July 5, 2011

miscarriage

i think this is a dream, isn’t it?

Back at ya’ Mr. Mason. Photo Credit: PHELAN M. EBENHACK, ASSOCIATED PRESS / July 6, 2011

1. Brandon bob
    Jul 5 2011

I am just so happy the jury saw through this bad evidence. But that’s just my opinion and I have held strong to it since the beginning of this trial. Please dont bash me but I have always felt that this was not the right person they got.

• Jul 5 2011

ok, genuis WHO KILLED CAYLEE!!!!! answer please!!!!

• lethr
      Jul 5 2011

In what planet you live in, MISCARRIAGE OF JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she escaped here but, she is not going to escape from GOD JUSTICE!!!!!!

• Michael DeRienzo
        Jul 6 2011

Very true someday she will be judged but its so sad that this system we have sets many murderers free. I do have faith in GOD thank GOD but I lost all respect for our Justice system its a very sad day.
        Mike

• Michael DeRienzo
      Jul 6 2011

You gotta be kidding did you watch the same trial. Normally I would be proud to be an American however today Im asheamed to say Im an American. Justice was not done and the only person that knows what happenned to Caylee is Casey and there is no doubt about that. In this country you can kill your daughter, get away with murder and then become wealthy because of it. Its a disgrace.
      Mike

2. Brandon bob
    Jul 5 2011

it was a accident that snowballed out of control.

• Jul 5 2011

Oh Bob you stupid man..did you actully watch the trial?

• Brandon bob
        Jul 5 2011

yes I saw each and every hearing over the last several years. I asked nicely to not bash me as I have not done to you over the entire course of this trial. I have been respectful to everyone and just ask the same.

• Jul 5 2011

Brandon Bob. You have every right to believe that justice has been served. I am in pain over the death of little Caylee without justice served. I do believe in our justice system, but the system clearly did not work.
        How did Casey Anthony know the remains were found with a baby blanket? That information was never brought up by the State because it would mean they’d have to call Robyn Adams, it was dicey to call her since she is a criminal. I believe the State thought they had this case in the bag. But, they didn’t count on a less than intelligent jury who simply wanted to go home, and did not understand the law or reasonable doubt.
        It is a travesty of justice. A total Travesty.

Andrea,
        I think most of us who have been following this case fell in love with Caylee, that is why we have spent countless hours on blogs etc trying to get to the truth. But the sad thing is , is this investigation was by far the worst i’ve ever seen in american history. And the prosecution did not prove Casey was responsible but, what the evidence did point out is that it pointed to a frame job.God Bless Caylee.Take care. And thanks for your blog

3. Jul 5 2011

Not a dream…a nightmare.

God will serve the justice due Caylee now.

Exactly!

• Jul 7 2011

I would like to twist off that finger and shove it, er …. put it where the sun don’t shine

4. Jul 5 2011

Can there be charges against Casey for improper disposal of a body?

• NancyB
      Jul 5 2011

Excellent question but I would guess NOT because the jury obviously thinks this psychopath is not guilty and bought the lies that Baez spouted about George/Kronk? Travesty.

Double Jeopardy!

• Jul 5 2011

I doubt that very much, sadly, Sherry. I wish that was possible. I hope Casey lives every day of her life with wicked dreams and prays for forgiveness. But, I tend to believe she will commit more crimes and will end up like OJ, in jail – eventually. It may take a while, but it will happen

• michael derienzo
      Jul 7 2011

No to my understanding she can nevr ever be charged with any criminal act that has anything to do with Caylee. However your question is very good but I dont think she can.
      Mike

• Jul 7 2011

Thanks, Mike! She would just blame her father anyways.

Weird, Andrea-I went to post this comment and it appeared outside of the comment box! 😯

• Jul 7 2011

Hey Sherry, That’s weird…. I can’t even find this post on the page – looking at it from the backend of WordPress…. Anyway, I agree she would always blame her family – that’s her excuse. Let’s see her blame her parents when Morgan and Morgan depose her!
        thank god for Morgan and Morgan. It there is a lawsuit to be had in this case, I sure hope they’d would pursue it. Maybe they’d take Tim Miller’s cause? 🙂

• Jul 7 2011

That’s true, Mike – that’s how i understand it, too. Anything having to do with the death, accidental or otherwise, of Caylee, she would not be charged. Wouldn’t it be something if she says she wants to look for the REAL killer of her daughter?

• Michael DeRienzo
        Jul 7 2011

Yes that would be the possible scenarion if the state of florida can get her to agree to that because then I wonder if it led back to her what would happen, but she aint stupid thats the thing I wish the president would do something about this there was so much evidence even though circumstatial I cant understand how 12 people agreed to this verdict unless it was for financial gain who knows. I am so pissed at our system

5. Jul 5 2011

why put duct tape on a two year old child ?stain in the car, come on bille bob, sorry but what is your iq

Grandma,
      Sorry but go buy some Common Sense….

Peace.

6. Brandon bob
    Jul 5 2011

i am a college graduate with a legal degree. I didint come here to be bashed. I would have never bashed you all if the verdict went the other way. I wont come here anymore. I am just glad justice was served

• Andrea OConnell
      Jul 5 2011

It’s okay Brandon. People are just stunned. We all have a lot of soul searching to do about this.

Sent from my iPhone

Andrea,
        Thanks for atleast being civil….

• Jul 5 2011

It doesn’t help us to be rude to each other. We need to think of Caylee now and let this psychopath commit more crimes. What is justice? There is no justice for Caylee. The system broke down in Orlando. It broke badly.

It is sickening, but that’s our system.

Jul 5 2011

Brandon, please do no leave. I too have a law degree, however, I tend to believe that Casey is very much the person that killed Caylee. That said, I believe in the justice system, as I posted earlier.

Correction
        Brandon, please do not leave. I too have a law degree, however, I tend to believe that Casey is very much the person that killed Caylee. That said, I believe in the justice system, as I posted earlier.

• lethr
      Jul 5 2011

Are you kidding me!!!! legal degree? where did you graduated? oh yeah probably at pinellas county!!! got it!!!!

7. ally
    Jul 5 2011

I am sick, just sick. I need to hear from this jury as to how they reached this decision, how they processed the evidence. I need answers! Sadly we will never have them now.

8. Jul 5 2011

It’s a sad Day to see that a little Girl Caylee Marie Anthony did not get her Justice today which she deserved .
    This Verdict today is not a Reason to celebrate!
    Caylee was killed and left in the Woods triple bagged In Trash Bags with Duct Tape on her Mouth and Nose.
    When her Remains were found there was no DNA left because little Caylee was in those Woods and Swamp for 6 Month and All the Evidence washed away!
    Casey got lucky her Daughter Caylee was decomposed to just Bones by the Time she was found, which was to Casey’s Favor.
    Justice was NOT served for Caylee today!
    Casey got away with killing her Child!
    Cindy and George can reunite with their Daughter soon and every time they look at her they will be reminded who is responsible for Caylee’s Death!
    I wish them All the Best , they will need it!
    In the End we All have to pay the Consequences for our Actions and there will be no Lawyers to help us.
    With that said, I believe there will be Justice for Caylee Marie Anthony after All.
    Carma has a Way to catch up with People.
    Also let’s not forget The Prosecution Team and all Law Enforcement which done their Best to fight for little Caylee and bring Justice for her , their endless Efforts were acknowledged and appreciated!
    Their only Goal was to speak up for Caylee and seek Justice for her.
    Masons last Statement he made after the Verdict was as arrogant as a Man he is!
    Yes Mr. Mason is right this Case and how it was defended by the Defense did teach us a Lesson but it had nothing to do with finding out the Truth in this Case!
    Caylee Marie is still gone and No One was held responsible for her Murder!
    I hope the Anthony’s, ALL of them can sleep well at Night knowing what they know happened to Caylee and make no Mistake they do know, especially Casey Anthony!

• lethr
      Jul 5 2011

I am so mad, I have not been able to eat after that joke verdict!!! I agree with you!!!

• Jul 5 2011

Hilde, so well said and so true. Justice was NOT served for Caylee today, you are right. Today a citizen got away with murder. I hope NO ONE will pay Casey to get her “story” because it will not be the truth. What would she say about Caylee? She never cried for her in the courtroom. Will she cry now?
        It is painful to see this outcome. People are incensed, and they have a right to be, but also, we have to remember this is our justice system and it’s far from perfect (obviously), in fact, we now know it can be a CRUEL system.

9. whistlersmother
    Jul 5 2011

So Casey Anthony continues her sociopathic behavior and then kills someone else? this is just an outrage. Now the Jurors wont talk? WHY? are you afraid of us asking the tough questions that you obviously did not worry about?

• Jul 5 2011

Well, she will murder again and then go watch a movie with her boyfriend of the week and get another tattoo and party at a night club…oh, and get rich off of movie and book deals.

I have to ask God’s forgiveness for what i want to see done to her and her mother and her lawyers and the jurors…. 👿

• whistlersmother
        Jul 5 2011

I agree Sherry this is just completely ridiculous! I am so angry that those dumbass jurors left her not guilty on ANYTHING! So what she walked down the street, laid down in the woods, put duct tape on her mouth and died? COME ON PEOPLE!

• NancyB
        Jul 5 2011

“I have to ask God’s forgiveness for what i want to see done to her and her mother and her lawyers and the jurors”…. Me too, Sherry.

• Jul 5 2011

Me too, Sherry and Nancy B. How I wish she would sleep in the woods while bugs crawl on her, too.

• Kitt

Sherry,
        I agree about Casey getting rich. If she chooses to do so, I think she could do the talk-show circuit and ask for (and receive) a very high price for appearances. Cindy ends up being correct, when she wrote in one of her letters to Casey, that when Casey gets out of jail she won’t have to work.
        I read on a tweet today that Jean Cesarus (sp?) was with the Defense during their celebratory drinks afterwards and she said that C.Mason had told her that Casey would not being going to the Anthony home when she is released. Has anybody else heard this?

• Jul 5 2011

Ugh. These lawyers are dancing on Caylee’s murdered body.

I think it stands to reason that casey will not be moving home since there are many nutcases out there who will want to off her.

I fear for George Anthony now.

10. Tom
    Jul 5 2011

The idiot who shot the bird gets more time than Casey. George is a child molester. Cindy is a liar. Kronk is morally bankrupt. Lee is a peeping tom and countless others were thrown to the lions in the name of justice. What a travesty .
    Andrea, loved your running commentary throughout the trial.

• NancyB
      Jul 5 2011

Thanks Tom – that is the only laugh that I’ve had all day – flipping bird man gets more time than this psychopath!

• Jul 5 2011

Yes. Thanks,Tom. And you’re right; a travesty of justice. There is a murdered child still. There is a psychopathic murderer soon to be loose in Orlando. God forbid she turns into another Ted Bundy.

11. colleen
    Jul 5 2011

I am shocked! How STUPID are these jurors?? What was the reasonable doubt? There was no reasonable doubt. My husband is joking about jury tampering by Baez?? could this have happened? What happened to Caylee then??? I feel sick and I feel sad. No one in the Anthony family cares about what happened to that little girl. That is just sad.

ITA, Colleen

“Beyond a reasonable doubt= That no other logical explanation can be derived from the facts except that the defendent committed the crime- thereby overcoming the presumption that a person is innocent until proven guilty.”

How was this proven?

Jul 5 2011

I do not think that it was! However, I think we can learn from Brandon, Bob, who posted earlier. Brandon posted that he believes that this was an accident that got out of control. The fact that Baez introduced this baseless defense may have constituted reasonable doubt to this jury.

12. NancyB
    Jul 5 2011

I am heartbroken.. I am utterly dismayed that this jury discarded all the lesser charged options and basically have set this psychopath free. I am disgusted that Baez had the utter arrogance today to publicly declare that this was justice for Caylee. Did the jury have no understanding of the definition of reasonable doubt? Did they think any doubt was equivalent? I’m appalled and just gobsmacked at our justice system that allowed Baez to trash so many people and tell the jury blatant lies and call it evidence.

Will Casey next be appearing with all of her DT on all of the TV shows? Will she get her own Reality Show or just a 2 million dollar book deal?

The perversion of our justice system is more complete today.

• lethr

I know how you feel, I lived with this trial for the last 3 years,

13. steve
    Jul 5 2011

A murderer went free today. As wrong as the verdict was, I believe that a true miscarriage of justice is when an innocent person is found guilty. As disappointed as I am with the verdict I am still thankful that I live in a society that does the utmost to not imprison the innocent.

What disturbs me most is that we tolerate lying in our justice system. This naive jury had to sort through a mass of lies rather than weighing the truth. Lying to LE about the whereabouts of a 2 year old child should have a penalty of 5 years on each count, not one. Perjury in court needs to be prosecuted but rarely does that happen.

The only thing that would sicken me more than today’s verdict would be for an innocent defendent to pay the ultimate price. That alone is reason to abndone the death penalty.

• Jul 5 2011

Thanks for the sensible comment and you are quite right.

I did just watch a trial where an innocent man was found guilty of murdering his wife. She drowned in the bathtub and the experts said that she did not struggle and there was no sign that she was forcibly drowned. She had a problem with falling asleep at the drop of a hat but had no medical attention for it. The State did not present a solid case, imo.

I also served on a jury just recently and as much as we all wanted to find the young man not guilty, he took the stand and said some things that, by the letter of the law, made him guilty. We had to do what we had to do. I’m trying to look at it that the jury had to follow the letter of the law.

• Kitt
      Jul 5 2011

Steve, I agree with your sensible post. Thank you.

Jul 5 2011

Love your post…the dishonesty and bad faith on the part of the defense attorney was blatant. How is it at all appropriate for Baez to present a defense in opening that he could not support with evidence. This is a problem.

• Jul 5 2011

Steve, your comments are very true. If an innocent were sent to death, that would be a much, much worse scenario. Well, not too much worse given the scenario we have now. The system did not work today.

I cannot understand how people can get in front of a judge, swear to tell the truth, and LIE and LIE and LIE. I don’t know where we’re going as a society if we cannot appreciate the justice system.

Dear Jeff Ashton, Linda Burdick, and Frank George. It makes me cry to think of them.

14. darlene
    Jul 5 2011

Orlando, Florida – Home to Disneyworld and CHILD MURDER! If you’re planning to kill your kid, just make sure you do it in the state of Florida. Geez, how lucky for the defense that they were able to wrangle up the 12 stupidest people in Pinellas County as a jury!
    Ironically and sadly this psychopath will now have the EXACT life she wanted: she’ll be free, rich, popular, a media star. She will be able to live the life of leisure she craved enough to commit the murder in the first place.
    How can 12 people look at the same evidence the rest of the planet did and come up with this verdict? Even if they were confused about the science and threw it all out, their common sense should have told them that somebody in the Anthony household triple bagged that little girl, wrapped in a Winnie the Poo blanket and threw her in the swamp. Uhhhh, WHO could that be? An accident made to look like a murder? What genius would come up with such a stunt? Casey wouldn’t have spent the last 3 years in prison if it were an accident. Common sense has just left the building and it just makes me vomit.
    I blame these jurors. What happened in that room? Did they decide they’d had it with being sequestered? They wanted to go on their cruise? They didn’t want to spend 2 more weeks in a penalty phase? What a bunch of lazy idiots. I’m just so appalled. No wonder they fled the jurisdiction as fast as they could . . . a lynch mob was waiting not only for Casey but for them. Wouldn’t be a bit surprised if OJ writes her a congratulatory note praising her genius and asking for tips. UGGGGGGHHHHHHHH! I need a martini.

15. margaret
    Jul 5 2011

Linda Drane Burdicks fear of common sense not being heeded came through. This jury did not even think period. They have made it possible for Casey to make a shamble out of the court, and whatever she does now this jury has empowered her. This jury doesn’t have a clue about coimmon sense.

16. Jul 5 2011

Andrea…..lot of disbelief on this side! I do believe in our justice system and don’t take lightly what this jury had to go through but am disappointed in the verdict rendered. For the jury to say that Casey had absolutely no responsibility in the disappearance or harm that befell Caylee, why not go all the way and say she didn’t lie to the police as well? I think it was best said when LDB asked, “why make an accident look like it was a murder?”

The saga is not over. I am hoping that the civil suit is amended before Casey starts to make money. If it’s amended now there is a possibility that Casey won’t have as big a win fall but probably am kidding myself. There is also the chance that the greed factor of the family will turn on a new face in the way of a wrongful death suit by George, Cindy and or Lee. Well maybe not Lee because,sniff, he is always left out of the loop! I hope one day the short life of Caylee is reconciled. Thanks again Andrea……..

Jul 5 2011

Well said…I so agree with your post. I hope that Zanny pursues a civil judgment against Casey… Casey, has certainly earned it!!!

I too, believe in our legal system. Considering the stallar job that the State of Florida did, as well as, Judge Perry, as opposed to Jose Baez…the jury may have gotten it right, in terms of reasonable doubt!!! That does not in any way mean that she is innocent!!!

17. Rob
    Jul 5 2011

Andrea, What a sad day for justice. Hopefully one member of the jury will let the public know why and how they came to their decision. Sadly, we will never know how Caylee died. I suppose Casey’s lies paid off for her. By the time little Caylee was found; only her bones remained. No cause of death could be determined. “A Dry Bones Case, Very Difficult To Prove.” Many of feel common sense were not used, just as LDB stated in closing arguments. And I thought the OJ case was an anomaly. I must be dreaming!

18. dee

Rest.In.Peace. Caylee…
    You deserved so much better in life…. and in death….
    I will remember you!!!

19. dee

Andrea,
    I am speechless by the verdict!
    Nonetheless, I want to take a moment to let you know how special it has been to stop by only dreamin’, to read your incredible perspectives, or to just scream. Thanks.

20. one4truth
    Jul 5 2011

The words COMMON SENSE and REASONABLE DOUBT need to be redefined………..this jury must have had their own version of what they mean…………..

• Jul 5 2011

You are absolutely right. And some were uneducated. Travesty. However, this is our system…. Changes are needed …. TTYL….. Heading home now

Sent from my iPhone

21. Kitt
    Jul 5 2011

Now, you just watch Casey Anthony turn right around and file a lawsuit against Orange County, Florida for false arrest. Or some such nonsense.

Jul 5 2011

I hope the IRS and Zanny the Nanny shows up and demand the proceeds. She has yet to pay taxes on the money she received from selling pictures of Caylee.

22. dee
    Jul 5 2011

Has anyone seen the article wherein Baez asserts that he will take care of Casey…is she his new girlfriend? or cash cow?

cash cow, always was

• Jul 5 2011

Cash Cow! I’m sure there has been a plan in case this happened. I suspect them to appear together in the beginning to the highest bidder, self promotion. After that they will be independently writing books and selling rights to again, the highest bidder. I personally will not spend one of my dollars for George, Cindy or Casey to get rich but I’m sure the rest of the American public will. To think some where between 2-4 million state dollars paid for the prosecution and the defense to put on this case. On top of that you have the disability payments that have gone to the Anthony’s.
      Why do you think the Anthony’s left court so early? They left to get a jump start on the monet train before Casey gets out. Once Casey is out she will do anything in her power to shut her parents down like what she did to them in court.

Jul 5 2011

I plan to BOYCOTT all efforts for financial gain by Baez and Casey..that would be just like having a hot body contest on top of Caylee’grave.

• Jul 5 2011

Absolutely Dee. There will be NO regard given to either of them. There is not way in hell I will watch or read anything they put out. UNLESS, Casey admits to the crime and begs for forgiveness.
        She can do that now – she will not be punished.

I want to know when the contempt hearing will be held against Baez. That will be justice.

• Jul 5 2011

Dee…. I am having such a hard time reconciling my belief in our system of justice now. I think the jurors were not able to understand reasonable doubt. I also think these jurors wanted very badly to go home. Did the State not focus enough on Caylee? Did the State leave out too many aspects of the case such as Robyn Adams telling LE that Casey mentioned the baby blanket? That’s not hearsay. Did the State make the mistake to not call Kronk? Did that make them seem like there was something Hinky there?
        It’s futile to look at hindsight now, I guess.
        How could so many people be so sure about guilt but the trier of fact miss the facts?

23. Jul 5 2011

Andrea, I am concerned for you – please email me when you have time

hugs

• Jul 5 2011

Hi Kimmie…. I’m okay… just very sad. Our system broke down. I’ll send ya an email…. 🙂

24. Sandy
    Jul 5 2011

Just wondering if a civil case could be filed against Casey by the city of Orlando for all the resourses, funds and manhours that were spent searching for Caylee while she lay dead in a swamp.

• Jul 5 2011

Maybe against Cindy and George? They’re the ones who led the campaign that Caylee was alive when obvious they knew she was gone. Casey was in jail remember when Cindy talked for her, so did George all for the almighty buck. If anything I hope Casey sues her parents

25. Amanda
    Jul 5 2011

Hey Brandon Bob – I hear Casey is single, and looking for a place to stay. You might want to show up at the courthouse on Thursday.

26. Jul 5 2011

Please sign Caylee’s guestbook. It would mean a lot to me. I am very sad over this verdict. My prayers are with all of you who stood by Caylee for three years. Who labored in love and gave your best for this precious baby. HUGS

• Jul 6 2011

Shyloh,
      I am so sorry – this post got scooped up into spam folder. Back at you with hugs and love. ……….

27. colleen
    Jul 5 2011

A couple of thoughts, Who is going to buy a book written by Casey Anthony??? It would be all lies..I know i certainly would not even read her book. Same with the Anthony’s. I don’t think she will become rich and famous. OJ was shunned, when he wrote his book, very few people bought it. Look at Moncia Lewinski, no one wants anything to do for with her. Things may not be so rosy, same for Baez, hopefully, he will be disbarred. Who will have respect for him? Scum. ( i do not have much respect for criminal lawyers anyways)

28. Jul 5 2011

Maybe it was the hair strand that had the “17” factor that was proved NOT to belong to any Anthony member, let alone Casey or Caylee, that swayed the jury. I’M STILL WONDERING. Just thought I would throw that little bit out there before y’all form a lynching party. YES, I was shocked by today’s verdict. However, Justice has spoken. 17 law-abiding people, from the State of Florida, no different than you or I, did their civic duty, at a great sacrifice to their personal lives. I have NO doubt in their ability to form a personal decision based on their findings or to even question their intelligence. I am more shocked about what I’ve read here. The ease of which to insult another’s intelligence, being, or opinion, just because you don’t agree with them? My goodness, where is the justice in that? I wish you all well in life’s journey. Andrea, thank you for allowing me to share a moment on your committed goal of “here” for a year. And, on the path in search of truth and justice. Know you did “justice” for Caylee.

29. marcie
    Jul 6 2011

So where will Casey live? With Jose temporarily? I believe his wife just had a baby, will that be a tad awkward? No running errands and leaving that little one in Casey’s hands I hope… I’m absolutely heartbroken for this precious baby, that 12 people have let her die in vain. I think the court or the prosecutors (whom I LOVE..) made the mistake of not fully explaining what “reasonable” doubt truly means. Or, explaining clearly that we DO NOT live in a “CSI” world, which is why it’s a TELEVISION SHOW! That’s not how the real world works, and sadly, had these events taken place a decade or two ago, Casey would be prepping for the penalty phase tonight. There is no “reasonable” conclusion as to the killer’s identity outside of her mother, and for the jury to misunderstand that THAT was the question they were charged to answer, is unbelievably sad.

30. DawnMc
    Jul 6 2011

I heard one of the alternate jurors give a phone interview on HLN that she agrees with the verdict because there was no proof of manner of death, she didn’t understand why there would be so little chloroform left in the trunk, the family is obviously dysfunctinal, and she felt George Anthony had something to hide because he was so combative to Jose Baez.

31. Jul 6 2011

Question: How is it that a juror who is an alternate couyld possibly know what the rest of the jurors think? Were they not seperated before deliberations?

32. DawnMc
    Jul 6 2011

This alternate, Russell Huekler, is making the rounds of the morning news shows.

• Jul 6 2011

Good question, Sherry. They had to have talked – no question about it. What else did they have to do? It was unnatural to keep them like a prisoner to judge this criminal…. When cool heads reflect back on this, I hope we’ll get answers. But, I have no doubt that the Defense did not, for one minute, think they would win this.

33. CptKD
    Jul 6 2011

Andrea – Is there a way that HHJP can run an investigation into the Juror’s deliberations, and as to whether or not, they actually HEEDED his Admonishments throughout the trial – This alternate that is running around doing all this talking, sure as hell should NOT be saying the things he is being that he WAS NOT involved in the deliberations…

Remember when they had COLLECTIVELY asked for a piece of evidence to be produced to them… THAT right there, raised a flag for me!

And 10hrs – 40 mins – and but a few seconds on a CAPITAL ONE Murder charge for deliberations seems so wrong, on so many levels….

I’m just wondering whether a MISTRIAL can be called due to PROBLEMS\ISSUES with the Jury……..

Might there have been some tampering of sorts is the next thing hounding the recesses of my brain – I don’t know –
    But things just aren’t sitting right in the whole deliverance and the entire verdict as a whole!

My heart breaks once more for little CAYLEE!

• Jul 6 2011

Hey CptKD! There is nothing that can be done, I’m afraid. BUT, she was sent a subpoena last night by Morgan and Morgan.
      Remember OJ? He was found responsible in the civil case. BUT, no one will bring a wrongful death civil charge against her. I don’t know if people can bring a civil class action of wrongful death…. Maybe all the people of Orlando who were so invested in the search and the case from the beginning could bring a wrongful death law suit? I have no idea if that would be legal…. it would be just, IMO….

• CptKD
        Jul 6 2011

I have to be honest with you here –
        I am having a real hard time wrapping my head around this one!

I worked, and continue to work in the field and areas of LAW, and I’ve seen some things not always TURN OUT as expected…

But this!

How on earth did this go so wrong….

Why do I still continue to feel that JUSTICE WAS NOT SERVED here, even after having a Jury deliberate this case…

Something still seems so wrong – My heart is broke for that little girl, and I’ve had such trouble trying to get the tears to stop!

I cannot seem to find ANY sense in it all….

And I am sooooooo angry, it borderlines RAGE!

• Jul 6 2011

I agree with you. This is unjust to those of us who know the truth of the matter. The only thing we can hope for is Karma to take a real quick U-Turn and land on Casey Anthony. How in hell this jury did not at least find her guilty of aggravated child abuse is beyond me. There was DUCT TAPE on Caylee’s face. It’s too sick for words.

• colleen
        Jul 6 2011

Thanks Andrea, what a picture of Mason, i hadn’t seen that before. I am still upset and angry. Something, must have happened in that jury room, anyway you slice it, she is guilty, how could they have a doubt? Yes, there will be Karma, .. I have been thinking about it, and one thing I have learned, is that …what goes around, comes around or you reap what you sow. eventually, this will catch up with Casey and the whole crew.

• Jul 6 2011

Hi Colleen. I completely agree with you that Karma will surely come knocking. It may take some time, but it will come.

• Jul 6 2011

Your words always touch my heart, CptKD; and on this matter I share your opinions.

When I first saw the ‘southern gentleman’ giving us all the finger, I hoped the jury would see it, too.

Then it dawned on me–the ‘finger’ is exactly what the jury gave to all of us and to the justice system and to 34 month old Caylee Marie Anthony.

Some things make me wonder.

• CptKD
        Jul 7 2011

Hi Nan –
        Good to see you – And thanks for the kind words!

I agree – I feel the JURY did just that!
        I almost feel as though they just wanted to get back home!

Over three hundred pieces of evidence, testimony, video, pictures,
        and they managed to deliver a verdice in UNDER 11 hours.

I mean REALLY – They could have at least gave it 12 hours!!

Little CAYLEE deserved AT LEAST THAT!
        Heck- She wasnt even given a FULL day….

How sad and pathetic, really!

I feel sick inside over the whole thing!

• whistlersmother
        Jul 6 2011

Hopefully the woman on the east coast who claims she may be the grandmother will have her day in court with a wrongful death suit of HER granddaughter!

• Andrea OConnell
        Jul 7 2011

I haven’ heard about a possible grandmother out there! I hope there is! A wrongful death charge would be absolutely perfect. But, I think that the person bringing the wrongful death lawsuit has to be under 24 years of age – I hope I’m wrong though!

Do you have any links to this story?

Sent from my iPhone

34. Jul 6 2011

‎”Junk science”, as the snake Jose stated, maybe will show up as fact in the years to come. We can only hope. And just maybe in the future, there will be better laws, lawyer that have knowledge, and justice for the silence ones who can not speak for themselves.

• Jul 6 2011

Hi Donna, I agree with you that the laws should be looked at. It was suggested that there should be a “Caylee’s Law” for not reporting a missing child to authorities….

35. DawnMc
    Jul 6 2011

The only thing that happened in the jury room is that the jury bought another version of Casey Anthony’s lies. There’s no way a ‘good mother’ could have done that to her child. It was so much more ‘reasonable’ that a dysfunctional family would cover up an ‘accident’.

• Jul 6 2011

Hi Dawn – I totally agree. What I feel is that a dysfunctional family has nothing to do with the crime. The family is not charged, but if they had something to do with the crime, they’d be prosecuted. The jury should not have considered the family. But, the state made the family seem okay and the defense made such a big deal about making them nuts and unlawful. I keep thinking that it’s due to the jury not having the level of reasonable doubt they needed to send a person to death or to jail for life.

• Jul 7 2011

I refuse to support any TV programs that pays jurors to speak. One of them has an agent already and won’t speak unless paid.

I’m hoping that no one will ask him to talk…. No one wants to hear from a paid juror. He must be a sorry soul, a sick person. Makes me sick.

36. dee

Andrea:
    I can not believe this… I came across this article by Baez, where he asserts that Caylee would not want her mother to suffer or die. I almost lost my dinner. Check it out at:

• Jul 7 2011

Wow. The truth is, I honestly wouldn’t want Casey Anthony to die either, but how the hell would Jose Baez know what Caylee would want?

If Jose cared one iota for what happened to Caylee, he would not say such a thing! Maybe if Casey were repentant or sorry, maybe then Caylee would have pity on her rotten self and maybe forgive her….

37. whistlersmother
    Jul 6 2011

I have been in a cloud for 24 hours now, wondering what the hell happened? Something stinks in the jury room-I shake my head thinking that Cindy is laughing all the way to hiding-WE DID IT! and now to hear some info from the jury-one is demanding payment for any interview, another had a trip to Disney for her family via ABC-it is just not right. I have not watched any TV or read any news because I am so disappointed in the outcome for this baby. IT IS JUST NOT RIGHT!

Jul 7 2011

The more I hear from the Jury, the more I tend to agree with your assessment. At the end of the day, the Jury did not look at any evidence, evaluate any testimony, or analyze the entire case to reach a fair and just verdict. The system is as good as the jury and unfortunatly this jury stinks!
      In addition, I find it curious that within the time period of five weeks not one Juror was removed for talking about the trial…that is strange indeed!!

• Jul 7 2011

Everytime I hear a talkinghead say we must respect the jury’s decision I scream within! I respect the jury system and always will but I do not have to respect the decisions they make-I have to live with it, but I don’t have to respect it.

38. Jul 7 2011

From TMZ:

An official COMPLAINT has been filed against Mason with the Florida Bar Association because of the finger … in which Cheney is accused of violating a code of conduct which requires lawyers to maintain “integrity of the profession.”

What does he care? He’s retiring anyway.

• Jul 7 2011

LOL! I just read that on another site, too, Sherry! He is gross and callous – it’s so rude to gloat and parade like they are doing. There is still a dead child named Caylee in which no one is accountable for. There should be some decorum, but court jesters like he is care nothing for the truth, they only care for the win, like it was a sporting event. Sickening to me.

Jul 7 2011

Andrea,
        Andrea, I agree. The defense team really has no common decency… And as for Cheney, it must be a shame to be old and dumb…how very sad for him.
        As for Baez, I have given up on this man’s ability to exercise basic common sense. During the press conference, after the verdict, he had the nerve to announce, “Caylee has passed on.” This comment really begs the question as to how did she pass on. I wonder if this is a teaser for his book…or is he trying to tell us she simply laid down and passed on. Preposterous!!!!!!!!

Jul 7 2011

Sherry,
      Today, Cheney Mason stated that he gave the finger to a specific reporter, with whom he has an issue. I think this is a prelude to the lie he is preparing to defend his actions before the FL. Bar. He seems to have missed the point. This behavior is unbecoming an officer of the court (period)

39. CptKD
    Jul 7 2011

Like my “GOOD” friend recently posted on her blog:
    (With THANKS to Kim)

“No surprise big dollar amounts are being thrown around already.
    I myself, will not be spending one thin dime on anything Anthony related.
    Nor will I support TV programs, pseudo news casts, or any other possible way they will find to promote themselves.

I will however, laugh at each and every sick, sad and sadistic ‘Casey, Cindy and George Anthony’ joke I hear or read.

The are a laughing stock, and I intend to laugh my ass off!”

* I will add here – In my own words, and as posted over at Kim’s…

I hope somewhere in all of this, something that was “DAM WELL WORTH IT” reveals itself, and finally produces some sort of calm and comfort!

I am feeling really sad, almost like ‘lost’, and my heart is literally broken, once more!

How is it, that I feel this way, about a child that was NOT mine – That had really NO place in my life, and that meant nothing to me ALIVE…

My heart hurts!

OH – And it hurts bad….

And I don’t want to give THEM, any MORE of ME!
    NO MORE!

But little Caylee – Our precious, CAYLEE MARIE!

You have touched me in a way, in a place ,NO CHILD ever has!
    You’ve made me CHERISH and APPRECIATE, and LOVE –
    LIKE REALLY LOVE! Those around me, but especially my Brother’s young children; my beautiful niece, and two incredible nephews!
    You’ve made me reach out, and find the most amazing of friends…
    You’ve made me UNDERSTAND, and LOVE my Mother – More than I already thought that I did, or that I thought could be at all possible…
    You’ve made me pray – And PRAY, hard, like I’ve never prayed before!
    What happened to you, has made cry – Cry, like the child you were!
    But you, little you – Have made me smile, through your smile!

I will take that sweet smile of yours – And hold it deep in my heart, my thoughts, and I will remember it often!
    I will never forget you – And you will remain forever in my prayers!

I TRUST you are SAFE!

As I TRUST that one day –
    There will be RESOLVE and ACCEPTANCE.
    And KARMA will call upon, for that which is due !

I love you, Sweetie!
    And I will think of you in the SUNSHINE,
    as I will in the STARS and MOON at night!

God Bless YOU – And may you finally, Rest in Peace!

Jul 7 2011

Thank you…Your comment was a blessing to me!! For a while, it dried my tears and soothed my soul. Although, I am many, many miles away from Florida, every time I see a toddler or any child I scream silently within my soul, HOW COULD SHE!?!!!?….and there’s is simply no answer.

• CptKD
        Jul 7 2011

You are most welcome, dee!

I live in CANADA myself, and know and understand the ‘EFFECTS’ this child and her brutal murder has brought to so many people around the world…

I know I will “SCREAM SILENTLY” for many years to come…

When I hold my youngest nephew, who is two and half years old,
        I can really feel that deep pain, that twists in my heart…
        And I ask the same: HOW COULD SHE..

I guess at some point, we will all have to come to realize, that we will never really truly know what happened, other than the Inmate killed her baby, and actually got away with it…

I just worry now, that we’re going to get an onslaught of ‘fillicides’, with all these young mothers thinking that they too, can get away with MURDER!

• Jul 7 2011

CptKD. I agree with Dee…. lovely comments; made me cry. Thank you for your lovely words, as always.

• CptKD
        Jul 7 2011

I’m sorry if it made you cry!
        It IS, quite simply, how I feel right now about the whole thing…

And I thank YOU –
        For your kind words, your appreciation and knowledge of so much, and more importantly, for just being “HERE”!

Thank you, Andrea!

40. Jul 8 2011

Criminal profiler, Pat Brown, has written a post concerning arguments favoring the jury’s verdict here