July 1, 2011

when does justice begin?

Here we are, Friday morning, waiting for the continuance of the State of Florida v. Casey Anthony, and shenanigans are in full swing by a defense team in a boat with gaping holes and no paddles.

The Court is in an indefinite recess this morning while the defense deposes State rebuttal witnesses.

Interestingly, the defense is charging  that the State is “ambushing” them “again” by failing to disclose reports or information about computer searches, and about issues regarding a forensic anthropologist/toxicologist, rebutting testimony by the skull-clutching, Dr. Werner Spitz.

The Defense rested yesterday only to realize how deeply they’ve sunk, how desperate they are.  The defense has not raised a scintilla of doubt about anything Baez promised in his opening.

The defense has put on an empty case – an empty search for the truth as it is demanded by true justice.  It’s quite interesting that Jose Baez’ website is still as empty as the case it just rested.

Justice does not BEGIN with this defense team, as Baez Law Firm website says, it snoozes and is entirely lost:

It’s as if this empty website is a ruse or a facade because there are no working links still, after three years.

Furthermore, the photo on this website has the caption:  “BATTLE OF JAILHOUSE TAPES.”

We know, there was NEVER a battle over the Jailhouse tapes!  As a result of the jailhouse tapes, Jose Baez was totally humiliated.  The jailhouse tapes had disparaging comments from the Anthony family about Mr. Baez’ motivation and abilities to represent Casey.

Perjury?

I have some doubt the defense knew Cindy Anthony was going to LIE about being at home and searching for Chloroform.  However, Jose KNOWS that Cindy has lied in the past, however, whether Jose put on false testimony via Cindy would be difficult to prove. After all, Jose has to present testimony and evidence if its exculpatory, the State of Florida must provide all exculpatory evidence as well.

But, Cindy’s testimony has nothing to do with discovery or exculpatory evidence. There should be no surprise that the State moved to verify Cindy’s testimony as FALSE.  The State will prove Cindy was at work when those computer searches happened, they will also prove there  were  NO searches for Chlorophyll either, as Cindy testified to.  And the State will further PROVE Cindy did not have remote access to her work computer (from home).

There should be NO surprise to the Defense that the State of Florida has proved Cindy is a bald-faced liar, desperate to assist her daughter.

If the state of Florida puts Casey Anthony at that computer, making those 84 searches for “How to Make Chloroform,”  it is most damaging and goes to premeditation.  The State, if they prove this, will move very, very close to proving this aggravating factor for the death penalty:

The capital felony was a homicide and was committed in a cold, calculated, and premeditated manner without any pretense of moral or legal justification.

Rebutting Dr. Spitzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

In its rebuttal case, the State of Florida will put on evidence to directly rebut Dr. Spitz’ testimony about the “cranial wash” and whether it is protocol to open the skull of a victim.

So, we wait this morning.  The trial is going to start again soon.  This is simply delaying the inevitable and ultimate sinking of the defense dingy.

1. J.H.
    Jul 1 2011

thanks andera great read i think my suggestion to perry is to fine bozo one hundred dollars a minute.but he wouldnt pay anyway.

• Jul 1 2011

Hi JH! Nope, he wouldn’t pay, as we know! But, I think the assessment you suggest is just dessert! 🙂

2. dee
    Jul 1 2011

Andrea,
    I agree with your assessment..finally the end is in sight!!! Now, considering the Contempt of Court hearing that Baez has clearly earned…he is a desperate man. He, like his client, will never admit any wrong doing but simply deny, deny, deny and try to take other people down with them. So, much of his whining about the prosecution, as you know, is baseless.

• Jul 1 2011

Hey Dee, It is astounding, isn’t it, that Baez could over and over again try to weasel his way out of situations like Cindy’s testimony. He did not do his part in this regard to ensure Cindy was giving testimony that was true. Also…. the fact that he didn’t think his theory through to know it would not work is astounding!!!!!!!!
      If that is not BAD faith, I don’t know what is! This is why I think contempt charges will be a clear outcome for him as opposed to “ineffective counsel,” though BOTH could be served up after all is said and done, maybe….

• dee
        Jul 2 2011

Astounding, indeed! Last week in response to Baez’s baseless complaint about the prosecution, Judge Perry requested a substantive foundation for his complaint. In reponse, Baez asserted, “blah,blah,blah… I can only say, that this response was so unprofessional, so childish, and of course, so Baez. .
        With regards to the contempt charges, the fact that Baez defied the Courts Order is HUGE. THAT IS A BIG DEAL! Baez’s defiance of the Court Order is sufficient evidence to support the contempt charge. And it appears to me that Judge Perry is of the opinion that Baez’s defiance was blatant. THAT IS A HUGE PROBLEM FOR BAEZ.
        Now, with regards to Cindy’s misrepresentation of facts, while on the stand, that could provide a basis for an obstruction of justice charge, if Baez knew or should have known that she would tell facts that were untrue, when he called her to the stand. I can only imagine how this all will work out but I feel that none of this is loss on Judge Perry.

• dee
        Jul 3 2011

LOL. Confirmation is always good. I remember the whole suicide inquiry…it makes you wonder what planet Baez is on

3. Jul 1 2011

Does the Contempt of Court proceeding happen while the jurors are deliberating or after the whole trial is finished. The jurors don’t get to view this right?

• dee
      Jul 1 2011

I do not know. If you find out, please let us know. I will do the same. It will be entertaining to watch Baez defend himself in the same manner that he has defended Casey.

• Jul 1 2011

Hey Weezie, and Dee…. Well, the way my brother explained it to me…. There will be a regular trial with a court date, he’ll have to have a lawyer represent him – not wise to represent yourself, I wouldn’t think.
      The penalty will vary, some of the possibilities include: Jail time, fines, loss of license, suspension of license, remedial coursework…. It’s a very serious charge. It will only commence after the trial is completely said and done. Judge Perry will be applying the charges and the punishment if he is found guilty.

• dee
        Jul 2 2011

Let’s hope it’s televised. I would love to see Baez put on the only strategic defense he know…which basically entails, deny, deny, deny,…lie, lie, lie…blame, blame, blame…
        I will stay tuned

4. Jul 1 2011

In my opinion justice has been served. Liars should be exposed no matter how poor the Defence has performed. Let us now forget the Witnesses themselves. They are the people who’s testimony is used to find innocence or guilt. I do not believe in blaming the Defence in order to get a result that is just and fair. That would be like saying the Prosecution cheated to get their own side heard and used. No, Justice is coming whether we agree to disagree on the defendent’s innocence. Thank you to the state of Florida’s Legal team.

5. offthecuff
    Jul 1 2011

I would think that both the state and the defense would know Cindy is lying. The defense hoped to get away with it. The reason being that whoever was doing those searches was accessing myspace prolifically. Cindy said she did not use myspace.

Next, the defense wanted to pout over a toxicologist who they claimed was not qualified to assess organic and non-organic compounds. However, a chemist, such as a toxicologist, would be able to determine these compounds as they are chemical in nature.

• Jul 1 2011

That was the only part I got to hear today as I was so dang busy! But it made me chuckle a bit when HHJP questioned Baez about the toxocoligist and his ability to discern chemical compounds. 😆

Let’s not get our hopes up about HHJP finding Baez guilty of contempt of court or even hearing the case. If Casey files for ineffective counsel the contempt charges would be the very thing she could cite and the very thing that would give cause to grant it.

• Jul 1 2011

omg Sherry; What a thought. Let’s let sleeping dogs lie, and that also goes for the charges that the Prosectors could seek against Cindy, I wonder if Baez let this slip on purpose. hmmmmmm

• Jul 1 2011

Well, Sherry, I think ineffective counsel and contempt charges are two separate things. The contempt charge has to do with deliberate and blatant misconduct on Baez’ part. I am fairly certain that the contempt is totally separate…. And, I believe that Judge Perry was very sensitive to the “ineffective counsel” possibility and took a lot of precautions on that front. He bent over backwards to ensure the defense was handled fairly. The fact that so many of his objections were sustained, but he was allowed to find a way to get the questions right after trying a few times to figure out how to question a witness correctly. Most Judges, from what I hear, are not so kind.

• Jul 1 2011

I have forgotten what Baez’s misconduct ruptured from? Can you remind me what it was over? Also, whenever I post I have to erase my statement in the box when I next post to you. Is there a problem or have I not set my settings correctly? Also I lost my gravatar on your site?

• dee
        Jul 2 2011

“Bent over backwards” is right. There has to be some award for Judge Perry. (LOL) Good Grief!!!

6. Jul 1 2011

To everyone here. Take a look at this. I couldn’t believe the courtroom was this small! Can you imagine being there for this long? I am claustrophobic just scrolling through it.

7. Jul 1 2011

Do you see our little Marinade there!!!!!

8. damagdpets
    Jul 1 2011

Wow! Today finished like it began with seasoned attorneys for the state and seasoned attorneys for the defense that were not used. The lack of trial experience and out right arrogance sunk the defense. Not that they ever had something they could prove from the opening statements. The state finished pretty strong in finally nailing Cindy for lying. The state would have done just as well if they would have charged her with obstruction 2 years ago. The sum of injustice=George, Cindy, Lee and Casey. Casey may have been ultimately responsible but some how the entire family had some part in the lies and actions over the time period. There are two things left to do. 1. Let the jury do their job and hope they were able to understand every facet of the evidence. 2. A mass campaign by the people that followed this case to get the word out to not buy a book or support a lifetime movie that Cindy or Baez can make money from. There will be a dozen people that will try and make further dollars from the death of a little girl. Please remember that someone played judge, jury and executioner to a 2 1/2 year old that deserved to have a life. Don’t let her memory be dollar signs for evil people.

9. Jul 1 2011

damagdpets
    IF you have seen how many millions of people are fixated on this case, I think you are kind of dreaming. Everyone who has followed this drama won’t have had enough even at the verdict and punishment phase. Let’s face it there are going to be a lot of people who are going to get withdrawals from NO COURTROOM drama. Whatever will the networks talk about then? They are all going to the poorhouse emotionally too.

10. Jul 2 2011

If you take away JBs opening statement, his cry-baby antics, his ambush gorilla warfare, his hugh ego: he did put up a pretty good fight with a prosecuting team that have won 97% of their death penalty cases.

• dee
      Jul 2 2011

…you would also have to take away the impeachment of his own witness, exposing his client to having her prior convictions introduced into evidence, violating the Court’s Order, and really having no comprehensive defense after three years and thousands of tax dollars.

11. Jul 2 2011

If JB escapes with his license intact and his just reward forevermore living with the outcome of this case. Serve it with a fine plate of fricasse crow, a hugh helping of humble pie, Baez might come to be a redeemably fine defense lawyer one day. I sure hope so, otherwise, it’s back to his online bikini empire. Heck, he could star Casey as his top model behind bars catalogue shot girl series!

12. Jul 2 2011

Dee, I hear you. I am doing my best to absolutely think positive thoughts. This case hit me hard, a one, two, three, sucker punch, right in the heart. A rollar coaster of heavy emotions. And, it’s not over. And, there is another mother, from Texas, who dumped her baby boy on a remote dirt road in New Hampshire, or Maine. So heartbreakingly sad, again.