November 4, 2011

weekly photo challenge: windows

A great topic for this week’s challenge!  Lot’s of possibilities.   I love the word “windows” as a metaphor – seeing more than what is present at first glance – windows of the soul… eyes….

Windows would also be lovely topic to write about, I think.  Well, one of these days….

Anyway, I didn’t think I would take part in the photo challenge this week  because I don’t have a single photo of a window.  Well, I was thinking of  “windows” in the literal sense.

Driving home from work tonight, I let my mind wander through the photo files on my computer.

I knew I didn’t have any beautiful or interesting shots of windows.   I have lots of photos taken with my cell phone while sitting in my car – in traffic.   ( Sitting in traffic is a constant here in South Florida.)  I love to take photos with my cell phone – filling the time.  I especially love capturing dark clouds as they roll in.  And it’s fun to take pictures through the rain on the car window.

Anyway, I remembered this photo I’d taken of Jazz as he’s looking at me through the glass of the sliding glass door.  He was so mad at me because I was outside and he was inside.    He’s a whimper-er.  He has a shrill whimper that sounds like “hmimp, hmimp.”

I took this as I was out side taking pictures of ducks – unfortunately for the ducks,  he loves chasing them better than anything.  He will lunge, then jump up at them as they fly away into the water.  (I’m pretty sure the ducks figured out that Jazz  was totally harmless… though they’d never, never dilly-dally when he was nearby.)

Doesn’t he look sad in this picture?   I finally did let him out and the ducks dealt with it with their usual flat-footed aplomb.

this is a blow up of his eyes - you can see me taking the photo!

1. Nov 4 2011

Well I think Jazz is gorgeous – I’ve got a dog who sounds just like him – I call her the Demented Fox Terrier (Chevvy for short) hehehehe
    And I love your different take on this weeks theme – very cool

• Nov 5 2011

Hi Jo!

Thanks – I also think he’s super-handsome, too!

Jazz is my first dog, aside from childhood, family dogs. He’s amazingly bright and full of that terrier energy. He doesn’t walk or run like a normal dog. He prances and he jumps up in mid run (like a horse or a gazelle does) when I tell him “go out for a pass” and off he goes in anticipation of catching his “bally” which is shorthand for any one of his toys. He will do this over and over and over until he’s a pooped player. Then he plops on my lap or in his bed for a good nap.

• Nov 7 2011

awwww – he sounds adorable. and what a sweet face – looks like trouble behind those eyes though

2. http://postadaychallenge2011.com/2011/11/04/weekly-photo-challenge-windows/
    wow what a great photo…my post today has a dog too…Loved this.

• Nov 5 2011

Hi Jackie! Thank you so much! I visited your site and your photos are amazing! Your blog is amazing – your work is amazing!!!! 🙂

3. Nov 5 2011

Lovable eyes so cute

• Nov 5 2011

Thanks Jake! Loved your entry, too. Love all your work….

4. Nandini
    Nov 5 2011

Wow, great work. Love the refection photo. 😀

5. Amar Naik
    Nov 5 2011

nice interpretation of the challenge

6. Nov 5 2011

Jazz is beyond cute. He is communicating with you Andrea; just look in his eyes.

7. Nov 5 2011

Lovely eyes! Great photo 🙂

8. Nov 5 2011

Nice shot Andrea – but Jazz doesn’t look like a chihuahua to me….but then again, mine doesn’t look like a typical one either.

9. Nov 5 2011

Definitely windows to a sweet soul. 🙂

10. Northern Narratives
    Nov 5 2011

Wonderful photo!

11. Nov 7 2011

Cool shots! Very nice how you are reflected in the eyes. The eyes are the ‘windows’ to the soul right?

Trackbacks & Pingbacks

1. Weekly Photo Challenge: Windows « Post A Day 2011 | Wordpress Challenge
  2. Weekly Photo Challenge: Windows « Mike Hardisty Photography
  3. Weekly Photo Challenge: Windows.. | melonpopzdropz …
  4. Oglądaj foty» Blog Archive » weekly photo challenge: windows | only dreamin'
  5. Twoje foty » Blog Archive » weekly photo challenge: windows | only dreamin'