac truck btwn George & Cindy after George’s testimony. I’m beginning to think Lee laughs (at the most inappropiate of times) as a learned defense / coping mechanism. Poor Guy.

14. Jun 29 2011

p.s. Kronk must have had Caylee sitting on his shoulders, cuz he certainly looked angelic! Oh, and Jeff Ashton, ever so SEXY! (hee!)

• Jun 29 2011

LOL RahRah! I agree with your assessment of Jeff Ashton…. and, I have a soft spot for Yuri Mellich, too! It’s fun to admire them from afar! tee hee!

15. Jun 29 2011

Thanks for another insightful blog, I really appreciate them Andrea 🙂 Please keep ’em comin’ 🙂

• Jun 29 2011

Hi MMB… Thank you very much! I’ll keep ’em coming…. I’m committed until December 31 to do a post-a-day…(maybe I should be committed to be attempting this!)

16. offthecuff
    Jun 29 2011

Its’ a difficult job to represent the Law and condemn someone else. Many hate the state for just that. But that is very unbalanced thinking when a little girl lost her life.

17. Jun 29 2011

Love your insights into the Casey Anthony trial. I read your posts daily. May I just comment about Cheney Mason’s direct examination of Roy Kronk? Mason is a pompous twit! He thinks he’s channeling Clarence Darrow. What a ridiculous tool! OK, I feel better now. Thanks.

• Jun 29 2011

So do I now! :mrgreen:

• Jun 29 2011

Hey Darleneseale! OMG, I do agree with you! I was thinking that, too…. he really tried to channel Clarence Darrow, I thought! But, he just can’t even come close – he’s more on the order of Foghorn/Leghorn ( I think that’s the name of that cartoon character!)
      Thanks for venting! It sure makes us all feel better…. 🙂

18. Jun 30 2011

Andrea, Yuri Mellich is in another category that is similar, but on another level. I remembered, I promised to behave, lol!