November 18, 2011

Weekly Photo Challenge: Breakfast

This week’s photo challenge is breakfast – which I rarely have time for, but love just the same.

Today’s breakfast was really yesterday’s breakfast – a big cup of Cheerios  – which I didn’t eat today either.

If I were not so stubborn about getting out of bed, I might have time for breakfast!

I need to leave my house by 7:45 to get to work by 8:30.  The problem is, I wait until the third snooze alarm before I get out of bed – at about 7:30, which leaves me 15 minutes to get ready……

Sometimes I wake up before the alarm, at about 6:30 or 7:00 which is amazing in itself.  If I didn’t have to sit comatose at the edge of my bed forcing my eyes to open then manually arranging my brain parts so they’ll fire, I’d probably have time for a leisurely breakfast.  It takes about a half an hour for my body and brain to recognize each other in the morning – many times my Corpus-callosum and Amygdala refuse to speak to each other – that’s what I call a hairy start of the day.

I’m not me in the morning.  Usually don’t recognize myself because I look like the Madwoman of Chaillot in a Halloween costume and still drunk with sleep.

I hate mornings….’nuff said?  🙂

Shot with iPhone camera

1. Nov 18 2011

I laughed when you said you had cheerios for breakfast, because here in Oz, cheerios are little fat deli sausages!
    Oh, and thanks for the pingback!

• Nov 18 2011

Hi Barb! Oh that’s funny! Well, our cheeries are like teeny wheat circles, crunchy until they sit in milk too long! I also like to put them in my yogurt – nice and crunchy!
      (you’re welcome for the ping-back!)

2. Nov 18 2011

Very funny post! I’m glad to know that I’m not the only hitting the snooze repeatedly. Maybe I’m even worse; I have my alarm set for 4 a.m. My work starts at 7. Crazy, huh? But there’s actually a tiny bit of logic to my madness. I used to run 4.6 miles every morning before work. After my run, I’d have a shower and then a nice little breakfast. Well…it’s been about 3 years since I’ve actually gotten up and gone for a run. But I keep my alarm still set for the same time, because “one of these days” I’m going to get back into my morning running routine, and I don’t want to get out of the habit of waking up at 4 a.m. Ha! So my most recent routine (for about a year now) is that when the alarm goes off, I will reset it to go off in another hour. When it does go off an hour later, I will hit the snooze bar for another hour, in 9-minute increments. The most surprising thing of all is that I can do incredible things with my alarm clock in my sleep that really require me to think how to do when I’m awake. It baffles me. Oh, and the Cheerios? Yep, I’ve picked up those a few times on my way to work, because I’ve gotten up too late to concoct something else. But I haven’t picked up Cheerios since the morning I forgot to grab milk to go with it. So I tried water, figuring it can’t be THAT much different. Wrong. Horribly wrong!

3. Nov 18 2011

A Different kind of breakfast looks yummy

• Nov 20 2011

Thanks, Jake…Yeap, a bit of cardboard never hurt anybody!

4. Nov 19 2011

Such a good “on the run” breakfast. Sometimes I like cheerios by themselves without milk, they taste so sweet like that! Yum hope you are having a wonderful day!

• Nov 19 2011

Hi Zing! I like them alone too for an easy snack that lasts at work. And, they’re soooo good in yogurt – that’s my fave.

5. Nov 19 2011

better breakfast makes a better morning – you need someone to bring the breakfast to your bed I believe …
    greetings by

• Nov 19 2011

Oh, Frizz – you got that right! Breakfast in bed for sure! 🙂

6. Nov 19 2011

Very funny Andrea. And, I am just the opposite. Probably one of those way too happy chicks first thing in the morning you’d like to smack, LOL! Thanks for popping by my blog. Margie

• Nov 19 2011

Hey there latebloomerbuds…. LOL! I need to model your behavior! It’s funny, today I had to get up at the crack of dawn for an all-day YMCA meeting/retreat starting at 8:00 am (on a Saturday, no less!), and I bounced out of bed! So, I have to face the brutal facts that it’s where I have to go Monday to Friday that’s making me want to stay under the covers….

7. Nov 19 2011

Love it!

• Nov 19 2011

Thanks halfcnote! (I love the name halfCnote, by the way! 🙂

8. Nov 19 2011

i wondered when i read cheerios as well – sausages here in NZ

• Nov 19 2011

Hi Jo – that’s so funny! I never would have thunk that sausages would be a “Cheerio” meal!

9. Brandon
    Nov 19 2011

LOL. I know how you feel Andrea. I am not much of a morning person either.

• Nov 19 2011

Hey Brandon…. yup, it’s rough! I’m a major night owl… 🙂

10. Nov 20 2011

I know what you mean by waiting for the 3rd snooze before actually getting out of bed. I just want to have a “few” minutes of laying in before getting up especially in a very early cold morning! Have a great day!

• Nov 20 2011

LOL! Gracie – yup….I hear ya! In South Florida it’s a rare day for really cold mornings…. oh, but when it does get cold here – it can chill you to the bone – and it’s always good to hit the snooze a few times more… 🙂

11. Nov 20 2011

Thanks for ‘like’ Andrea! Wish we had cereal in a pot over here (UK!) 🙂

12. Nov 20 2011

These little cereal containers also make for great quick snacks! Your post had me laughing out loud. : )

13. Nov 21 2011

Ahhh the snooze alarm, a real friend. It is amazing how good those extra 9 minutes, or for you is it 109? feel, the best sleep can be had in 9 minute increments.

14. Nov 22 2011

I can certainly relate. During the workweek I prefer sleep to eating. I drink a slimfast on my way to work. The weekend, on the other hand, is where I must indulge to make up for it 🙂

15. Nov 24 2011

You should participate in a contest for among the best blogs on the web. I will advocate this website!

Trackbacks & Pingbacks