August 3, 2011

probation for Anthony on hold – for now, anyway

It was another newsy day with regards to Casey Anthony.

First, the Honorable Stan Strickland recused himself from the Anthony fraud case in which Casey Anthony plead guilty and was ordered to serve probation.  At issue, as you’ve most likely heard by now, is the oversight in the probation orders typed by the court, as well as the interpretation of the orders by the Orange County Corrections.

The wording, in the written order, states there is to be one year of probation.  Because the sentence lacked the words “upon release” (from jail) it was not clear when the term of probation should commence.  Huh?

Probation is what it is – isn’t it?!!    It’s supposed to be an extension of the custodial process, right?  Who ever heard of probation happening while an inmate is in jail?  Well, perhaps if the inmate is in prison with out the possibility of parole, perhaps then it may be used.  Even then, if the inmate is in jail, it sounds like a redundant process, doesn’t it?

It was the Dept. of Corrections who took it upon themselves to set up Casey Anthony’s probation while in jail. Why they did this is anyone’s guess.  Someone failed to take the time to think this one through.

Judge Stan Strickland, the original assigned Judge in this case, when he realized that his order of probation was omitted, he amended his order to include it. And, oh the firestorm it caused!

Judge Strickland recused himself from the Check Fraud case today, and Judge Belvin Perry took the reigns.

The first thing that Perry did was to issue a stay as it relates to when the probation should begin.  The Court will hear arguments on Friday, August 5th, and will rule as to whether to enforce the probation, or dismiss it.

There’s every reason to believe that Judge Perry will uphold Judge Strickland’s position, unless Perry can find a legal reason to change the ruling.

I am not a lawyer, but it seems to me that probation is an important part of the rehabilitation process and should not be taken lightly, whether your name is Casey Anthony or Anthony Casey.

Regardless, Judge Perry knows his case law, and follows the law to the letter; if the law calls for probation, then it will begin.

In what ever decision he reaches, Judge Perry will have to weigh the safety of Casey Anthony.  If it’s possible to move the probation to another state, perhaps that is an option – I don’t know.  We’ll find out on Friday what fate befalls defendant Anthony in this regard.

I firmly believe her deeds in the check fraud case should have a period of real probation – not “pretend” probation as she served while in jail.

TMZ photos and video

Someone working for TMZ.com got pictures of Casey Anthony doing what she loves best: Shop!  She’s in Ohio, says TMZ.  Take a look at the pictures, do you think it’s her?  I do.

There’s a video, too.  You can view it at this link: TMZ.Com Video.

Casey Anthony, Credit: TMZ.com

1. Aug 4 2011

I’m not even gonna hope that Casey will have to go through probation in any way.

If that is Casey, and i believe it is because there was a side by side comparison of casey Anthony in the courtroom with the one from the Ohio shopping spree and the moles on the face and neck line up. Casey is like I was at her age in that she can gain weight (and lose it) rather quickly.

Since TMZ pays for these photos should they not be boycottedf as much as NBC and others? Just wonderin’…

Question: Is it true that HHJP could have overruled the jurors’ decision and called for a retrial?

• Aug 4 2011

Oops! I forgot to say that the side by side comparison was on the forum, Reality Chatter, that I’m a member of. If I run across that thread I will post it here for everyone to see.

Here is the thread-scroll down to Julie’s 11:03 comment:

Thing is, Casey is not alone! There is a camera man/woman or two following her and I believe this jaunt is staged so that Casey can earn some money. It would be risky for her to be out walking alone without someone with her.

• Aug 4 2011

Oops! Scroll down to the 11:43 comment of Julie’s and you can see the moles line up on her face and neck. If it isn’t her then someone went through alot to make it appear to be her-and for what purpose? I know we all have a “twin”, so they say, but it would take a lifetime to run into her or him for the vast majority of us!

• Aug 4 2011

Moles are easy to duplicate – eyeliner works well. All the need is a petite woman dumb enough or broke enough, a dark wik, stupid hat and sunglasses

• Aug 4 2011

Lol! Well that’s true, too, Kim!!! Never thought of it that way, but you’re right, someone who resembles KC could be profiting via this kind of scam. But, wouldn’t TMZ want some kind of proof or assurance it’s her? That’s why I believe it’s her doing this for a profit.

Sent from my iPhone

LOL!

TMZ wanting proof!! They don’t care – they may have even set up the scam! It’s all about money and NOTHING else!!

• Aug 4 2011

Sherry my guess is no. I think he can only overrule on penalty if found guilty, but perhaps Andrea can answer that more accurately, since I live in Canada. I wonder why it only works one way. If found guilty you can use loopholes to have your verdict reversed, but not if you are found Not guilty. There is a difference between INNOCENT and NOT GUILTY. I think the system is flawed. And I wonder why those 2 jurors succumed. I think Perry would have accepted a retrial without so much as a whimper. We have all been duped by conjecture and fantasy. It’s as if George Anthony was on trial not Casey. It makes me sick.

• Aug 4 2011

Hey Sherry… I know what you mean, it’s difficult to imagine that she is free to shop until she drops and take advantage of the hoards who want to pay for a piece of her.

And, I’m beginning to feel guilty at even writing about the antics of the lawyers and CA, and all her minions….. I don’t want to perpetuate the focus on CA because it’s still about Caylee for me… but, darn, I can’t help wanting to keep up with what’s going on.

It’s almost time for Project Runway!!! Will be back to post!!!

Will you make another PR post? 😛

2. dee
    Aug 4 2011

Last night the legal talking heads reported that Florida will aggressively pursue probation. Apparently, if the HHJP finds that Casey served her probation while in prison, then the prosecutor is prepared to argue that she violated her parole, by communicating with felons via letters, and demand that she returns to prison, etc.

3. Aug 4 2011

Dee I heard that too. It’s a great argument as well. I think Andrea is right though. There is a tape of Strickland’s ruling saying “to be served upon release from jail.” Why would a rehab back to society happen in jail? It doesn’t and apparently 99% of the time it is served after release from prison. The 1% might be given to those prisoners who were wrongfully imprisoned for a crime after they were found guilty. Casey was in jail because her bond was revoked and the judge did not allow her to be running free before her trial on the Death Penalty charges. We all know why the Defence are fighting this order. It means all the money she makes will on probation won’t have a chance to be made without the govt and other collectors, getting it. RIGHT!!!! No hiding it in the Bahamas etc.

4. Aug 4 2011

For now I am going to disagree that this is Casey. Casey is Jose’s meal ticket and if she was out alone, carefree, and browsing stores someone would of noticed and crowds would of started gathering around. It would be all over the news. If she is getting death threats, well someone in that position best be guarded like a hawk.

5. Aug 4 2011

Judge Strickland is a Gentlemen, that is more than can be said about Mason and Baez!
    It is clear what Judge Strickland ordered if some of those People who are constantly whining about Casey’s Rights would pay Attention to Stricklands Ruling. He is a fair Judge and that is the Thanks he gets, constantly being second guessed and his Character being attacked.
    Casey A. is supposed to report for Probation 72 Hrs. after her Release in Case of an Acquittal.
    What is so hard to understand about that!
    Judge Strickland had every Right to bring this Issue to the Courts Attention.
    Has nothing to do with being Biased towards Casey like he has been accused of by Baez and everything to do what is right and legal!
    It took a lot of Nerve for the Defense to criticize Judge Strickland to speak to the Media.
    What in the World are they doing? Every time You turn around Baez or Mason is on one of those Media Shows spewing some of their BS.
    Another Misconception from the Talking Heads in the Media, Judge Strickland stepped down on his own and was not forced to step down by the Defense.
    It was his own Decision. He is a wise and fair Judge.
    I am just really tired of some of those Media Talking Heads not getting their Facts straight and feeding People All that BS, just like the Defense has been doing. JMO

• Aug 4 2011

Thank you Hilde, I am so glad someone is saying what you have laid out here. And to add to the insult, Jane V. Mitchell is touting Casey’s rights with indignance. As if……What a show off beoach if you ask me. It is in vogue to be touting Casey’s rights I guess. If you do that you are part of the in crowd PACK of idiot talking heads. The reason for Strickland recusing himself was due to Defence accusing him of bias because he contacted a blogger to thank him and to wish him luck on recovery of a health issue. Well, what the hell, that means the Defence were also on that person’s blog. We all know who it is and never did Dave or the judge ever do anything wrong, but it was perception once the Defence filed their legal b.s. I just wish Strickland had not recused himself. We might have had atleast a shot 2nd time round.!!!! We can only hope that Perry finds it legally binding.
      We all know why the Defence is doing this. Under her parole stipulation, she must report what work she is doing or looking for. Her legal team will not be able to hide her earnings, which means the people lined up for payback will get a chance at collecting. No hiding of what she is up to. The Defence are only perpetuating illegal and bad behaviour, passing on yet another set of immoral actions for which Casey will adapt an even better state of lying. We all know that she could do her work outside of the U.S. and stash all the money in a non taxable country, for which the govt. and all her collectors would not have a chance at reovering their money. However, if she is on probation she would not be able to leave the country. Hence the whole Defence Teams lineup of money grabbing plans down the tubes. AWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Aug 4 2011

Hey Weezie! Excellent points! I read a tweet today that a source said the video and photos were staged and KC got at least $60,000 for doing the stunt. I believe it most certainly is her.

Sent from my iPhone

• Aug 4 2011

Andrea. I guess any money that she makes in the first few months will go directly to her handlers/caretakers. She must believe that she owes someone money for what they have done for her. But being such a psycho, she probably will make their life miserable unless she gets the big piece of the pie. I am thinking that Cindy and George should start to live a new life, without her in it. I hope they are getting the counselling they need to make that final parental break. They should like at her as if she was DEAD.

look at her.

• offthecuff
        Aug 4 2011

Even if she serves probation, Baez has proven his deft skills (above no others) to break the rules, flagrantly mishandle funds, “loose” financial documents, and skip paying bills. He will be able to hide any jobs/money of hers that he wants.

• Aug 4 2011

Bravo Hilde! I totally agree with you regarding Judge Strickland – his orders were not followed and when he realized they were not, he took the appropriate action. Judge Strickland would be remiss if he did not act accordingly. Any fool lawyer would want their client to forgo real probation as it does demand they live within rules like you and I; furthermore, probation ensures that they are, above all else, capable of being law abiding citizens! If they are unable to act within the confines that civil society demands, too bad, so sad, they go right back from whence they came! Frankly I don’t believe Casey will make it too long without reverting back to her old habits. Anyway, thanks again for standing up for Judge Strickland – I couldn’t agree more!

Sent from my iPhone

• offthecuff
        Aug 4 2011

I would think it would be very beneficial to the public to have her judicially monitored. That is what probation is for, I thought. It would provide her a certain amount of safety and accountability as she enters life for the first time on her own, without her parents, and, of course, without the responsibility of a child.

• Aug 4 2011

You think JP might use that argument?

• Aug 4 2011

I sure agree with you, offthecuff!

6. Aug 4 2011

I doubt its her – too many differences and I don’t think she would keep the long flowing greasy hair – it isn’t her ‘style’

I agree with shyloh as well that Baez would never let his meal ticket roam freely around what ever city she is hiding in. For what it is worth, I don’t think she ever left FL

7. Aug 4 2011

Hi Andrea and everyone here. i definitely say this is our snothead Casey. I would know that prissy walk anywhere. Look at her hair, that part that was shorter in front is there, she has only cut some of the length off. I do think definitely paid for to do this. She is not an on the run felon with a bounty on her head so i cannot see Casey keeping herself cooped up in a house all day now she is free. I am taking up for HH Judge Strickland too as he did absolutely nothing wrong and Casey should do her probation and she should be stuck back in orlando at hopespring address or better yet be made to put up a tent on the swamp lot where Caylee had to stay. As for Mason and Baez, i cannot decide which of the two i found more vile.

• Aug 4 2011

Hi Knight Owl and Louie….. sorry for the quick post, but i cannot keep my eyes open one more minute…..

8. Aug 4 2011

FWIW, InSession had a computer analyst on who compared the pics and said he was pretty sure it was her.

I also read a commentor’s assessment and she reminded us that the golfers that were at the airport the night of her release were returning to Ohio. I wouldn’t doubt that the twerp was in a golf bag, lol!

• Aug 4 2011

hi sherry its casey believe me.if you look at those glasses on her face those were the ones that were on her when she was arrested.the way she walks is also apparent that is her period.l thought for a long time yesterday l had to return to the photos more than a few times and that is her for sure she did not go for rehab for mental problems she is all about herself and does not think that she needs help remember she is perfect nothing wrong with her maybe us is what she would answer to.she is a fat slob a mother whos child that died all she thinks about is eating well wel thats our csaey the wf killer.

• Aug 4 2011

I believe you are right about those glasses, annie! Here is a YouTube of her on that October day that she was arrested (warning: Cindy Anthony in the picture, too):

• Aug 4 2011

I bet there are plenty of those cheap ass glasses around

just sayin

9. Aug 4 2011

I only have one question that outweighs the rest, in all that I’ve read, is this: Is that a mint leaf, Sherry?!

10. Aug 4 2011

…mint leaf? Where, when, whaaa??? lol

11. Aug 4 2011

Lol! on the reality chatter link, your smiley face has a lil mint leaf? hanging out!

• Aug 4 2011

Oh! Ok! That’s a bit of spinach-heehee!

mmmhmmmmm

sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

😉

12. Aug 4 2011

Kim, it must be true, cuz Sherry said so! ~They got that wild pointy spinach-leaf variety up there. lol! too cute!

lolol

Wanna brownie? I made ’em special…. 😉

13. Aug 4 2011

(Sorry Andrea, i got sidetracked with Sherry’s lil sumptin-sumtin she had going on!) This story has so many twists, turns, loop-de-loops, I am just not surprised anymore with the weasel Casey & Co.

• Aug 4 2011

LOL RahRah! I saw that spinachy looking smiler of an icon too! Cute…Sherry, you have the cutest little avatars…. 🙂

• Aug 5 2011

Thank yew! I love emoticons and especially the ones that makes one smile. :mrgreen:

14. Aug 4 2011

Is that with ‘organic’ spinach, Sherry? (them pesticides a killer! lol!) Dark Chocolate with anything, and I’m in!

• Aug 4 2011

After eating one of these brownies they can be any kind ya like! lol

• Aug 4 2011

I’d sure like one of those brownies….purty please?

• Aug 4 2011

Help yourself! It’ll give you sweet dreams~~~