August 15, 2011

a bird bath for a monday…

Monday Monday, can’t trust that day,
Monday Monday, sometimes it just turns out that way
Oh Monday morning, you gave me no warning of what was to be
Oh Monday Monday, how could you leave and not take me….. Lyrics by Winston Phillips, Sung by the Mamas and Papas

It was a tough day, a long Monday.  To make it better, I wanted to share with you some whimsical photos of a pretty little finch taking a bath.  I captured him (or her), rolling in the water, shaking the water off, and then just sitting on the edge of the birdbath looking content, clean and happy.

I hope you enjoy them!  P.S.  You may notice some strange things going on with the blog, I am working on updating it with a new look. Keep your fingers crossed that it will work!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

1. Aug 15 2011

Ah, some pics to make into jigsaw puzzles for my collection at JigZone! :mrgreen:
    Makes great wallpaper, too! Keep on taking these great pics~

Finches are so beautiful! In this hot summer it is refreshing to look at these babies bathing.

• Aug 16 2011

Hi Sherry! Yes, I think they’d make fun jigsaw puzzles, too. That looks like fun, too…. 🙂

2. Aug 15 2011

Haha wonderful slide show. LOVE IT. And I noticed the new look. At first I thought I was in the wrong house. It’s looking good…

• Aug 16 2011

Hi Shyloh, LOL! I was having some issues at first with setting up the new look, I’m still tweaking it… Thanks for noticing! 🙂

3. Aug 16 2011

What lovely pictures. They made me smile. I was feeling down today because my daughter and granddaughters went home to Florida. They were visiting for several weeks, enjoying our lovely Pennsylvania summer.

• Aug 16 2011

I am from PA now living in Houston – hot, humid Houston

sigh

• Aug 16 2011

Hi Rob, Aw, I’m sure you had a grand time with your daughter and granddaughters… It’s tough for the first couple of days, after they leave because it feels like the air is sucked out of the house – well, that’s how if feels to me after family or guests leave. This summer sure flew by, didn’t it?! School is about to begin next week…. this is a very busy time for the university I work for, too. The students are coming back now and it’s busy as can be… but nice to have the students on campus again, too!

I’m very happy the pictures made you smile! As soon as the weather cools down a bit, I’ll be taking heaps more photos. It’s just so darn hot!
      I hope you’re getting and enjoying cool weather now. Before we know it, it will be winter again!

4. Aug 16 2011

Wow!!!

I feel refreshed already!! Lovely to watch the birds and the new look is sensational!!

• Aug 16 2011

Hi Kimmie…. Thanks so much! I kind of like the new look, too. It’s fun to change the landscape every now and then. I also broke down and bought the upgrade to change the fonts… I think that really helps the look as well.

5. Aug 16 2011

I don’t know if this is the final product for your blog but I really like it! The beautiful font goes well with this theme. I must say as someone said to you awhile back-I miss Jazz’ photo. 😉

• Aug 16 2011

Thanks, Sherry! Yes, this is nearly final…Yes, it was Hilde who said she missed Jazz! I must put his picture on the sidebar, come to think of it!

6. Aug 16 2011

Hey, it looks great here, Andrea!
    Terrific photos! Your Florida finches sure have a lot more color than our PacNW ones.
    I had a little hummingbird trapped in my garage yesterday. Don’t know how long the little guy was in there before I entered the garage and discovered him. I opened the big door all the way up and he found his way out.

• Aug 16 2011

Good thing you saw the little guy, KittI I love hummers – such amazing creatures.

7. Aug 16 2011

Looking at the photos again, and I noticed something; does the female have a banded leg?

• Aug 16 2011

HI Kitt! Yes, all the birds have banded legs – they are in captivity in a lovely an lush environment with all the comforts of home! I go and sit for hours watching and taking pics of them!

Trackbacks & Pingbacks