December 2, 2011

Weekly Photo Challenge: Waiting

The weekly photo challenge topic is waiting…. and it is a challenge because there are many ways to interpret what waiting is.

I chose to use one of my photos of butterflies as they slurp up the sweet nectar of a waiting flower.

Here it is – Update:  Photo #2 is the original I posted last night.

I realized this morning I’d chosen the wrong photo to publish!  I intended to post #1 last night.  I like #1 because the wings are quiet and appear darker – in focus. However, in #1 the Butterfly’s face is less focused…. Trade off, I guess!  🙂

(Click on either photo to see the detail.)

#1 Flowers waiting for the Butterfly ~ Andrea O'Connell 2011

#2 Flowers waiting for the butterfly ~ Andrea O'Connell, 2011

1. nelson RN
    Dec 3 2011

I love your photo! Beautiful!

2. Dec 3 2011

I Love this post I`m glad your share it 🙂

3. Dec 3 2011

Brilliant photo! Perfect shot just in time to get a close up look of the butterfly!

4. Dec 3 2011

The colours, shape and form come together so well! So pretty!

• Dec 3 2011

Thank you Patti – and yours are amazing. Thank you for being in NYC amidst all the Occupy goings-on and doing such a great job covering it!

5. Nandini
    Dec 3 2011

Beautiful captures! 🙂

6. Dec 3 2011

Lovely poised photos.

• Dec 8 2011

IsobelandCat… thank you! I have been so busy that I haven’t had a chance to look at everyone’s entries yet… I saw a few that were wonderful and look forward to see the rest, hopefully this weekend. 🙂

7. thirdhandart
    Dec 3 2011

What a beautiful butterfly! Great entry, very creative.

• Dec 8 2011

many thanks, thirdandart…. I love your work….Yours was one of the blogs I had a chance to visit… I love your photo shop, too. I have been meaning to try something like that… one of these days. 🙂

8. Amar Naik
    Dec 4 2011

beautiful pics

9. Dec 4 2011

gorgeous

• Dec 8 2011

Hi suitablefish…. Thanks a bunch… I look forward to visiting your site soon, too!

10. Dec 4 2011

Beautiful capture 🙂

• Dec 8 2011

Hey WildBlack…. thanks so much…. I’ll check out your site, too, when i have a chance to come up for air!

11. Dec 6 2011

brilliant capture

• Dec 8 2011

Hi Jo! Thanks so much, you dear heart… you know I love your work, too. 🙂

12. Dec 7 2011

They are both beautiful!

• Dec 8 2011

HI Laura…. many thanks for your visit and comments….I appreciate it so much.

Trackbacks & Pingbacks