October 12, 2011

morgan’s golden egg

Casey Anthony has been booked into the Orange ...

Image via Wikipedia

Last evening I learned about the two new bar complaints against Jose Baez; tonight I’ve learned that the video deposition that the Orlando Morgan and Morgan law firm conducted of the disguised Casey Anthony is going to be released to the public very soon.

The media is clamorous over this video, despite the fact that Casey Anthony’s only response during the deposition was to repeat her Fifth Amendment right against self incrimination.   That doesn’t sound very interesting, but since this will be the first we’ve seen of her since being released from jail,  there is interest from the public.

Of course, Morgan and Morgan, who are sucking the Zenaida Gonzales case for every last ounce of media attention they can get, will surely use this video to their advantage.  Will their press conference on this issue be “first at five?”

In regards to that civil case, I do have a problem with it.  The problem I have with Zenaida Gonzales possibly profiting from a situation in which she claims her good name was sullied, is really a stretch.   Granted,  she lost her job as a result, hence her income – through no fault of her own.  But, now that her name and face is commonly seen in the media, infers that Zenaida is not really concerned about being over-exposed in the media.  She is now completely recognizable.

She will no longer be able to enjoy the favor of anonymity in the Orlando area.  And, isn’t her anonymity part of her complaint?

As a result of her law suit, and the dogged determination of Morgan and Morgan, her face and her name now ensures her notoriety.

Her claim that she was fired because her employer though she could be “the” kidnapper of Caylee Anthony, always seemed weak to me.   If she was fired from her job as a result of being falsely accused, the agency to heal that issue is the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).  They would have ensured she regained her job.

You’d think if she was really harmed by her good name being associated with the Anthony case, you’d never know it now.  The visibility that the Morgan and Morgan law firm has provided her ensures she will be always be exclusively aligned with the case.  No more anonymity.

I can’t really put my finger on it, but there is something disingenuous about the big and powerful Morgan and Morgan firm (Former Governor Charlie Crist is employed there), going to bat for this small civil case.  No doubt the work they’ve done  up to this point has been very expensive – I’d imagine their rates are not cheap!  The transparency of  what Morgan and Morgan is really after couldn’t be more clear – I guess that’s what bothers me.

The media attention and name recognition for Morgan and Morgan is golden.

Well, they act as if they’ve laid the golden egg, anyway.

1. Oct 12 2011

Every time a blogger writes a good article for or against this civil suit I find myself agreeing with them. I’m dizzy by self-imposition from my waffling on this so much. I’m just going to say, Come what may… 😉

• Oct 12 2011

I hear you, Sherry! I was originally of the mindset that the case had merit – now it’s just grandstanding. At least, it seems like it’s all just a game to me…..You couldn’t have said it better: Come what may…. what will be will bee, que sera sera!

2. KC
    Oct 13 2011

I like that she can get money and Notoriety…F*** Csey and her damn Lying Lawyers…Goodbye Bozo and Birdflipper and P.S. Casey get a job and lay off the sauce you freak!

3. Oct 13 2011

I actually find it amusing. Anything to make Casey’s life miserable I am all for it. Right or wrong. It’s amusing! Once again. Like they want us to believe Caylee drowned and she sat in jail for three years over and “ACCIDENT”… Now instead of telling the truth she is once again playing the game. It’s all about her and how long she can keep up the lies. Or everyone guessing.

• Oct 13 2011

This I agree with. Casey lied about this woman – Casey lied about everything. Her lies put an awful lot of people on the hot seat through no deeds of there own.

Let Casey be uncomfortable. If Zenaida makes a bit of money off casey’s lies, good for her

• KC
        Oct 13 2011

Agree with u both

• weezie
      Oct 13 2011

Shyloh; It’s an addiction, this lying. She get’s high on fooling people. The game is to make the stakes higher each and every lie ahead. The bigger the whopper, the bigger the orgasim she has for staging her web of enticement. That being said, my belief was Casey had a great big smile on her face when she KILLED her daughter. The cover would soon be blown by Caylee. It’s so simple, that the Jury stepped out of the box to find their answers, when they should have stayed inside it, and done their job.

4. offthecuff
    Oct 13 2011

Yes, Morgan and Morgan want to USE Casey for their own advantage, namely, at this point, advertisement.

But it appears that they are going beyond that advertisement, beyond Zenaida herself, to get at the truth of what happened to Caylee. Of course, they can’t actually do that, but they do want to PICK at her lies, make her squirm at her and Baez’ claims, and reveal further that she knew what been happenin’

I think this will help other claims down the road, such as Tim Miller’s. Is Morgan in some way also out for justice for Caylee?

Also, I don’t think Zenaida is or was ever shy of noteriety, as long as it’s the good kind. She never was compensated for her mistreatment, as her case was put off, and put off, and may go on for some time due to the fifth.

Should Zenaida just let it go? Should we all just let Casey, Caylee, and the Anthonys go? Should Tim Miller just let it go? Or, if there is some other legal ramification for the lies in which people were hurt be pursued? Should the Anthonys go for wrongful death in civil court? (as if….!)

• Oct 13 2011

I like Your thinking offthecuff and I agree with You!

• weezie
      Oct 13 2011

O T C. I sure hope you are right about Morgan and Morgan going the distance. I don’t think anyone should let their ilegal ssues with Casey go. It’s more important now, that she stand in court to answer all the claims before her. Nothing will be resolved until the truth about how Caylee died is out in the open. No wonder there are so many after her little ass. She lied so much and so often, accusing her father and brother of abuse and blaming Caylee for her own drowning!!!!. We all know one thing. It’s no accident that a baby girl had duct tape over her mouth and nose, stuffed in triple bags and thrown away like trash in a cold swampy woods. Noone will ever forgive Casey, ever.

5. Oct 13 2011

Nothing really surprises me anymore when it comes to this Case for the simple fact that every one who is involved in this Case is trying to make Money one way or another.
    The Gonzales Case is no different. However I must say, I have no Idea what that Woman has been through because of Casey Anthony’s Lies, therefore I really will keep my Opinion about her to a Limit.
    Casey Anthony’s Lies effected many People and she basically started the whole Money Train on which every one is eager to get on.
    It is really sad, after All an innocent Child was murdered and some People take Advantage of that to get their 15 Minutes of Fame and feed their Greed for Money.
    I don’t know where that Zenaida Case will go, will she be successful? I don’t know.
    I do know if it wouldn’t been for Casey Anthony’s Lies, there would be no Law Suit.
    So it really comes all back to Casey Anthony.

• Oct 13 2011

And don’t forget her parents got off for lying also. That to me was a HUGE slap in the face. ALL of THEM got off with MURDER as well. (the family that is)

• Oct 13 2011

shyloh, yes I agree

• weezie
      Oct 13 2011

Hilde, you bet it does. Well said

6. Oct 13 2011

Morgan & Morgan are not after 33% of the proceeds from ($15K)if they win a judgement. They are getting a million dollars in advertising from the media. I am one of the believers in the merit of this case. Had it not been for Casey telling the 911 operator, an oral interview and written interview, Ms Gonzales would still be struggling to provide for herself and children. This is the only Gonzales that can be tied to the case because of the Sawgrass Apts. LE and then the media were searching this person out. I started to wonder how I would feel if the police came knocking at my door and leaned on me because I was accused of something I know nothing about. Having satisfied LE then having to answer to the media that won’t let up. Yes I believe there is merit.

7. weezie
    Oct 13 2011

If this happened to me I would be suing for a hell of alot more for pain and suffering alone. I would claim, that I have insomnia, break out in a sweat, whenever I see a uniformed cop, I can’t go out because of the media hounds followoing me, ie: no privacy, loss of my job, and now I have to see an Analyst to help me get my confidence back. etc etc. ….. You know, lay it on thicker than goo and hope that a couple of 100K comes my way. ZFG, never met Casey before all of this and was an innocent bystander. She deserves this day in court.

8. colleen
    Oct 13 2011

I’m glad Morgan and Morgan are still pursuing Anthony!

9. offthecuff
    Oct 13 2011

Weezie, insomnia, sweats, and police distrust may have been what Zenaida and her children suffered for a while. Not that LE was undue with their investigation, but they went through their apartment, digging through drawers, etc. Very unnerving. I’m sure, Zenaida is no saint, and we all have bad encounters with others from time to time…

But I know I’ve never received her kind of hate mail or publicly been considered a kidnapper or been on that kind of hot-seat with LE.

That was then, this is now. I would say the public more than knows she is not a kidnapper. After all, Casey is a convicted liar. However, monetary restitution is a justice in itself.

And all liars who chose to point the finger, should look and listen. That goes for the National Enquirer as well.

• weezie
      Oct 14 2011

Indeed N.E.

10. Oct 13 2011

Hi all… what excellent comments…. totally valid points. i didn’t realize the extent of Zenaida’s abuse as a result of this case…. I do feel more sorry for her after reading a bit more, and especially after reading your comments….. 🙂