August 24, 2011

wondering about probation requirements

Just a quick post about Casey Anthony’s probation, as ordered by Judge Stan Strickland, blessed by Judge Belvin Perry, and sealed with a kiss by the Fifth District Court of Appeals, Florida.

I looked again at the original order, curious as to what is required, and interested in seeing what a probation order actually looked like and said.  There are 13 points at the end of Judge Strickland’s probation order that sum up the requirements of probation.

The 13 points are:

1. Not later than the fifth day of each month, you will make a full and truthful report to your Probation Officer on the form provided for that purpose
  2. You will pay the state of Florida $20 per month toward the cost of supervision, plus a 4% surcharge per month by the fifth day of each month unless otherwise waived in compliance with Florida Statutes.
  3. You will not change your residence or employment or leave the country of your residence without first procuring the consent of your Probation Officer.
  4. You will neither possess, carry, or own any weapons or firearms without first securing the consent of your Probation Officer.
  5. You will live and remain at liberty without violating any law.  A conviction in a court of law shall not be necessary in order for such violation to constitute a violation of our probation.
  6. You will not use intoxicants to excess; nor will you visit places where intoxicants, drugs or other dangerous substances are unlawfully sold, dispensed or used.
  7. You will work diligently at a lawful occupation and support any dependants to the best of your ability as directed by your Probation Officer.
  8. You will promptly and truthfully answer all inquiries directed to you by the Court or the Probation Officer, and allow the Officer to visit you in your home, at your employment site, or elsewhere, and you will comply with all instructions he may give you.
  9. You will not possess or use any marijuana or other controlled substance except upon prescription of a duly licensed medical or osteopathic doctor and then only in accordance with the prescribed dosage. You will not possess any controlled substance, paraphernalia or forged or blank prescription forms.
  10. Unless prohibited from consuming alcoholic beverages by a special condition in this order, you will not consume alcoholic beverages, to the extent that your normal faculties are impaired.
  11. You will submit to a reasonable search without a warrant by the Probation Office of your person, effects, residence or business premises or vehicle for alcoholic beverages, controlled substances, weapons or firearms.  You will submit to chemical tests (breath, urine and blood) upon request of your Probation Officer to determine the presence and quantity of alcohol or controlled substance in your blood.
  12. The Court retains jurisdiction to place you in the Probation and Restitution Center upon recommendation of your Probation Office without finding of violation of probation.
  13. You will not knowingly associate with any persons engaged in criminal activity.

These requirements, it seems, sound fairly general with application to most any person serving probation.

I’d think that for Casey Anthony, the big question and the greasy fly in the ointment will be the work requirement.  Is writing your memoirs considered work?  I bet so.  Heck, she’s not likely to be working for Kodak Color Vision  again.

1. Aug 24 2011

Thanks for this post, Andrea~
    Her requirements aren’t all that bad because a drug addict she wasn’t and her drinking to the point of drunkenness was rare. I don’t see that any part of the probation conditions will be hard for her to follow. Now, if she moves back in with her parents, there may be some temptation on Casey’s part… 😯

• Aug 25 2011

oh dear… I think it would be pretty tough on her to be with her parents – I’d imagine there is a great deal of deep-seated animosity there. it would be dangerous for her to be at her parents, there are too many crazies who would hurt her. I can’t understand or fathom how anyone would be so mad they’d go to such extremes – over someone they don’t even know! I will never understand it.

2. colleen
    Aug 24 2011

What is she calling her memoirs:

My Daughter is Missing and Other Lies I’ve Told???

3. Aug 24 2011

When D.O.C. has her under their thumb, I wonder if Finnegan will be the chain of command Supervisor again, and if she dare to toll Casey after 3 months, lol!

• Aug 25 2011

LOL RahRah! Bet she’s not going to go too near any controversy again!

4. Linda
    Aug 24 2011

Hello Andrea, I think I was right when I told you that Cindy and Casey were talking to each other…..Now as far as a JOB I bet Cindy has that all worked out too….. I think I read that Lipman is in charge of their new fraudation… So I see him hireing Casey to do work for him (wink) , giving her a pay check from the fraudation, which will go directly back to $indy……….All legal right? lol

I put nothing past this Crime Family…… I do think Baez is getting tired of babysitting Casey and all the defense team wants to get on with lives….. I bet it sucks to be Casey right now………Thats what happens when you KILL the only friend you ever had………….sometimes Karma has a way of creeping up to you………..

• Aug 25 2011

Hi Linda! Yes, I believe you were right, I wonder how that’s going. I couldn’t possibly go without speaking to my mother for a day, much less three years. I only hope that someday they will find a new kind of joy, or something good to live for….

5. Aug 25 2011

The Way I understand it, Casey got a Waiver when it comes to having a Job. Out of Security Reasons Casey doesn’t have to have a Job, instead she has to take School Courses online, that’s according to Baez.
    Again, special Arrangements have been made for Princess Casey.
    She won’t be able to be protected all her Life, sooner or later she will need to be on her own. JMO

• Aug 25 2011

Hi Hilde 🙂 Yes, you’re right I just read that today. Well she couldn’t possibly work – that wouldn’t work. I really do hope she learns something and can better her self somehow. Like others have said, unless she has faced what she did, she probably won’t be able to grow…. Oh, God1 I almost sound like I feel sorry for her! I don’t, but I do hope she is able to live her life without fear of retribution from the crazies of the world!

6. Aug 25 2011

Hilde, as I am reading your comment I can feel my blood pressure rise! That is probably why I, and everyone else gets their panties all twisted up in a knot! It just makes it seem JUSTICE has a pricetag.

• Aug 25 2011

sorry, I didn’t mean to get Your Blood Pressure up 🙂

7. Aug 25 2011

I don’t think there were probation issues she couldn’t handle. The PO probably already had alternatives worked out. The money is just not there to chase her or anyone else around that’s why they have to report in, answer a few questions then gone for another month. The one thing that I am curious about, who is footing the bill for the roof over her head and expenses because there is no way to get a job and no money coming in. I don’t think she will be signing any book or interview deals soon because of the lawsuits pending and the ones on the way. She will play the indigent card until that is over then try for a paid interview.

• Aug 25 2011

Hi Damagdpets,
      I wondered the same thing about where the heck the money is coming from – who the heck is footing the bill.

I kind of thought that she’d want to get a big pay-day before the lawsuits rolled in but maybe not. She has some pretty big bills coming in… I can’t fathom it!

8. Aug 25 2011

Thank you, Hilda, that is sweet of you! but, my fault for putting myself on this emotional teeter-totter with Justice on the chopping (or shopping) block. I say that, because there has just been TOO MANY unbelievable errors in the C.A. case to be a coincident. And, Damagd Pets, you’re right about the money trail. Wonder where it leads, or to whom?

9. RacA conviction in a court of law shall not be necessary in order for such violation to constitute a violation of our probation.hel Baltes
    Aug 26 2011

What was the date on that probation order? She already violated No. 4 part of which states “A conviction in a court of law shall not be necessary in order for such violation to constitute a violation of our probation.” Of course no one will catch that either.

10. Rachel Baltes
    Aug 26 2011

• Aug 26 2011

Believe it or not, because of motions and appeals filed, Casey’s probation issues did not start until the day she reported. She did report on or before she was supposed to and believe the DOC already had alternatives because of alleged threats. I’m not excited on how all came together and believe as long as her attorneys have a short leash on her, she probably will not do anything to violate. But! there is a whole year and the possibility for her to make a mistake is there.

• Aug 28 2011

Hi Rachel, I think you’re right!

11. Rachel Baltes
    Aug 26 2011

Correction No. 5

12. Aug 26 2011

In thinking about the employment situation, it’s probably simple to get around. All Baez, Mason or Simms would have to do is put her on there respective payrolls as office help that allow her to work off sight via computer. Let’s just say they each pay her 8 hours a week @ minimum wage to satisfy the Doc but she never cashes the check. Typically 60-90 days and the check reverts back to the company. The DOC would never find out unless they asked to look at a active bank account. I guess my point is that there are many ways around the stipulations of her probation. She has been surrounded by enablers her entire life, why would it stop now? The attorneys and anyone close are in for the long hall, the big payoff! As much as I hate to admit it I still think there will be some kind of pay day for those involved. I would like to think the public would have enough will power to not buy a book, watch an interview or they essentially become another enabler. There have been a great number of people that flooded networks with emails. The power of the consumer have spoken and I think the networks listened this time. I guess we will have to wait to see if anyone other than Dr Phil caves in.

• Aug 28 2011

Hey DP, I agree with you, there is a payday coming, if is hasn’t already happened. I will not, not, not ever read anything from anyone associated with the defense, unless someone writes a “tell all” from behind the scenes – that would be interesting!

Did Dr. Phil cave in? Oh my, I am behind the times!